• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2012 (Feb 20 - Feb 26)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Naruto already had a Muso clone in Ultimate Ninja Impact for PSP.

I don't know how'd you do the other three as Muso games.

I can see Toriko Muso, though that game will likely be one of the lowest selling.

Scamco could always do a Dragon Ball Muso, but I'd be more likely to burn my money than buy it.

Pretty Cure is SO perfect for a Musou.
Especially if you want a Musou out of this world, targeting the Majokko audience XD

Anth0ny

So, Musou has teamed up with these anime / manga brands so far

Gundam
Hokuto no Ken
One Piece

What's next for the franchise, in your opinion?

Except for the very desired Berserk Musou ( it would also be a good time, with the brand new movies released )... what brands?

Naruto?
Inuyasha?
Digimon?
Pretty Cure?

What's the ranking of the most sold mangas / most viewed anime shows in Japan right now? Excluding obviously OP, Naruto and Bleach ( which already had a Musou-like from Sony itself ) and Saint Seya (from Bandai ).

Dragon Ball!

Mpl90

Well, I was spefically talking about anime / manga franchises. But if you want to insert also other videogame brands, there are so many possibilities: Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros., ...

Beth Cyra

For years I've called out for a Dynamic Productions Muso. Both are very popular and Dynamic Pro. Could easily work in a Muso system.

Takao

Banned
Actually based on what I've seen of One Piece Muso I think there could be a Dragon Ball Muso. You'd have generic stock characters like Bear with Sword, Saibamen, Freeza Clan, Red Ribbon Army Soldiers, and Cell Jr. clones to draw from and then you'd have the 1 on 1 boss fights...

We're supposed to see another 3 Dragon Ball games this year. One is DBZ Kinect, so I'm going to guess another will be a handheld game, with the last either being another Spike dump on fans or a port of Zenkai Battle Royale.

I can see Scamco pulling away from Dragon Ball for a bit and then returning with the Muso :/

Mpl90

Do you want the demonstration Musou games make lots of money?

Tecmo Koei announced today some major personnel changes. Hisashi Koinuma, producer of many games in the Musou/Warriors series of titles, will be promoted to head of the company's software division. This position is currently held by CEO Yoichi Erikawa, who will retain his position as CEO.

Koinuma will retain his position as head of the company's Second Software Division in Tokyo. He will also be promoted to head of the company's Kyoto development divisions.

These changes take effect on April 1. View Tecmo Koei's PDF here.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I want Ar tonelico Musou and Atelier Musou.

test_account

XP-39C²
I think one or two were on PS2.

Edit: I found 2005 Fighting for One Piece PS2, 2005 One Piece: Pirates Carnival GC and PS2, 2006 One Piece Grand Adventure GC and PS2

Battle Stadium DON sort of? Grand Adventure as well, but that was a western only release.

Last entry on a non Nintendo system.

[PS2] ONE PIECE Pirates Carnival (2005-11-23) - 22,918. Released on NGC too.

[Wii] One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (2007-04-26) - 110,802
[DS] One Piece Gear Spirit (2007-08-30) - 67,491
[Wii] One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 (2008-09-11) - 128,623
[Wii] One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 2 (2009-02-26) - 115,311
[DS] One Piece Gigant Battle! (2010-09-09) - 332,003
[3DS] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (2011-05-26) - 213,840
[DS] One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 - New World (2011-11-17) - 292,645
Thanks for the info everyone :) It seems that the handheld games have done very good lately.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think Berserk Musou is the most likely next step if they want to do something different. But what is more likely would be a sequel to One Piece Musou by next year.

I hope they do something like... Yu Yu Hakusho Musou.

Or Haruhi Suzumiya Musou. :)

NeonZ

We're supposed to see another 3 Dragon Ball games this year. One is DBZ Kinect, so I'm going to guess another will be a handheld game, with the last either being another Spike dump on fans or a port of Zenkai Battle Royale.

I wonder if Spike would spontaneously combust if they made a simple follow up to Tenkaichi 3? Why do they keep going in odd directions rather than just make a follow up to something that worked nicely before?

Kenka

Sorry to bring that on the table again but even in past times, Media Create threads reached such sizes only on very seltdom occasions.
And now, we break the 900k bar casually on a weekly basis, hurrah !

massoluk

Banned
The answer is obvious.

Doraemon Musou

Castle of the Undersea Devil
Birth of Japan
Nobita and the Steel Troops Musou.
Nobita and the Knights of Dinosaurs
Tin-Plate Labyrinth

donny2112

Sorry to bring that on the table again but even in past times, Media Create threads reached such sizes only on very seltdom occasions.
And now, we break the 900k bar casually on a weekly basis, hurrah !

Oh, my.

MCPosts-3.png

Was this HM game supposed to be really good or something?

Yeah. Best graphics in series history, allows customization of the town and your character, both male and female options, and basically a "best of" in terms of features.

Harvest Moon games usually take like a full year to get localized but there's basically no doubt that this one will be.

Pretty hilarious no one cared when Sony was dominating, but all the sudden Nintendo is doing well and its "omg hey! hey! look guys!" lol

I don't think there was ever a situation like 3DS vs. Vita now. I'm sure it will stabilize, and the gap will not stay like that forever, but at least we have whole March to witness 3DS murdering Vita at retail. Why shouldn't it? Nintendo is doing everything right, Sony is lolworthy.

Next few weeks will be fun!

Salvadora

I don't think there was ever a situation like 3DS vs. Vita now. I'm sure it will stabilize, and the gap will not be like that forever, but at least we have whole March to witness 3DS murdering Vita at retail.

I think its the initial shock. If it becomes routine people will comment less.

test_account

XP-39C²
I don't think there was ever a situation like 3DS vs. Vita now. I'm sure it will stabilize, and the gap will not stay like that forever, but at least we have whole March to witness 3DS murdering Vita at retail. Why shouldn't it? Nintendo is doing everything right, Sony is lolworthy.

Next few weeks will be fun!
Same happened with PS3 and Wii in the begining. The PS3 went down to ~10k pretty fast while the Wii sales were very high.

Top Bottom