• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Metroid Prime 4 has big, massive areas to explore, visually unbelievable

Visually unbelievable, bc of 720p?
charlton heston laughing GIF

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I just hope it's not designed with the current switch in mind. Put that old timer to bed for AAA exclusives.
Probably next switch version, but no way it’s not cross platform. It’s being designed with switch 1 in mind so it’s probably going to suffer some

RAIDEN1

"Visually unbelievable" this isn't 2001 you know, when Nintendo was still in the horsepower race....not as if the game will be running on Unreal Engine 7 or something

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Visually unbelievable in comparison to Wii U/Switch level games maybe. This is an audience that’s strictly used to cartoon visuals.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
They look worse than many PS3 games. Especially Xenoblade in its glorious 360p
the fact that you need to use an extremely rare worst-case scenario for xb2 demonstrates that you haven't really looked at the game, xb2 runs at 720p docked and generally 544p in portable, relying on edge cases means the best ps3 games looks like this

neuebitmap12khsqf.png

or this

uncharted

or should we be honest and go by typical scenarios?

MagnesD3

I mean it really should be huge areas, MP4 needs to push the Prime series forward in a big interesting way.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'm so excited to see it, and I hope if he heard about it, it means that the reveal will happen this year.

Metroid Prime Remastered looked amazing, ran at locked 60fps, and I'm sure they can suppress it with MP4. I just hope they find something innovative with the gameplay to make it fresh.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I really doubt they will ignore Switch's install base tbh.
I don't know: either they try to use it to push sales of a new machine, or the game turned out so expensive, after having to start over, that they need to release it on the huge install base.

> "Visually unbelievable"
> "Like Halo Infinite"

Justin Timberlake What GIF

I know he's talking about the scope/open ended level design ala Halo Infinite and not visuals in this context, but couldn't resist posting the gif. Sorry, Lmaooooo
If a trailer came out and it looked anywhere close to something like Halo Infinite, even the pre-release screenshots of Infinite, I would technically find that to be visually unbelievable for the Switch. As a matter of fact, I would 100% believe at that point in time that the game was meant for the successor console.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Expectations are rising. That ain't good for Nintendo. But they have themselves to blame for being so quiet..

JimboJones

Metroid Prime Remastered looked incredible, it would be great if they could get to that level of fidelity with huge open areas but I can't imagine them pulling that off on Switch hardware unless they run at 30fps maybe.

Boy bawang

Reveal in September, I'm guessing. It's all they got left as Mario 3D is probably for the next generation. There's also Dorky Kong, maybe.

Doom85

I think this has moved on to a Switch 2 exclusive title, close to launch

I think it’ll be their cross-gen title like Twilight Princess or BOTW, but yeah a Switch 2 exclusive is the next most likely scenario. Highly doubt this is coming to Switch 1 only on release.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Make it exclusive to Switch 2. I’d be there day 1 regardless but I’ll be EXTRA there if Metroid is a launch title

"visually unbelievable"

gamers have lowered their standards big time and you can't tell me different lol

it's like we have amnesia or something. or we got all hipster and ironic jank or rough around the edges = good.

mystech

I'd honestly prefer they release it on Switch 2 at this point. I'd rather see what Metroid prime can be on more modern hardware. If the Switch 2 really does have DLSS, we could actually get a Nintendo system with good graphics...

ByWatterson

RUMOR: I've heard from my sources that an upcoming game will be good and also come out. Can't confirm yet, but several leaks are pointing in that direction.

I think it’ll be their cross-gen title like Twilight Princess or BOTW, but yeah a Switch 2 exclusive is the next most likely scenario. Highly doubt this is coming to Switch 1 only on release.

I think that they will have some cross gen games, but also a standout exclusive that shows off the new hardware. Metroid seems a likely candidate. I also think we'll get a Mario, but that may be Cross Gen

Kataploom

Gold Member
Visually unbelievable ... because it looks unbelievably bad for a 2023 game thanks to 2008 level hardware?
Visually unbelievable for a nintendo console, maybe.
Will probably look like an indie game compared to ps5 or Xbox.

We'll see.
Fake
Having more open areas than past games is a given, "visually unbelievable" is bullshit unless they mean unbelievably bad

i think its gonna look ok, but Switch @60fps has its limits
It didn't have to be realistic to look good, to me Xenoblade 3 looks way better than anything Sony or any other dev has put on PS5, no contender at all, and I'm mainly a PC player.

It happens that I don't feel shit with most western AAA art directions, they fill nothing in me and honestly Prime Remaster looked just like any PS4 so even technically they take the most out of the hardware with Nintendo's amazing art.

Top Bottom