• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2013 (Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Tsutaya ranking and commentary: http://mantan-web.jp/2013/09/03/20130903dog00m200009000c.html

1. Jojo (PS3)
2. FFXIV (PS3)
3. Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (Vita)
4. Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
5. Disney Magic Castle (3DS)
6. Mario & Luigi RPG 4 (3DS)
7. Yokai Watch (3DS)
8. Conception 2 (Vita)
9. Masou Kishin 3 (PS3)
10. Tomodachi Collection (3DS)

- Jojo is the biggest opening of any title this year
- FFXIV sold more than half of what Jojo did, very surprising for an online game

NOTE: This is only for Tsutaya's chain of stores and is not based on nationwide tracking and might not be reflective of the market at large.

There is no way JoJo will open bigger the DQ7 remake.
FFXIV exceeding expectations it seems.

Tizoc

There is no way JoJo will open bigger the DQ7 remake.
FFXIV exceeding expectations it seems.

Did DQ7 have an initial 500,000 shipment? Cuz that's JoJo ASB's.
I don't think anyone is expecting it to surpass DQ7.
Really though it sold within the 400,000 range by my estimation.

Tizoc

I just want you guys to know I have half a dozen Reaction images to use for when the JoJo sales numbers and Media Create thread are up.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Square Enix has announced two new games in the TGS window so far:

Melpharia March (iOS):

This is a PvZ game as far as I can tell.

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg

Deadman's Cross (iOS/Android):

It's Guardian Cross (Ito's masterpiece), but in modern day with zombies!

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg

kswiston

People should remember the cautionary tales of Capcom and Square Enix when they suggest that Nintendo should go third party.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Speaking of Capcom, Deep Down is playable at TGS.

One the one hand, it's not an f2p phone game.

On the other hand, it's developed by the people who make all their f2p phone games.

I'm setting my expectations at "low". How about everyone else?

Frodo

On the other hand, it's developed by the people who make all their f2p phone games.

After that YouTube teaser, and after hearing it is an online game I have no expectations at all.

allan-bh

I was looking at sales of other fighting games this gen... Man, the numbers are worse than I realized, except for Brawl of course.

Graphics wise, i don't think it will reach the original tech demo. Gameplay wise, i am interested if they retain the Dragon's Dogma gameplay in it.

Spiegel

So many upcoming Musou games for PS3/Vita

Warriors Orochi 2
Dynasty Warriors 8 Expansion
Gundam Musou 4
Sengoku Musou 2 HD

Anyway. Vita is getting some good support for the next few months between PS3 and PSP multiplatform releases.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This week's Famitsu got leaked early with some new titles.

[PS3/Vita] Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 4? (真・ガンダム無双)
[PS3/Vita] Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai (魔都紅色幽撃隊)
[3DS] A-Train 3D (A列車で行こう3D)

Quoting this here since I'm splitting the thread.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just something that came up to my mind now: when did Marvelous announce anything the last time?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, we have two Famitsu issues left before TGS, and the pre-TGS announcements so far this year have honestly been dire.

Hopefully things look brighter over the next couple of weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mpl90

I can't read Japanese, but it looks like their last title was Dragon Orb for GREE: http://www.maql.co.jp/

So, it's been quite a while since their last retail title got released.
I'm wondering when they will start with 3DS announcements again. Probably Harvest Moon, certainly Rune Factory 5, possibly the "real" Senran Kagura 2, and let's hope that Dragon Mark thing is still alive. And this wouldn't mean they will stop supporting Vita, since they found success on the platform, far from it.

Quite high. I expect a dungeon crawler where teamwork is essential. Supplies may be scavenged as well. Essentially MH but in dark caverns.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm wondering when they will start with 3DS announcements again. Probably Harvest Moon, certainly Rune Factory 5, possibly the "real" Senran Kagura 2, and let's hope that Dragon Mark thing is still alive. And this wouldn't mean they will stop supporting Vita, since they found success on the platform, far from it.

IIRC it's not uncommon for Marvelous to do TGS announcements for all platforms, but I could be wrong about that.

Mpl90

So many upcoming Musou games for PS3/Vita

Warriors Orochi 2
Dynasty Warriors 8 Expansion
Gundam Musou 4
Sengoku Musou 2 HD

Anyway. Vita is getting some good support for the next few months between PS3 and PSP multiplatform releases.

Strangely, half of Musou Vita support (since we don't know details for Gundam yet) seems to be "boycotted" by Tecmo Koei themselves.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Expansion: on PS3, there are both the only expansion version (5,040) and the original + expansion pack (7,300), while on Vita there's just the original + expansion pack (7,140).
Sengoku Musou 2 HD is released both retail and digitally on PS3. Only digitally on Vita.
Let's see if Gundam Musou follows what happened with Gundam Breaker (Vita version being released much later than PS3, and with only local co-op) or not.

Strangely, half of Musou Vita support (since we don't know details for Gundam yet) seems to be "boycotted" by Tecmo Koei themselves.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Expansion: on PS3, there are both the only expansion version (5,040) and the original + expansion pack (7,300), while on Vita there's just the original + expansion pack (7,140).

Don't you need orginal release for expansion pack to work ?

Road

Modern list war.

September Japanese new game announcements:

Smartphones, tablets & browser overlords:

Melpharia March (iOS / Square Enix)
Deadman's Cross (iOS, Android / Square Enix)
Divine Gate (iOS, Android / GungHo)

Home and portable consoles has-beens:

Shin Gundam Musou (PS3, Vita / Bandai Namco)
Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai (PS3, Vita / ???)

A-Train 3D and VitaminX/Z 3DS ports should count as well, no?

Sorry, no ports. =P (Also A-Train 3D was actually announced years ago)

Mpl90

Modern list war.

September Japanese new game announcements:

Smartphones, tablets & browser overlords:

Melpharia March (iOS / Square Enix)
Deadman's Cross (iOS, Android / Square Enix)
Divine Gate (iOS, Android / GungHo)

Home and portable consoles has-beens:

Shin Gundam Musou (PS3, Vita / Bandai Namco)
Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai (PS3, Vita / ???)

A-Train 3D and VitaminX/Z 3DS ports should count as well, no?

mao2

Pretty much lost my interest after finding out that it's an online game. :/

Sengoku Musou 2 HD is released both retail and digitally on PS3. Only digitally on Vita.
Let's see if Gundam Musou follows what happened with Gundam Breaker (Vita version being released much later than PS3, and with only local co-op) or not.
"Boycott"? DW8 wasn't released for Vita, therefore they can't just release DW8XL like the PS3 version. Also, DW8 with XL (original + expansion) is cheaper than buying both games separately.

Mpl90

Pretty much lost my interest after finding out that it's an online game. :/

"Boycott"? DW8 wasn't released for Vita, therefore they can't just release DW8XL like the PS3 version. Also, DW8 with XL (original + expansion) is cheaper than buying both games separately.

I thought XL would work without the original. If that's not the case, then, my bad. :)

crinale

What the...?

Mpl90

I'm wondering if KAIO: King of Pirates is still 2013. It was supposed to come out last year and we still haven't got a set date yet.

Maybe Keiji is too busy with Mighty no.9.

Mpl90

I'm wondering if KAIO: King of Pirates is still 2013. It was supposed to come out last year and we still haven't got a set date yet.

KAIO! I forgot about that, it's been lots of time. We did get a little update this year, also about the manga/anime, didn't we?

KAIO! I forgot about that, it's been lots of time. We did get a little update this year, also about the manga/anime, didn't we?
Yeah the release date for that is also tentatively 2013. They're probably trying to get both the game and the anime/manga out around the same time, following in the footsteps of Level-5.

zroid

Banned
I'm wondering if KAIO: King of Pirates is still 2013.

I seriously doubt that. I think we got a vague update a few months ago that "development was progressing", but it just seems to really have been sidelined. Sad, because I was looking forward to it, and the way they talked about it made it seem like it was intended for worldwide release from the start.

Just for the halibut, let's see what 3DS (any) announcements we've had in the last... 30 days?

Steel Empire (eShop remake by Star Fish SD)
Karous: The Beast Of Re: Eden (retail, new or port, no idea, by Klon)
Toriko: Ultimate Survival (new, retail, by Bandai Namco)
A-Train 3D (likely retail, technically not a new announcement, just back from the dead, by Artdink)
VitaminX Evolution Plus (PSP port, likely retail and by D3 and HuneX)
VitaminZ Revolution (same)
Years of Amazones (retail, new RPG by Arc System Works)
Kamen Rider (retail, new, by Bandai Namco and 7th Chord)
"nansanden" (new, retail, by Klon)

Pretty sure that's it, not too shabby.

Mpl90

Just for the halibut, let's see what 3DS (any) announcements we've had in the last... 30 days?

Steel Empire (eShop remake by Star Fish SD)
Karous: The Beast Of Re: Eden (retail, new or port, no idea, by Klon)
Toriko: Ultimate Survival (new, retail, by Bandai Namco)
A-Train 3D (likely retail, technically not a new announcement, just back from the dead, by Artdink)
VitaminX Evolution Plus (PSP port, likely retail and by D3 and HuneX)
VitaminZ Revolution (same)
Years of Amazones (retail, new RPG by Arc System Works)
Kamen Rider (retail, new, by Bandai Namco and 7th Chord)
"nansanden" (new, retail, by Klon)

Pretty sure that's it, not too shabby.

Forgetting Bravely Default: For the Sequel is a crime against humanity.

Thorgal

So, we have two Famitsu issues left before TGS, and the pre-TGS announcements so far this year have honestly been dire.

Hopefully things look brighter over the next couple of weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

One possible reason for that could be that potential developers are under NDA to not leak stuff until the conference .

Reason it could be possible is that Sony has managed to not let a single leak or at least very little of them happen this year in regards to PS4 .

of course i realize this could sound the same as the Wii U faithful who thinks Nintendo is hiding multiple 3rd party games Waiting to be announced but somehow i could see Sony actually doing this and actually having something to hide since they actually have third party support .

Of course this is just one possibility amongst many .
it could be possible this is everything they have and PS4 has nearly jack squat but i tend to keep every road open right now .

Top Bottom