• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 31, 2011 (Aug 01 - Aug 07)

Yeshua

onipex said:
Noooooo. You're either messing with me or I'm not understanding you. Your really can't be suggesting that they will not reach 5 million world wide, because they shipped 710k last quarter? The total shipment is already about 4.3 million. They can ship 350k- 500k per quarter at this point and reach 5 million. They should hit 5 million ww in the first 30 days of the price drop unless the market just really doesn't care.
He is talking about shipment during the current fiscal year not the total shipment.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
JoshuaJSlone said:
An instant machine translation classic. :)

Eeeeh, all due to the Japanese pronounce of Xillia, "Exillia" :p
...Is it still Holiday tomorrow?

BurntPork

Banned
onipex said:
Noooooo. You're either messing with me or I'm not understanding you. Your really can't be suggesting that they will not reach 5 million world wide, because they shipped 710k last quarter? The total shipment is already about 4.3 million. They can ship 350k- 500k per quarter at this point and reach 5 million. They should hit 5 million ww in the first 30 days of the price drop unless the market just really doesn't care.

Edit:

Thanks I completely missed that.
As Yeshua said, I meant this fiscal year. (April 1st, 2011-March 31st, 2012) Launch numbers are therefore excluded. Nintendo was really dense enough to believe that they could sell 16 million units in that time period, and they sadly still are.

JoshuaJSlone said:
An instant machine translation classic. :)
lolwut

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Many of us have eaten crow with 3DS but you know who the ultimate winner is:

BurntPork said:
150k is an insane baseline. There's no way it'll sell that much with its current software line-up. It could be cut to 10k yen and it would still struggle to sell that much. I also doubt that Pokemon will sell even half that much, since it's just a low-budget spin-off.

Zelda, One Piece, Starfox and Layton are the games that boosted their sales more.

Mpl90

So,in the end...

...Bowiez was RIIIIGHT! :lol :lol :lol
Can we expect Famitsu to share some datas on software today?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
198de18e.jpg

Cygnus X-1

Seems that all 3DS software enjoyed a boost. Well, that's not surprising. But schedule still remains empty and thus.....

BurntPork

Banned
Chris1964 said:
Many of us have eaten crow with 3DS but you know who the ultimate winner is:

Zelda, One Piece, Starfox and Layton are the games that boosted their sales more.
No, the guy who said 42k ate the most crow.

Mpl90

...Everything soldout?
Even CoH? And...Steel Diver?
WHAT

sphinx

the piano man
I think that the overwhelming majority of GAF, which by the way does not understand a single bit of japanese, needs an explanation for that pic.

Indyana

sphinx said:
I think that the overwhelming majority of GAF, which by the way does not understand a single bit of japanese, needs an explanation for that pic.
Yes, I want an explanation, please.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
sphinx said:
It's very simple. Text in red frame says it sold out at that store.

sphinx

the piano man
Chris1964 said:
It's very simple. Text in red frame says it sold out at that store.

thank you. :)

Is this just a particular store or are there being software sell outs at different points in Japan?

I think that if this is the situation all around, then we might be looking at 5 or 6 3DS games in the top 10 games in the japanese charts.

man, how long is it since we had an all DS media create top 10 list? was it 2006 or something? feels like it was ages ago.

if it had some more non-port major games, I think it would have sold much more; 3rd parties sometimes baffle me, but Nintendo baffles me even more

BurntPork

Banned
walking fiend said:
if it had some more non-port major games, I think it would have sold much more; 3rd parties sometimes baffle me, but Nintendo baffles me even more
Nintendo's clearly spread too thin between Wii, DS, Wii U, and 3DS. They need to expand.

BurntPork

Banned
chubigans said:
Probably for the next three weeks at least. And then,

itprintsmisery.jpg
Nah, it'll just print less. No way a cut like this won't have a lasting effect. At worst, it'll hover around 35k a week, but there's no way it'll dip below 30k, and it'll come in first every week until Vita launches.

Sadist said:
They're allready busy doing that.
Well, they need to do it faster.

do we know if 3DS is actually selling at loss for each hardware? I believe his wording was that the profit has been very limited, which I believe may mean that it is not covering their r&d, etc, as much as they want.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
test_account said:
I wonder if stores will be selling the PS3 for 25k tomorrow (today in Japan). Any evidence of this happening yet?
It's 05:45 in Japan right now.

This was mentioned at 3DS sales thread and it's not really important but for the record 3DS after 25 weeks has already outsold Xbox360.

test_account

XP-39C²
Chris1964 said:
It's 05:45 in Japan right now.

This was mentioned at 3DS sales thread and it's not really important but for the record 3DS after 25 weeks has already outsold Xbox360.
For some reason i was under the impression that japanese time was like GMT +9 (meaning that it would be around 7-8am when i asked, unless summer time shaves off one hour). But yeah, it is a bit too early to answer my question just yet :)

BKK

It was announced "with immediate effect", so it should happen in Japan today. I don't see it as being big enough to have a major effect on sales though, maybe 40k - 50k this week, with a baseline closer to 30k than 20k after. I think Neptune 2 is the only PS3 release this week, so I doubt that will push hardware sales, but maybe Neptune can benefit with increased sales from new owners.

BurntPork

Banned
BKK said:
It was announced "with immediate effect", so it should happen in Japan today. I don't see it as being big enough to have a major effect on sales though, maybe 40k - 50k this week, with a baseline closer to 30k than 20k after. I think Neptune 2 is the only PS3 release this week, so I doubt that will push hardware sales, but maybe Neptune can benefit with increased sales from new owners.
I don't see the baseline going up quite that much. I think 20k-25k.

Ratrat

test_account said:
I wonder if stores will be selling the PS3 for 25k tomorrow (today in Japan). Any evidence of this happening yet?
They were at GEO. Used were 20k. So tempting. Also both stores I went to 3ds and ps3 were sold out.

Top Bottom