• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

For someone who spends a good part of the day on the phone to clients, I sure fucking hate being the one on the phone to customer services.

I had a dude tell me the address didn't exist, while I was standing in the place. Trying to help my sister with internet. I hung up right before I exploded.

She did get internet, don't remember how but some daft cunt saying the address doesn't exist was amazing considering most of the house had connections with them.

Fuck those external call centres.

nush

Gold Member
She did get internet, don't remember how but some daft cunt saying the address doesn't exist was amazing considering most of the house had connections with them.
computer-says-no-no.gif

Tschumi

I played vanilla, quit at Un' Goro though. Fuckers would stalk me and kill the ape once I cleared out the den.

Went back for TBC. They nerfed vanilla by WOTLK was so easy to level so I had multiple chars. Vanilla though was a total bastard. Still went on to play WOTLK on a private server, if anyone wants that account just PM me, need to remember the name. Pimped out Mage on it, not sure what the traffic is these days though. Not logged on in years. They probably have all the expansions by now.
I love me some Vanilla WoW. I have played on these servers for half a decade now, they just released their first fresh one since Classic came out.. I've got like 5 60s on ally side but this time i decided I'd finally - first time ever - make a 60 horde, and I've rolled a warrior... Not the best class for levelling but a tank is the last thing I've yet to raid with.. anyway, there's something about a fresh vanilla server that really gets under my skin - i suppose it's this obsession with this character being the best I've ever made (which means 300 profs, cooking, fishing and first aid at as low a level as possible then going engineer for end game) - but yeah, I'm not happy to give up that much of my life this time.

Fuck it, it's addictive *shudder* it and aoe4 are why i haven't been posting much here the last few days lol

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I love me some Vanilla WoW. I have played on these servers for half a decade now, they just released their first fresh one since Classic came out.. I've got like 5 60s on ally side but this time i decided I'd finally - first time ever - make a 60 horde, and I've rolled a warrior... Not the best class for levelling but a tank is the last thing I've yet to raid with.. anyway, there's something about a fresh vanilla server that really gets under my skin - i suppose it's this obsession with this character being the best I've ever made (which means 300 profs, cooking, fishing and first aid at as low a level as possible then going engineer for end game) - but yeah, I'm not happy to give up that much of my life this time.

Fuck it, it's addictive *shudder* it and aoe4 are why i haven't been posting much here the last few days lol

2021, no one cares.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Finally found out the return to office plan. Starting in Jan I have to be in office 8 days per month. Travel days will count toward the total. Not bad. I’d still prefer to be 100% at home and I might push for this but 8 days isn’t so bad.

nush

Gold Member
Finally found out the return to office plan. Starting in Jan I have to be in office 8 days per month. Travel days will count toward the total. Not bad. I’d still prefer to be 100% at home and I might push for this but 8 days isn’t so bad.
How would they even track the 8 days over a month?

Star-Lord

Re-tile the bathroom or kitchen.

New carpets.

Even that new work-top in the shed!

You can do it, I believe in you.
See, I did all that while on furlough. And then, after pumping time and money into the place, I get evicted and now live in a cottage out in the sticks. Thankfully, this one has only recently been decorated, so no need to do all that again.

Ionian

See, I did all that while on furlough. And then, after pumping time and money into the place, I get evicted and now live in a cottage out in the sticks. Thankfully, this one has only recently been decorated, so no need to do all that again.

My family and extended family are country. Apart from us kids, all born in the city; still know the country though. Fuck knows, saw enough growing up.

Saw people die and born.

Hang in there bro, seriously. You're important even if you think you are not. See even a gobshite on the internet cares ;)

You gotta be worth something if some random poster is worried.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Tell me you didn't do all that for a rental.
I’d loved there ten years of my life, and got along brilliantly with the landlord. The only reason the tenancy came to an abrupt end was COVID making it harder for tenants to pay landlords and landlords to keep the properties on the market. I’d love to say I could easily afford a mortgage, but I squandered my money away in my youth, so, for the meantime, renting is all I can do. Unless anyone has a spare £250K they can lend me.

I believe in your ability to accrue enough funds for a deposit. I could do it as a moronic 20-something (now moronic 30-something) and that was with a shit job and barely scraping by.

I know it's a different proposition whilst renting, but just tucking away a little here and there really helped me. (sorry if this comes off as overbearing or whatnot just know that getting on the property ladder is a pain in the arse)

Last edited:

Star-Lord

I believe in your ability to accrue enough funds for a deposit. I could do it as a moronic 20-something (now moronic 30-something)
I’m saving like the dickens, or at least trying to. By the time my rent comes out, along with my utilities, I’m left with a sliver, in which a % of that goes towards groceries and everyday living costs. By the time all that gets paid, I’m left with about £150-£200 a month, depending on my commission for that month. It will take a while, but I’ll get there.

I’m saving like the dickens, or at least trying to. By the time my rent comes out, along with my utilities, I’m left with a sliver, in which a % of that goes towards groceries and everyday living costs. By the time all that gets paid, I’m left with about £150-£200 a month, depending on my commission for that month. It will take a while, but I’ll get there.
Do what all my friends did and move to the North, so you can have no earnings potential but a swanky 4 bed detached!

Edit: Well, earnings potential based on whatever sector you work. Let's just say a lot of my friends didn't exactly scream "skilled employee"

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Do what all my friends did and move to the North, so you can have no earnings potential but a swanky 4 bed detached!

Edit: Well, earnings potential based on whatever sector you work. Let's just say a lot of my friends didn't exactly scream "skilled employee"

My friend moved up north, if you have an online business you're onto a winner. She's making mad bucks as a camgirl. When I get back to the UK I'll probably start another Amazon FBA, Ebay business.

Star-Lord

got-the-north-remembers.gif

On a serious note, I’ve always considered moving back up north, but my heart is set down here now. I did study at LJMU for three years, so spent a great deal of time up there, and I know property there is cheaper than down here, but I’ve lived here just over ten years now. I can’t turn my back on it.

got-the-north-remembers.gif

On a serious note, I’ve always considered moving back up north, but my heart is set down here now. I did study at LJMU for three years, so spent a great deal of time up there, and I know property there is cheaper than down here, but I’ve lived here just over ten years now. I can’t turn my back on it.
Hell yeah, the South is where it's at baybeeeee.

Though Essex is a hive of scum and villainy and stupidly expensive housing.

My friend moved up north, if you have an online business you're onto a winner. She's making mad bucks as a camgirl. When I get back to the UK I'll probably start another Amazon FBA, Ebay business.
Funny you mention that, our business model actually moved to a more FBA/eBay model and it proved a winner over lockdown.

Star-Lord

Funnily enough, I know a couple of camgirls and they make money hand over first. I’m considering setting up an OnlyFans. There’s a market to watch middle-aged, fat, bald men masturbate, surely?

Hell yeah, the South is where it's at baybeeeee.

Though Essex is a hive of scum and villainy and stupidly expensive housing.

I ain’t ever been near Essex, and have no intention to. The dream is to move to either.m Bristol or Cornwall. That’s the ultimate goal.

Funnily enough, I know a couple of camgirls and they make money hand over first. I’m considering setting up an OnlyFans. There’s a market to watch middle-aged, fat, bald men masturbate, surely?

I ain’t ever been near Essex, and have no intention to. The dream is to move to either.m Bristol or Cornwall. That’s the ultimate goal.
Bristol is wonderful. Got some friends down there and I've had a great time every time I go.

nush

Gold Member
Funny you mention that, our business model actually moved to a more FBA/eBay model and it proved a winner over lockdown.

It's so straightforward once you've got everything setup. I got a job that was to sell via FBA and all other marketplaces because "I was good with the internet". I'd have made even more except the fuckwit company owner didn't control where his stock was going and we were being undersold by $10 with our own product be resellers. "I told them they were not allowed to sell on Amazon" He said when I pointed this out, his wholesalers probably were not but the people they sold them too were.

Plus he had his wife with a separate account selling the same stuff just so she was "Employed" to get a green card. It was a total mess of his own making and then he said "Next year I want you to make as many sales in Europe as you do in did in the US". Another person that thought Europe was just the same as the US not realizing how fractured it is in reality.

Anyway, I bailed out of that job as I'd found one that paid me double without needing commission.

Ionian

Have family is Essex.

Worst experience was seeing Faith No More in London. Open sewerage, a taxi cab doing circles to rack up charges when off my head on acid.

Walked in, walked out. Entry charge too. Thought the bouncer was going to beat the head off me.

They just kept asking why I left. Told them I thought it was a brothel, fuck London and the cab drivers. Cost me a fortune.

nush

Gold Member
Have family is Essex.

Worst experience was seeing Faith No More in London. Open sewerage, a taxi cab doing circles to rack up charges when off my head on acid.

Walked in, walked out. Entry charge too. Thought the bouncer was going to beat the head off me.

They just kept asking why I left. Told them I thought it was a brothel, fuck London and the cab drivers. Cost me a fortune.

This takes some parsing. The missing sentence is he went to Soho.

Ionian

This takes some parsing. The missing sentence is he went to Soho.

Faith no More is a metal band, Travelled to London to see them.

Took acid, some stupid cunt where I lived was ordering drugs off the dark-web but I intercepted them, Evicted her, a massive mess that eviction. I won though.

Went to London for a band I liked, took the drugs she had ordered. Tripped my balls off. Had pics of Jimi Hendrix on the tabs.

Great gig, can't say I remember much about it though. I was wired.

Went back to the hotel with my brother, thought a brilliant idea was a brothel. Taxi cab drove in circles while we tripped balls, he pointed it out. (brother).

We walked in, paid and walked out. Entry fee. Rang my bank immediately and cancelled my card. Was just a strip-bar, fuck that shit. Have worked in London, fuck that place. (for me, the people were awesome). Salt of the earth aprt from the taxi driver, fuck him. Even paid him in Euros. He said no, I told him it was that or nothing. A terrible night, I nearly ended up murdered. Bouncers circled me, then cars after.

Was that album. Fitting.

Last edited:

Ionian

Expectations
maxresdefault.jpg

VS Reality

3oPEqHV.jpg

So fucking true. Oh to be in Spain again.

(Love the sign though) I went to look at a house when I was younger, some dude asked if I knew what it was before when waiting outside as it was an auction. Told him it was a brothel, police kept shutting it down, was over my GP and constantly in the papers.

Didn't take my offer, had to call into the agent and them secretly open an envelope. I was so close to telling them to fuck off after wasting my time. Think the dude bought it too.

nush

Gold Member
So fucking true. Oh to be in Spain again.

(Love the sign though) I went to look at a house when I was younger, some dude asked if I knew what it was before when waiting outside as it was an auction. Told him it was a brothel, police kept shutting it down, was over my GP and constantly in the papers.

Didn't take my offer, had to call into the agent and them secretly open an envelope. I was so close to telling them to fuck off after wasting my time. Think the dude bought it too.

There's so many places here in China that I knew used to be brothels, new owners probably have no idea. One place got renovated into trendy apartments for young professionals, if only they knew how much fucking went on in their premium priced apartment just a few years earlier :messenger_tears_of_joy: .

Ionian

There's so many places here in China that I knew used to be brothels, new owners probably have no idea. One place got renovated into trendy apartments for young professionals, if only they knew how much fucking went on in their premium priced apartment just a few years earlier :messenger_tears_of_joy: .

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

Did have a ghost snore in my ear on a family holiday in bloody Kerry, Conemara. The site of burial graves that left for the first male born for America during the famine.

It just snored, was really annoying. Graves were marked outside though, think it was a launching point.

Also had a Dolphin, was big news this year as it stopped appearing. Well I got to touch it as a kid. Poor dolphin simply went away, was called 'Funghi'. I think the story is he got lost, was there for decades. nah he's dead.

EDIT: Dolphin was the same county.

Last edited:

BigBooper

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

Did have a ghost snore in my ear on a family holiday in bloody Kerry, Conemara. The site of burial graves that left for the first male born for America during the famine.

It just snored, was really annoying. Graves were marked outside though, think it was a launching point.

Also had a Dolphin, was big news this year as it stopped appearing. Well I got to touch it as a kid. Poor dolphin simply went away, was called 'Funghi'. I think the story is he got lost, was there for decades. nah he's dead.

EDIT: Dolphin was the same county.
How many intercepted drug shipments have you taken?

Tschumi

Japanese buddy driving me, i notice he's trying to show me that he listens to English music by playing that dj khaled/justin beiber song (??) And others So i reciprocate and show him madvillian.. then quickly realise it's entirely lost on him.

Such a bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom