• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My energy when some bitch called me up today, which I am off on vacation, to ask me to go into our data center for something since I live nearby

g19UAJ4.jpg

Me, while stifling a laugh: "No I am not heading in, I also need to go, talk to you Monday!"

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
My energy when some bitch called me up today, which I am off on vacation, to ask me to go into our data center for something since I live nearby

g19UAJ4.jpg

Me, while stifling a laugh: "No I am not heading in, I also need to go, talk to you Monday!"
if you painted his face a darker shade imagine all the shit it would stir. the nails, cornrows, and hoop earrings are fine tho.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Who's asomongold? Somebody important? I can't keep up. I barely know who Jim Ryan is and this board and 5 threads per day on him.
I think he was one of the more popular WoW streamers, then he quit WoW for FFXIV and caused an uproar (and got himself more well known in the process). I think WoW players are generally leaving the game, and a lot of them are starting FFXIV, so he kinda caught a wave.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin

g19UAJ4.jpg

*Context: I have medical accommodations at work*
New boss: Hey can you come in early for this *Really dumb shit* for investment firm X; you can work the rest of the day at home at your discretion if so
Me:
R.d918cfef3ca8a75b88b08e0e6943971c

Peggies

Gold Member
People really need to learn to not answer or turn off their phones. There's no longer any personal respect or phone etiquette any more. Your phone is NOT the remote control of you.
I don't even pick up anymore, except it's my Mami (cause she's really cute). Anybody else should learn to text or email for fuck's sake.

Calling people ist rude and useless and so 90's.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sorry to hear that/congratulations (delete as appropriate)
Honesty not even sure how I feel about it. I liked the guy but he was also a piece of shit. I'm mostly worried about the power vacuum this creates and who ultimately steps in to fill that role.

It is a mixed bag and about all I can do is wait to see what happens.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Normal morning routine: drop the infant and toddler off at daycare, come home, shower and get dressed for work. Like clockwork.

Today: get ready for work while getting the kids ready because one has a checkup appointment so there’s no time to break it up. Fucking chaos.

nush

Honesty not even sure how I feel about it. I liked the guy but he was also a piece of shit. I'm mostly worried about the power vacuum this creates and who ultimately steps in to fill that role.

It is a mixed bag and about all I can do is wait to see what happens.
Step into it yourself, assume dominance and they'll give you the job. No seriously, power vacuums are awful but it takes a while for people to realise there is one.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I worked in Ops, was a good role.
Most of my history is in Ops, I just don't want to go back into it. I love my current boss as well. He lets me do whatever I want so long as I delivery on my objectives. Plus, I really think they need an external person to come in and get things straightened out.

Top Bottom