• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Remastered |OT| Once More Through Tallon IV

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
BE STILL MY HEART

Hawt.
$40, LOL.
The same people who dragged The Last of Us Part I are going to masturbate to this.
They didn't remake anything. They up-res'd a 20 year old title and are charging $40 for it.
I wonder if these & others were self reported to delete & spare them and those who reacted positively like J jaysius the embarassment. After you say something like this, or nod in agreement, you open yourself to everyone having to double check/confirm even if you say good morning, or night.
No doubt Nintendo will look to charge full price for it too
We know the price already so from now on when you happen to have no doubts about anything again, you should doubt yourself. Another one rushing to comment before even seeing the info and media I suppose. And yes, of course the price won't be good enough for you anyway, no surprise 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
If this was any other corp, it would be slagged off for a cheap remake and lazy no to included all 3 games .
No doubt Nintendo will look to charge full price for it too

Warriors will warrior. I gladly bought the Halo Remake on 360, the Medievil remake on PS4, and I gladly will buy this when physical comes.

People cry "lazy" becuase they don't bother to actually look into things and use their brains.

BTDubs, since it is clear you didn't actually look into *anything* and are talking out your ass. It is $40.00.

Last edited:

OCASM

Banned
Looks like a good 360 game. After 20 years I would have hope they'd reach the level of the pre-rendered trailer for the original.

TKjx7Oa.jpg

6HXWKAU.jpg

Oh well.

EDIT: The US ad is a good target too:

Last edited:
We know the price already so from now on when you happen to have no doubts about anything again, you should doubt yourself. Another one rushing to comment before even seeing the info and media I suppose. And yes, of course the price won't be good enough for you anyway, no surprise🤦‍♂️
Not cheap and only digital. If this was any other corp it be slagged off for that too.

Alexios

Not cheap and only digital. If this was any other corp it be slagged off for that too.
More info you missed by rushing to comment, it will be physical in less than a month and yes I already said it won't be good enough for you, you didn't have to explicitly confirm it, this won't be either, lol. Keep digging. What does the price of a game you don't even want matter to your lot? Sheesh.

Looks kind of amazing, is there any word out about resolution? Will it run in full HD docked?
One of the comparisons (as quoted in the 1st post on the page, before more posts get deleted by mods at least, they're working overtime for the trolls) said 900p (same as Dread which is just side scrolling, nice). We'll see I guess, if someone will say if it's dynamic and can go over/under or not 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

I'm glad they including the wii motion controls for the game, I really enjoyed playing with the Wiimote at Metroid Prime 3, it was so immersive.

However I'm extremely disappointed that's not the whole trilogy. In fact, it deeply sucks.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nintendo fans will lap it up, the ones online of coruse...
Hope you said the same about Demon Souls, Dead Space, RE4 and TLOU remakes.

BTW, the ones that have actually played are mindblown by how improved and crisp this game is... I'm curious to try it on my TV but have to wait the paycheck... Currently playing A Plague Tale Requiem and will finish extra chapter of Persona 5 Royal after it so the hype is not gonna win me... or so I hope lol

Alexios

Looks good and price is fair but honestly Nintendo is so lazy these days. Gives us new games.
I mean, we got the excellent Metroid Dread and Prime 4 is hopefully still a thing so, how much more new Metroid should/could they do?

Last edited:

Neolombax

Me too, was just waiting for proper controllers and they delivered, everything else is just a cool bonus 😎
I remember watching this getting reviewed on Extended Play (or was it Xplay, cant remember) thinking man this game looks amazing, wished I had a Gamecube back then.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks like a good 360 game. After 20 years I would have hope they'd reach the level of the pre-rendered trailer for the original.

TKjx7Oa.jpg

6HXWKAU.jpg

Oh well.

EDIT: The US ad is a good target too:

Well, pretty incredibly Nintendo has only made one generational leap in terms of processing power in those 20 years (Wii -> Wii U).

This does look significantly better than the original, but it's firmly in PS360 territory (because the Switch is).

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Works on PC, but Idk if it's emulation issue, but the game has the worst color binding issues I've ever seen, other games are fine. It looks like contrast was tuner up to 200%, causing color binding and there's no way to control brightness in the game. Why there's not Brightness options in video settings?

GymWolf

Prime 1 was one of my favourite games on gc but i'm not gonna buy any lazy nintendo remaster at full price, maybe when it's gonna be 20 euros or lower.

Kikorin

Someone checked the credits to see if it has been developed by Retro Studios? Just curious, since I think I'll buy it physical in March.

Are there sensitivity options for the “pointer” control scheme? I’ve seen videos showing them in action but the dead zone look atrocious (like the slowest setting in the Wii version).

The high (advanced) sensitivity on the Wii version was godlike; if they don’t have it in this then the control scheme is pointless (both metaphorically and literally since it doesn’t actually use a IR pointer).

Regardless $40 is a bit too much for me, I think I’ll wait and use some GameStop credit on the physical version if I even get it.

Alexios

The high (advanced) sensitivity on the Wii version was godlike;
Eh, it was still pretty slow to turn, high should have been low and go from there. Red Steel 2 and the COD games and that GoldenEye thing (much like COD) alongside Conduit (but that game suqed anyway) had much better sensitivity settings. But it's hardly a twitch shooter so it all works really.

Last edited:

SCB3

dammit this is dumb but this is good, my GameCube and Wii don’t output to HDMI and it’s…good…it looks great…worth $40 but come on give us the trilogy you fucks
Actually thats a good point, with the Mario movie out soon, I'm surprised there is not a Mario game out alongside it, poring or remastering Galaxy 2 would probably be a great shout there

Bragr

Banned
What is going on? the only way you could call this a lazy remaster is because you are trying to trigger people. And all this talk of it looking like a 360 game, I mean, it's the Switch, it's not the PS5, why even come in here arguing about this nonsense?

I thought Neogaf cracked down on plain console warriors going into threads to fuck with people like this? it's even worse in the Zelda and Xbox threads.

This is a thorough remake, with a lot of details and a good deal of options. This must have been in development for a while, I am surprised at how Nintendo shadow-dropped it though, they could have generated some hype around this. I wonder how the old-school design is gonna hold up as you get deeper into the game, it's a game that expects you to be thorough in your exploration in a way most games don't dare.

And the music, man, I had forgotten how good it is. There is still nothing that sounds like this.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Seeing it being compared side by side with the original one makes it clear that a lot of work has been put into this.
Also happy to hear it's solid 60 frames, and it also seems to keep the same atmosphere and vibe as the original, which imo is one of the most important things when it comes to remasters or remakes.

I'm not crazy about remasters but I might give this one a shot in the future if I ever get the itch to play Prime again.

Last edited:
I thought Metroid Dread was tedious and too easy and that is the only metroid i've played. However, I tend to prefer 3D exploration to 2D sidescrolling. Would anyone reccomend this game for me?

Last edited:

Thaedolus

4 was announced 6 years ago and there's nothing to show but a logo. But no, let's direct our resources to do a remaster of a game that was released twice already.

That remaster was absolutely, 100% lazy. Just compare it to Dead Space.
I need some of whatever you’re smokin bruddah, don’t hold out….

…anyway this is a huge step up from something like the Skyward Sword or Mario 3D All Stars ports. And I’m actually playing on my Switch in portable mode and marveling at the battery life when compared to the Steam Deck

Top Bottom