• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 4 forrest environment teaser

Švejk

See, this does nothing to invoke Metroid feels.. To me it's always been about subterranian, claustrophobic, inhabitable environments... This is Turok tier environment shit.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Chris Farley Crypto GIF by Chubbiverse

Alebrije

See, this does nothing to invoke Metroid feels.. To me it's always been about subterranian, claustrophobic, inhabitable environments... This is Turok tier environment shit.
It's just a part of the game but also MP 1 had tons of Open áreas like Phendrata Drifts.

We have seen nothing, lets wait. My Bet is that forest área has caves... personally I prefer that enviroment than Phendrata Drifts because gives more chance to hide stuff on secret areas.

Švejk

It's just a part of the game but also MP 1 had tons of Open áreas like Phendrata Drifts.

We have seen nothing, lets wait. My Bet is that forest área has caves... personally I prefer that enviroment than Phendrata Drifts because gives more chance to hide stuff on secret areas.
I really do hope they bring the deepness. Want to feel stuck in the bowels of the planet.

That sounded less gross in my head. lol

Quezacolt

With how long MP4 was in development it might for the best to not try anything radically new, after all the last Prime (MP3) was released 17 years ago and the formula is still kinda fresh to most players.
But after MP4 maybe its time to let the Prime series lay down and start with something completely new like proper space exploration and semi open world planets, dunno something like that.
Pls, enough with open world. Even if its semi open world, not every game needs to become that

tr1p1ex

It doesn't evoke any feels. It looks like smoke&mirrors a graphics artist could whip up in an evening from Nintendo's asset library.

Nintendo giving up trying to put out competent hardware is the worst timeline.
Kiddies who were not around for the absolute hype that was NES-GC need not reply.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I can’t tell whether it looks better or worse than Halo 3’s opening level.
For starter, materials quality and lighting are just a gen above lol, and this is not a joke or hyperbole lol, it's literally using material rendering pipeline that was developed for 8th gen consoles and it's literally the most notable and important thing that separates 7th and 8th gen consoles graphically (PBR)

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
My biggest problem with the trailer was the emphasis on encounters

The whole thing about Prime that made it wonderful was the mysterious, solitary quality

A few space pirates is fine as the game goes on, but I hope that there are long stretches of simply trying to survive in the alien world amongst the ruins of old tech, and that the space pirate bit stays secondary

mcjmetroid

For the drive by posts complaining about graphics.. what exactly do you want at this point? For them just not to release games at all because they're always graphically inferior due to the worse hardware?

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
My biggest problem with the trailer was the emphasis on encounters

The whole thing about Prime that made it wonderful was the mysterious, solitary quality

A few space pirates is fine as the game goes on, but I hope that there are long stretches of simply trying to survive in the alien world amongst the ruins of old tech, and that the space pirate bit stays secondary

That's my biggest concern, though I'm guessing it's primarily just the focal point of the trailers because it shows well. Even Nintendo probably knows that, after this much time, nobody wants Metroid Prime to turn into an also-ran FPS.

I think the visuals are fine. They don't need to be cutting edge from a technical standpoint - it looks good as is and it's going to be down to the environments, more than anything, to sell it. For the same reason that I still enjoy looking at Metroid Prime 1's visuals today, the presentation here gets the job done.

Top Bottom