• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
lol Dragon Man is a legend, his museum/armory is absolutely insane.

I just want one of those old military caps and a MAC-11 from there.

inb4 NOOOO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ONLY LIKE GERMAN GUNS!
lol Germany does make some good guns for being so hostile to gun exports.

SMGs from that era are super cool: MAC-10, MP5, Uzi, Beretta Model 12.

Really the whole history in design/engineering of guns from WWI to present absolutely fascinates me. So much of what we have today is just a refinement of 150+ year old technology.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
It is a shame we haven't made better killing weapons since then. :(
Without dragging out my soap box it always frustrates me when I hear people say "when I was younger we didn't have this problem because the guns weren't as dangerous" or "I'm a firm supporter of the second amendment but these new weapons are too dangerous for civilians". Incredibly uninformed positions. Most guns today are just refinements on incredibly old designs and machine guns/suppressors were cheap and widely available to civilians prior to the legislation passed in the 60s and 80s. There are more restrictions on guns today than there were then. If someone wants to solve gun violence then perhaps they should ask the question "what changed with people's mental health" vs "what minor advances in gun ergonomics should we pass legislation on today".

O-N-E

Tesseract Tesseract 's wild ride.

image.png

You ❤ to see it.

Been playing Dusk and you know the real problem with old school shooters? Auto-saves! It feels like too often going retro means making every element retro so because I forgot to quick save or had no idea the next section was going to kill me I'm back at the start of a complex maze-like turbofuck level from Hell? Frustrating.

I'll expand... I'm on this level that's just a massive pain, all sorts of dumb traps and spikes and shit and I finally reach what ought to be the end, flip a switch and the game informs me "the hatch has opened" I'm like WHAT FUCKING HATCH. Proceed to search the entire level, I've looked about everywhere so I keep going further BACKWARDS through the level until I hit the wrong button, end up in some rotating spike shits and die... oh no... level resets to beginning... just why.

Last edited:
Thanks DUSK... I'm running a level completely perfect up to the boss, I've got it so my health is above 100 for the boss fight, but the boss is in the middle of these platforms in space. So I go enter the boss battle and hit the jump button too late... dead... start over. Why did I rarely finish video games as a kid? Ah, I remember!

Anyway, here's last night's run I was complaining about prior...

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine playing a game that repeats itself 20 times because the protagonists are somehow dumber than the average glue sniffer.

sFkwOSOu_400x400.jpeg

Thanks DUSK... I'm running a level completely perfect up to the boss, I've got it so my health is above 100 for the boss fight, but the boss is in the middle of these platforms in space. So I go enter the boss battle and hit the jump button too late... dead... start over. Why did I rarely finish video games as a kid? Ah, I remember!

Anyway, here's last night's run I was complaining about prior...

DUSK is so fucking good, man. I love it.

Have you by any chance checked out Prodeus yet? I'd put it up there with other recent revivals as one of the best. It's like Brutal Doom.

Amid Evil, DUSK, Ion Fury, Project Warlock, ULTRAKILL...

FPS is in a good place on PC right now.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Please promise you keep stalking me, how cool is it when users I have never seen know all about me and my posts.
I didn't want to derail the other thread so I brought this here.

Yeah, brap brap & I should tone down the feetness a bit.
^

You've replied to me plenty of times before and even used to post on META (here btw) until brap (of all people) BTFO you before. You don't know me though! Even though I have a videogame avatar and you call me a weeb over a Japanese fighting game part I didn't like. Now you are calling me a stalker for remembering what you wrote on a community thread I post in? LMAO.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
One of the least interesting arguments is "my SF can beat up your SF". They're all fun. Literally all of them except the first one, so lets drop this bullshit every time there is a SF thread.
That's true but it is ultimately a subjective opinion. Opinion! But when you pretend you have alzheimer's/start saying stupid shit you only look like an ass. Unless you have alzheimer's and you have already forgot what we just spoke about then forget about it.
Because you have a shitty anime avatar, weeb.
It is a videogame character drawing, not that you'd know the difference guy named after some old whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom