• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2011 (Aug 22 - Aug 28)

Predictions

[PS3] Hardware (SCE) - 67.842
[PS3] Tales of Xillia (Bandai Namco) - 381,262
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revival Selection (Capcom) - 63,532
[PS3] Resistance 3 (SCE) - 22,512

Alrus

Chris1964 said:
This must be the first fall conference that has so many "leaks".

Can we consider it a leak if it's in Famitsu a week before? Nintendo must have agreed to this being published for some reason?

[Nintex]

Chris1964 said:
This must be the first fall conference that has so many "leaks".
I believe it was a case of higher ups telling stuff and the marketing staff going: "Buhahahaahah let's make fun of these stupid gamers by posting these rumors hahaha oh our boss is so funny!"

and then it turned out to be true.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
test_account said:
I wonder if MH Tri G is exclusive to 3DS. If it is, then i guess maybe MHP3G, or MHP4 will be exclusive to PSP/PS Vita.

Why wouldnt be exclusive to 3DS ? They just announced the game for 3DS only.

Erethian

test_account said:
I wonder if MH Tri G is exclusive to 3DS. If it is, then i guess maybe MHP3G, or MHP4 will be exclusive to PSP/PS Vita.

Well Tri remained exclusive to the Wii, but monsters did show up in MHP3. So I imagine it'll be the same for Tri G on 3DS.

Edit: I also think that the performance of Tri G is going to have a lot to say in whether MH4/MHP4/Whatever ends up multiplatform or not.

test_account

XP-39C²
cw_sasuke said:
Why wouldnt be exclusive to 3DS ? They just announced the game for 3DS only.
To expand the market and potentially make more money. PS Vita is more than capable hardware wise to run it, so that shouldnt be a hurdle at least. Lost Planet 2 was first only announced for the Xbox 360, but some weeks later it was mentioned for the PS3 as well. This is uncommon though, so i'm not exactly thinking this will happen with Tri G as well. But i wonder if they will go the multiplatform route or go the exclusive route.

Erethian said:
Well Tri remained exclusive to the Wii, but monsters did show up in MHP3. So I imagine it'll be the same for Tri G on 3DS.

Edit: I also think that the performance of Tri G is going to have a lot to say in whether MH4/MHP4/Whatever ends up multiplatform or not.
That could be. If Nintendo has something to do with Tri G like they did with Tri on Wii, then it will most likely stay exclusive indeed.

u_neek

Better get my predictions in before it's too late:

[PS3] Hardware (SCE) - 58k
[PS3] Tales of Xillia (Bandai Namco) - 410k
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revival Selection (Capcom) - 60k
[PS3] Resistance 3 (SCE) - 25k

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Predictions
[PS3] Hardware (SCE) - 50k
[PS3] Tales of Xillia (Bandai Namco) - 385k
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revival Selection (Capcom) - 55k
[PS3] Resistance 3 (SCE) - 35k

gkryhewy

I really think they might launch a 3DS revision with MH, to coincide with the cradle. Anything else is a half-measure.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
1. Grand Knights History - PSP
2. MHP3rd HD - PS3
3. Sengoku Musou 3 Warriors - PS3
4. Rhythm Heaven - Wii
5. Devil Survivor Overclocked - 3DS
6. Mobile Suit Gundam - PSP
7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 3DS
8. Kopusupati Book of Shadows - PSP
9. Atsumete! Kirby - NDS
10. Dynasty Warriors 6 Special - PSP

saichi

with Inazuma Eleven 3DS slot for Dec too, wouldn't the schedule for 3DS too crowded for Nov-Dec frame?

With MK7 and MH Tri-G on the same platform, it got to be affecting the sales of other games even if it's the holiday season.

mutsu

saichi said:
with Inazuma Eleven 3DS slot for Dec too, wouldn't the schedule for 3DS too crowded for Nov-Dec frame?

With MK7 and MH Tri-G on the same platform, it got to be affecting the sales of other games even if it's the holiday season.

One's a car racing game for everyone. One's an action RPG for teens/adults. One is RPG for kids/teens. No conflict?

enishi

I wonder Sony is fast enough to launch Vita in November. It could be a nightmare to launch your new machine against Mario Mart, Monster Hunter and Inazuma 11...

Road

saichi said:

The problem is: Can Nintendo produce enough 3DS?

noobie

Banned
ULTROS! said:
1. Grand Knights History - PSP
2. MHP3rd HD - PS3
3. Sengoku Musou 3 Warriors - PS3
4. Rhythm Heaven - Wii
5. Devil Survivor Overclocked - 3DS
6. Mobile Suit Gundam - PSP
7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 3DS
8. Kopusupati Book of Shadows - PSP
9. Atsumete! Kirby - NDS
10. Dynasty Warriors 6 Special - PSP

Is this, this week's software sales order?

C_H_T

1.[PSP] Grand Knights History 64,630
2.[PS3] MHP3rd HD 52,792
3.[WII] Rhythm Heaven 22,762
4.[PS3] Sengoku Musou 3 Warriors 21,604
5.[3DS] Devil Survivor Overclocked 20,809
6.[DS] Atsumete! Kirby 15,804
7.[PSP] Corpse Party Book of Shadows 15,249
8.[PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam 14,656
9.[PSP] PokaPoka Village G 12,924
10.[PSP]Dynasty Warriors 6 Special 12,209

Great numbers for 3DS, totally unexpected without important games.
Hoping more for Overclocked anyway (30-35k).

Grand Knight History performed really well, obviously a jRPG has more appeal than a game like Muramasa.

saichi

mutsu said:
One's a car racing game for everyone. One's an action RPG for teens/adults. One is RPG for kids/teens. No conflict?

let's see...

The kart racing game for everyone would eat into the kids/teen market of the RPG for kids/teens.

The action RPG for teens/adults would eat into the teens market of the RPG for kids/teens.

That's not to mention both the kart racing game and the action RPG game are from the more popular franchises and the RPG for kids/teens is from the franchise in decline.

It would be especially brutal if the release date for the RPG for kids/teens is sandwitched between the other two.

EDIT: Just saw this week's number. MH3rd HD had a big drop. Wonder if it's gonna make it to 500K especially if Monster Hunter 3rd HD is announced as launch game for Vita.

Sennorin

Banned
Huh, so 3DS only 6k units lower than last week? That´s impressive. Well, unlike next week where 3DS will dip below 10k when people get to know about the upcoming revision...

Erethian

Sennorin said:
Huh, so 3DS only 6k units lower than last week? That´s impressive. Well, unlike next week where 3DS will dip below 10k when people get to know about the upcoming revision...

I'm thinking 2k, myself.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
saichi said:
let's see...

The kart racing fame for everyone would eat into the kids/teen market of the RPG for kids/teens.

The action RPG for teens/adults would eat into the teens market of the RPG for kids/teens.

That's not to mention both the kart racing game and the action RPG game are from the more popular franchises and the RPG for kids/teens is from the franchise in decline.

It would be especially brutal if the release date for the RPG for kids/teens is sandwitched between the other two.

EDIT: Just saw this week's number. MH3rd HD had a big drop. Wonder if it's gonna make it to 500K especially if Monster Hunter 3rd HD is announced as launch game for Vita.
No, dude. No. The three games are going to sell just like they would if the others didn't exist. Hell, they will probably help each other by increasing the installed base.

There are at least 4 huge PS3/360 releases in November (in US/EU), and no one is arguing that they will hurt each other's sales.

Sennorin said:
Erethian said:
I'm thinking 2k, myself.
I must've missed something. Did Nintendo announce a revision?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
enishi said:
Or start picking up stream due to new Monster Hunter announced......

Yeah, because people in Japan have secret time machines and already knew about an announcement leaked today

Nice hold for 3DS. Let's hope it can maintain a solid 40-50k until Easter starts in October.

lol @ Overclocked. Atlus should've just made DS2 a 3DS game, it might've performed better long term that way.

Brazil said:
Oh yeah. Just as I imagined. People are just being stupid again.
But the attachment is certainly something that will irritate some people. I wont make any assumptions on how it may affect hardware sales in the coming weeks, but it's possible the hardware will drop faster than it would without this announcement.

Yeshua

lunchwithyuzo said:
lol @ Overclocked. Atlus should've just made DS2 a 3DS game, it might've performed better long term that way.
Nope they just need to make DS2 Overlocked for 3DS with 3D menu.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
slaughterking said:
But the attachment is certainly something that will irritate some people. I wont make any assumptions on how it may affect hardware sales in the coming weeks, but it's possible the hardware will drop faster than it would without this announcement.
Why would an optional accessory for Monster Hunter irritate people that aren't typical overreacting Gaffers?

Maybe if they're crazy and don't want anyone to experience Monster Hunter with a second analog on the 3DS...

Top Bottom