• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Metroid Prime 4 has big, massive areas to explore, visually unbelievable

Stafford

I know he's a bit frowned upon here, but hasn't he given us correct leaks before? I recall that he gave some legit info last year. Either way...

So according to Nick from Xbox Era:

“In addition to the game looking “visually unbelieveable”, said source also claims that Metroid Prime 4 will also feature “big, massive” areas. Baker says that though he doesn’t believe the game is going to be open world, it will have significantly larger areas than previous titles in the series. According to Baker, the person seeing the game in action apparently said that the size of the environments reminded them of Halo Infinite’s “big and open” environments- though Halo Infinite really was open world, of course.”

GermanZepp

"Visually unbelievable"
nPJErlk.gif

Sleepwalker

"Visually unbelievably blurry" probably.

I hope this is a switch 2 game, retro are a hell of a studio and I would like them to have as much power available as possible.

Telasoo

Neo Member
I mean it will probably run a week before its released, but a year later with some performance stuff done by Yuzu, and some modding it will look incredible.

Basically how crazy botw can be now.

> "Visually unbelievable"
> "Like Halo Infinite"

Justin Timberlake What GIF

I know he's talking about the scope/open ended level design ala Halo Infinite and not visuals in this context, but couldn't resist posting the gif. Sorry, Lmaooooo

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I only see the "visually unbelieveable" part as being accurate if this game has been internally moved to the rumored Switch 2 console.

Tg89

It's probably a Switch 2 title at this point so makes sense.

Retro were also wizards with the Prime series. 1 in particular is one of the most impressive games from that gen and visuals encompass more than just raw power, artistic style can't be discounted - Prime Remastered STILL looks absolutely beautiful.

Astral Dog

Fake
Having more open areas than past games is a given, "visually unbelievable" is bullshit unless they mean unbelievably bad

i think its gonna look ok, but Switch 6 60fps has its limits

Last edited:

Stafford

I know people are laughing here and there but didn't Nick give info on some Fortnite characters in advance? He spoke with certainty of Indiana Jones Xbox exclusivity. Of course that could very well still have been a guess, who knows. Ubisoft partnership apparently from what I'm reading and Neon White on Xbox. I believe there's more.

We'll see. I truly hope it's made with the new system in mind, not with this dinosaur ass hardware.

Astral Dog

It's probably a Switch 2 title at this point so makes sense.

Retro were also wizards with the Prime series. 1 in particular is one of the most impressive games from that gen and visuals encompass more than just raw power, artistic style can't be discounted - Prime Remastered STILL looks absolutely beautiful.
Nintendo is more the type of company that would release Metroid Prime 4 cross gen if it was far in development

Robb

Gold Member
I truly hope it's made with the new system in mind, not with this dinosaur ass hardware.
Feels very likely it’ll be cross-gen. I doubt they’ll scrap the Switch version (and the game has been in development for Switch for the past 4 years), so while it’ll look better on the next system it’ll still be held back by the Switch. That ship sailed long ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom