• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2011 (Aug 22 - Aug 28)

extralite

Nuclear Muffin said:
Either way, it won't come remotely close to the other mainline Dragon Quest games in terms of sales.
You might be right but you might as well be totally wrong. If the download quests lowering used sales effect of IX can be repeated and improved upon it might end up selling more than any of the predecessors.

Both Nintendo and Enix seem to have trust in this move and I see it also as a reaction to social gaming becoming more popular.

Kyoufu

extralite said:
You might be right but you might as well be totally wrong. If the download quests lowering used sales effect of IX can be repeated and improved upon it might end up selling more than any of the predecessors.

Both Nintendo and Enix seem to have trust in this move and I see it also as a reaction to social gaming becoming more popular.

Not sure if serious.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
extralite said:
Both Nintendo and Enix seem to have trust in this move.
1 picture = 1000 words?

DQIX
L9mv7.jpg

DQX
xj2Sy.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Your DQIX pic is where they announced DQX as well though. That we didn't know what it was going to be doesn't mean they didn't...

What I find amusing about the two pics - and I don't think it's something the people posting it intend - is that Wada has been heavily criticised for his leadership at SE, but his absence from the DQX announcement is meant to be indicative of, what? His misgivings about the deal? It's just amusing that in most other situations his opinion or his actions would be sneered at, but in this particular case...

lunchwithyuzo said:
I do sort of wonder if WiiU gets FFXIII and FFXIV ports too? Maybe a FFXIII Complete Collection in late 2012?
XIII I wouldn't count on, any more than Wii got a late port of XII. XIV I already assumed would happen, and having online DQX confirmed makes it even more certain. It'd head everywhere except MS seems less willing to compromise about who's master of online on their system.
mutsu said:
Shows that Horii's hands are forced to make online... really sad :(
You think? Given what DQ IX ended up as, and that it started out even less like the DQs of old, I'd assume this is what he wanted to do--and he has more pull on what becomes of Dragon Quest than Sakaguchi did with Final Fantasy.

onken

Considering the PS3 version of FF14 has basically been canceled I wouldn't hold my breath for a Wii U version. Maybe if they completely relaunch the game...

Khrno

onken said:
Considering the PS3 version of FF14 has basically been canceled I wouldn't hold my breath for a Wii U version. Maybe if they completely relaunch the game...

Going by 4Gamer's June interview with YoshiP (translation), the PS3 version of FFXIV is far from canceled. That would actually be the worst thing they could do, the second worst thing would be not porting it to WiiU as well. They already decided to keep the game, fix it and most likely re-launch it, so having console versions will be their biggest source of new players.

onken said:
That basically is what they're doing--radically altering the game, then hoping to launch on PS3 with a much better face.

Elios83

onken said:

On the contrary the PC version is being used as a huge public beta testing, when the game is done they will try to make money pretending it's a new game on the PS3.

wrowa

DQ takes the direction Horii wants it to take. Who thinks that he's sad or that he was forced to turn DQX in the MMO direction is being delusional :p

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
wrowa said:
DQ takes the direction Horii wants it to take. Who thinks that he's sad or that he was forced to turn DQX in the MMO direction is being delusional :p
Obviously we are joking but these faces are really funny.

wrowa

Chris1964 said:
Obviously we are joking but these faces are really funny.
I have the feeling that everyone involved just wanted to get the event over very quickly Apart of Iwata (who probably felt really lucky, considering that thanks to the new direction the Wii U can launch with a mainline DQ) no one involved really had any reason to anticipate that day. The DQ team knew that the majority of the fans and the shareholders would dislike the direction DQX has taken :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
onken said:

No it hasn't.

Road

Predictions

[PS3] Hardware (SCE) - 44,444
[PS3] Tales of Xillia (Bandai Namco) - 355,555
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revival Selection (Capcom) - 55,555
[PS3] Resistance 3 (SCE) - 33,333

LOCK

Kagari said:
No it hasn't.
Thanks for this clarification. I was a little worried for a sec.

Also, seeing how everybody is downplaying DQ10's success unit wise, I bet this will surprise us all.

Road

(From last week's thread)

Chris1964 said:
I think 3DS performance will be a copy of 2005. I expect an explosion at December.

If MH3G comes out this year (as is being proposed), it probably will.

Erethian

Road said:
(From last week's thread)

If MH3G comes out this year (as is being proposed), it probably will.

Yeah putting aside the craziness of the attachment... thingy, MH3G coming out this year would be a huge deal.

LOCK

So that puts:

Tetris - October 20
Slime Mori Mori 3 - November 2

New Love Plus - Late October?
Kid Icarus - Late October?
Super Mario 3D Land - Mid November?
Mario Kart 7 - Early December?
Monster Hunter 3G - Late December?

Yeah, this is going to be huge.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
LOCK said:
So that puts:

Tetris - October 20
Slime Mori Mori 3 - November 2

New Love Plus - Late October?
Kid Icarus - Late October?
Super Mario 3D Land - Mid November?
Mario Kart 7 - Early December?
Monster Hunter 3G - Late December?

Yeah, this is going to be huge.
Inazuma 11 GO is also this year and bigger than most titles on the list. But yeah MH Tri G this year is huge. Especially at that 15.000 Yen price point.

That line-up reminds me a lot of the DS 2005 Christmas lineup with some extra firepower thrown in for good measure. I imagine that both Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion are basically waiting in the wings for late winter/early spring release as well. I have a hard time believing that won't sell systems. That peripheral, no matter how stupid looking, might be practical (though a redesign is obviously in the future, not sure why they couldn't just wait for that) to attract games such as Monster Hunter and maybe FPSs in the west.

LOCK

cw_sasuke said:
Inazuma 11 GO is also this year and bigger than most titles on the list. But yeah MH Tri G this year is huge. Especially at that 15.000 Yen price point.
I knew I was forgetting something.

Yeah, that's just icing on the cake.

cw_sasuke

Erethian said:
Then Revelations early next year. And I assume Paper Mario isn't far off either.

Kingdom Hearts 3D is also aiming for an early 2012 release.

Truth101

Banned
Needless to say I expect 3DS to explode with the wrath of the gods, in a couple of months.

Can't wait for TGS, so hyped.

Edit:

If someone sees this can you post what the DS highest point of sales was in a single week? not including launch week, or release of DSlite/DSi.

LOCK

Truth101 said:
Needless to say I expect 3DS to explode with the wrath of the gods, in a couple of months.

Can't wait for TGS, so hyped.

Edit:

If someone sees this can you post what the DS highest point of sales was in a single week? not including launch week, or release of DSlite/DSi.
DS - 597,628 Dec. 19-15th 2005 has the record I think

LOCK

BladeoftheImmortal said:
I don't know how popular 3G will be if you have to buy and add-on to play it. we shall see, though.
Monster Hunter gamers appear very hardcore. Plus this is nothing new to them, seeing as how they bought the CCPro with MH3 and many times exclusive systems of the PSP.

BKK

Have to wonder if the ¥15k 3DS price is just a fire sale on the current model ahead of the introduction of a new model with integrated dual analog. Going by past precedence I wouldn't be surprised if a new model was priced higher than the current model.

Datschge

BKK said:
Have to wonder if the ¥15k 3DS price is just a fire sale on the current model ahead of the introduction of a new model with integrated dual analog. Going by past precedence I wouldn't be surprised if a new model was priced higher than the current model.
May well happen. But I'm sure Nintendo first wants to ramp up the production first to reduce their per unit manufacturing costs (for which the sales may need to be consistently higher).

watershed

Banned
BKK said:
If the revision is gonna cost more its got to be just barely more, $199.99 tops. Anything higher will pass the magic threshold and cause the same issues $250 did.

cw_sasuke

20K 3DS rededign might happen, since it will probably have the games by than to back up that price + additionial featires like ( bigger battery, 2nd slidepad etc.)

Predictions
[PS3] Hardware (SCE) - 55k
[PS3] Tales of Xillia (Bandai Namco) - 425k
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revival Selection (Capcom) - 45k
[PS3] Resistance 3 (SCE) - 25k

BKK said:
Have to wonder if the ¥15k 3DS price is just a fire sale on the current model ahead of the introduction of a new model.

01net suggested as much, and some level of price increase would be expected.

Lets say they had built at least 4 million by the end of March, and made 1 million a month for the next 4 months. How long will it take them to sell through 8M units?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Spiegel said:
The long faces are really weird :lol

SW3

9TJRr.jpg

Happy

Never knew Samurai Warriors 3 was a Nintendo-Koei partnership thing. So is the SW3Z a betrayalton? :p

cw_sasuke

December too ? Yes sales should be big, especially with MK7 in decmeber an perhaps Tri G.

Top Bottom