• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merge two games to make your dream game

Senran Kagura + DOOM

stanley-hudson-nodding.gif

Last edited:

O-N-E

Breath of the Wild with Shadow of the Colossus.

Exploration / experimentation capabilities in a beautiful BotW like game while these giant creatures roam around in the distance and defeating them involves getting a handle on the patterns of the boss and a good understanding of the surroundings and how to traverse them.

Defeating the bosses causes permanent changes to the environment. Like previously inaccessible areas becoming unlocked and towns sprouting from the remains of the giants.

Aenima

Street Fighter 5 + Witcher 3

Pretty much would be the idea of playing a Street Fighter open world RPG where you travel through modern cities doing quests, meet and recruiting other street fighter characters to your party, and then the fights happen in a 2D plane like normal street fighter games.

Last edited:

NahaNago

zelda and rhapsody. A zelda musical with a more anime type look.

digimon world and pillars of eternity. I wanted a digimon world that has a world that looks similar to pillars of eternity. I feel like that is more similar to the original digimon world ps1 game.

final fantasy and skyrim. Final fantasy of late has failed in creating this massive world you can explore and if you can combine the massive and detailed world of skyrim plus the uniqueness of final fantasy I think you would get the same feelings you did when you played the ff games of the ps1 era.

I'm still thinking of what I could combine devil may cry and mega man legends with.

Last edited:

DJ12

Gran Turismo (not sport) and Forza Horizon.

The realism of GT, and upgrade system that doesn't make all upgraded cars virtually identical, with the open world elements and generally larking about opportunities of Horizon.

Some good ideas here but also some terrible ones. You’ve got to think outside the box for this.

I think Returnal + Metroid Prime is my suggestion.

Returnal in every way except the rougelike but with Samus and Metroid Prime style, story, world type, levels ups.

My second desire would be
BOTW + RDR2.

To my mind there is a real drought of awesome fantasy RPG all these games have copied Witcher 3 for its success but nothing has really come close for me. I have high hopes for Dragons Dogma 2 and Elden Ring.

Baldur's Gate + Diablo

Dragon's Dogma + Zelda BotW

Dark Souls + Castlevania

Returnal + Megaman

Witcher + Horizon ZD

Dragon Quest + Tales of

Yakuza + the World Ends With You

FF Tactics + Valkyria Chronicles

I wished for FF+NiOh and actually getting made thank God.
Damn, you reminded me of Dragon's Dogma. I'd like to see some of the DD mechanics in a Witcher game, for sure.

Kokoloko85

Shen Mue + Street Fighter ( Shen mue 1-2 style exploration with Street Fighter characters and lore )

Stardew Valley + GTA - Zelda or MGS ( Basically an R rated farming sim with good combat/steath and humour )

MGS1 + MGS5 - (A prime Solid Snaker doing missions across the globe but also some large story areas like Shadow Moses and Big Shell )

Megaman + an open world 3rd person shooter like Gears or Just Cause - (Dark Megaman game, in a Metroidvania style open world )

TLOU + 7 dayS to die - ( Crafting, Surviving, PVE set in the TLOU universe with Naughty dog attention to detail )

Sekiro + KOTOR - ( A large Star Wars RPG with Sekiro lightsaber to lightsaber combat )

Last edited:
Old school Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV.

FFXI is my most played game ever. I miss the game in its early form. But, it could have been vastly improved by having some of the quality of life features in XIV, such as the party searching on different jobs, the crafting and economy in XIV and a few other things.

I'd keep the old school grinding and combat that allowed you to chat by typing while grinding with your parties.

Reactions: Gp1

Gp1

Metal Gear Solid 5 + Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 5 + Arma 3

DCS + Ace Combat 7 (Basically a Flight Sim that works on the controller and with some good single player content)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Another one: FF V + Baldur's Gate.

Imagine one of those CRPGs, but instead of complicated builds which you can fuck up, you have a job system so you are able to swap those whenever you want, encouraging mixing jobs and experimenting with them

Kokoloko85

Street Fighter 5 + Witcher 3

Pretty much would be the idea of playing a Street Fighter open world RPG where you travel through modern cities doing quests, meet and recruiting other street fighter characters to your party, and then the fights happen in a 2D plane like normal street fighter games.

I literally think about a game like this all the time, but I imagine it would be a bit like Shen Mue 1 + 2 but the Witcher works. Open World RPG, Shen Mue detail with Street Fighter story, lore and characters.
Combat would be a mix between Street Fighter EX/ Shen Mue/ Bouncer and Tekken 7 ( Akuma ) etc add in some Sifu like combat too lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom