• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2013 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

There are CoroCoro scans out mentioning a new Youkai Watch is in development for 3DS.

They don't show or say overly much else to my knowledge, but I can't read Japanese.

Indeed, just says that the contest winner's design will appear in a new game in the series. Perhaps an Plus+ version to coincide with the anime's launch?

Foshy

How do you know the buzz is pretty big?
I don't actually know, it just appears to me that way, that's how I formulated it in my original post too. There was something about the japanese viewership really liking the conference, and some anecdotal evidence here and there.

I've been visiting these threads long enough to know that Amazon rankings and sell-outs don't mean anything.

I thought initial shipments wasn't significantly more than 1 million? Would reshipments have happened in first week? If so I'm fucked for prediction league.

And obviously shipments != sales, but still I'm off.

LOCK

I'm really interested in how many bundles/hardware sales occurred because of MH4. If the 3DS doesn't approach 250k sales I will be sort of disappointed.

Read a bit more :p

''...As early as the fourth day after the launch sales had already topped 2 million units''

"Launch sales" can be shorthand for "Launch consolidated unit sales," which refers to the amount of shipments from Capcom to retailers within the launch period.

EDIT: And possibly eShop sales as well.

Considering 2 million is shipment and excluding eShop sales, I think we are looking for 1.5m-1.6m on retail, maybe less.

I don't think we have any reason to assume the 2 million excludes eshop sales, but i'd say 1.5-1.6 is a good guess for physical retail, have we had any other sell out reports apart from amazon?

DaBoss

Since the other thread doesn't seem to have room for discussion, gonna ask this here.

Is it likely that the shipment number includes digital sales? Hasn't it been the case that when other Japanese companies talk about shipments, they include digital sales? I remember there was a number of cases for the Vita where it included digital sales.

Since the other thread doesn't seem to have room for discussion, gonna ask this here.

Is it likely that the shipment number includes digital sales? Hasn't it been the case that when other Japanese companies talk about shipments, they include digital sales? I remember there was a number of cases for the Vita where it included digital sales.

while I have no evidence I have no reason to believe they'd exclude digital, including them means they can report a bigger number and investors like big numbers

I'm not exactly sure if Capcom includes downloadable figures because they haven't clarified, but I really do think it's likely this 2 million figure includes both retail and digital.

Why? Well:

1) Other Japanese companies (like Nintendo) include retail shipments + digital sales when bragging about figures

2) It would make sense, when bragging about numbers, not to exclude a portion of your market

3) Capcom has frequently talked about the digital business and likes to compare retail to digital revenue

Road

In this day and age I think the fastest way to get a clarification from Capcom would be through Twitter.

I will try to contact them on their investor website, but only tomorrow if there's no confirmation yet.

L Thammy

What do you guys think about the sales potential of the Vita TV? Buzz seems to be pretty big from what I heard.

Barring supply constraints, at least 150k first week seems a lock, no? The last few console launches (3DS, Vita, Wii U) were around 300k, and the 3DS XL sold around 200k.

I think the price will ensure that a fair number are bought, but it's still mostly a niche system in the end, and it's a niche system that's stuck in your living room now. If Sony could match that low price with games that have broad appeal I think they'd have something very solid.

Didn't Vita have pretty good first week numbers already? I don't think that matters in the long run, it just shows the appeal with early adopters.

Dalthien

Wait till wednesday?

Wednesday won't really help much with any kind of comparison. MHP3rd had 5 days of tracking in the 1st week, and MH4 will only have 2 days of tracking. Plus, a portion of MH4 sales will be digital, and won't be tracked at all - which wasn't the case for MHP3rd.

The only real comparison at this point is that Capcom shipped 2M within the first 4-5 days for both games.

I'm still expecting 1.5m for first 2 days retail. Legs should be pretty good, and still being relatively new in the Christmas period along with Pokemon should boost sales considerably.

Kenka

That's a positive news for my predictions. I can't wait to play the game myself when it gets localized.

Holy Pika. Launch doesn't disappoint.

MH4 will outsell Pokemon imo, just because of the 1 month head start it has. I don't see Pokemon overtaking it any time soon.

I think this is likely the case, there's no reason for them not to include them.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In one-two hours, we should have the sales report from Famitsu, with 3DS hardware included, shouldn't we?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
MH4 is performing really well, with a very solid debut (and looking at MH3G sales on 3DS it will probably have legs too), that's true in any case (MC/Famitsu actual first week numbers, shipment or sales, digital or not)

Top Bottom