• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2011 (Aug 22 - Aug 28)

wrowa

C_H_T said:
5.[3DS] Devil Survivor Overclocked 20,809
It really is 20k.

I wonder what Atlus expected. I never understood why they developed the game to begin with, if they were planning not only to develop the sequel for the old DS but also planned to release the sequel just a few weeks earlier. Sounds so dumb.

Brazil said:
Why would an optional accessory for Monster Hunter irritate some people outside of the typical overreacting Gaffer?

Maybe if they're crazy and don't want anyone to experience Monster Hunter with a second analog on the 3DS...
I wouldn't say everyone is overreacting. I fell pretty calm myself and I still don't perceive the second analogstick as a purely optional accessory. It doesn't seem well thought-out and it seems pointless to release such an awkward thing for just one game.
So many people, including myself, naturally think Nintendo is preparing a new 3DS revision, that is clearly not yet ready to launch and to be announced, and this attachment will be a stopgap for old 3DS users.

Erethian

slaughterking said:
I wouldn't say everyone is overreacting. I fell pretty calm myself and I still don't perceive the second analogstick as a purely optional accessory. It doesn't seem well thought-out and it seems pointless to release such an awkward thing for just one game.
So many people, including myself, naturally think Nintendo is preparing a new 3DS revision, that is clearly not yet ready to launch and to be announced, and this attachment will be a stopgap for old 3DS users.

Nintendo has a long history of releasing system peripherals. Even controllers.

wrowa said:
It really is 20k.

I wonder what Atlus expected. I never understood why they developed the game to begin with, if they were planning not only to develop the sequel for the old DS but also planned to release the sequel just a few weeks earlier. Sounds so dumb.
Well, hopefully this means their other 3DS franchise announcements simply won't be Strange Journey Overclocked or Etrian Odyssey III Overclocked, even if that was the original plan.

I wouldn't mind Nocturne 3D though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
slaughterking said:
People are just assuming things. Do you guys really think Nintendo would announce a 3DS revision with four shoulder buttons, and consequently alienate every early adopter a couple of months after they had to apologize for a huge price cut?

Until they do announce a revision with a second analog and two extra shoulder buttons, yes, everyone is overreacting.

Erethian said:
Nintendo has a long history of releasing system peripherals. Even controllers.
Well, I know that; and all these peripherals in recent years were tailored for a special purpose (game). A second stick, however, dramatically improves the 3DS input interface and can be supported by pretty much every game. So it seems like something Nintendo would like to support in the future.

Brazil said:
People are just assuming things. Do you guys really think Nintendo would announce a 3DS revision with four shoulder buttons, and consequently alienate every early adopter a couple of months after they had to apologize for a huge price cut?

Until they do announce a revision with a second analog and two extra shoulder buttons, yes, everyone is overreacting.
Sure, that is kind of the point. It's a natural assumption to make and may affect hardware sales in some way.

Erethian

slaughterking said:
Well, I know that; and all these peripherals in recent years were tailored for a special purpose (game). A second stick, however, dramatically improves the 3DS input interface and can be supported by pretty much every game. So it seems like something Nintendo would like to support in the future.

Sure. And they could do it with bundles, whether with software or the 3DS itself, as time goes by.

But fundamentally changing the default control scheme of the system, rather than just providing an option, seems unlikely at this stage. It took them, what, two and a half years to combine the Wii Remote with the Motion Plus?

wrowa said:
It really is 20k.

Since when was 20k first week a horrible failure?

20k first week is not at all bad for a port of a game to a system where the audience is overlapping.

I can assure you Atlus made a profit on the game.

allan-bh

The imminent 3DS redesign will not disrupt sales of currently model?

The year-end sales are not compromised if the redesign model only come out in 2012?

Brazil said:

But that's exactly why they announced a second analog as a peripheral, isn't? So they can announce a new model without putting out of the game the early adopters.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
slaughterking said:
Sure, that is kind of the point. It's a natural assumption to make and may affect hardware sales in some way.
I expect Nintendo to clarify everything during their press conference, so maybe people will calm down then.

Laguna

Banned
allan-bh said:
The imminent 3DS redesign will not disrupt sales of currently model?

The year-end sales are not compromised if the redesign model only come out in 2012?

I think that this can really cause some problems but let´s just wait and see how the next weeks will look like. I think the next 4 weeks will be pretty telling.

Top Bottom