• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merge two games to make your dream game

engstra

Pokemon Snap + any big third person RPG like Witcher 3 etc

Would just love a big game where you can go where you want to find hidden biomes to explore and capture creatures on film

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Dead Rising + Final Fight
In other words, a 3D open-world Final Fight game OR a side-scrolling Dead Rising game.
These two series already share many similarities. Taking on multiple enemies at a time, using objects lying around as weapons, crazy-ass bosses, the double lariat...

Super DR3 is the closest thing I got to an open-world Final Fight. Now give me the 2D Dead Rising.

Perrott

DriveClub + Grand Theft Auto (resulting in the first open-world action game that doesn't control like shit when driving)

On a side note, I'd kill for an Age of Empires game to be set within a gigantic open-world medieval setting, but I have no idea which two games I would have to merge in order to achieve that lol

Pantz

God of War (2018) x Dead or Alive Xtreme
You want Kratos in a speedo huh
Sure he could. I imagine it like, you play as Kasumi or whoever you choose and go on important missions fighting stuff while wearing a bikini with 10/10 graphics and combat. But, there's also lots of fun relaxing stuff to do like playing on the beach and posing for the camera on the log boat rides.

iorek21

Mass Effect + Assassins Creed

Sci fi AC set in the Citadel, Illium and other urban centers.

Persona + Bully + Harry Potter

Pretty self explanatory, a HP game with the freedom of Bully and the narrative and time management of Persona.

Devil May Cry + Bayoneta
Anarchy Reign + Urban Reign
Split Second + Disaster Report
Senran Kagura + Sengoku Basara
Yakuza + Shenmue
Streets of Rage + God Hand
Sonic/Shadow + Burnout

Etc, etc...

marjo

Portal 2 + Any Zachtronic.

I love the world, writing, humour of Portal 2. I love optimization puzzles as found in Zachtronic games.

bit_blaster

Neo Member
Wind Waker (Sailing + undersea world + traditional dungeons/bosses + more items + Ganondorf) + BOTW (massive world that isn't just ocean + horses + freedom + customization)

TidusYuna

Twisted Metal 2 + Vigilante 8 second offense

Not a vs game, just always preferred the physics of Vigilante 8 but the lore of Twisted Metal.

intbal

WsyeDvM.jpg

Zannegan

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts + Titanfall

I want to be able to put together my own physics-based contraptions then call them in as custom killstreak rewards (cost determined by block use).

Realistically, it would mean fighting a bunch of 12-year-olds driving dickbots 80% of the time, but every now and then you'd come across an Ultron or something that would make it all worth it.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

Not really a dream game but prey and modern far cry. Not like sci fi but far cry needs to be an immersive sim, the themepark sandbox gets old.

Athreous

Resident Evil with The Last of Us 2 gameplay
FFXIV with any good action mmo ganmeplay
Chrono Cross + Final Fantasy VIIR

jigglet

Banned
Actually I have a new one:

Red Alert's music, art and gameplay systems, with Supreme Commander's epic sized armies and macro-level gameplay.

Sweet mother of god I'd give anything for that game.

Shmunter

I think a bit of Death Stranding traversal in other open worlds.

Revisiting the recent 60fps update to Horizon Zero Dawn makes me wish for more involved climbing, descent, etc. Instead of the switch off, push up on the stick design.

Top Bottom