• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean, it's the very next line and he says that he might not agree with it personally but he will bow down to shareholders (and stacks of cash)
The Weeknd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Fabieter

CMA dropped console SLC so it is totally irrelevant.

If anything, those testimonies actually hurt CMA's case, because Jim Ryan and even Stadia guy told judge that they don't consider cloud gaming being separate market. Which is main anchor of CMA's block.

It shows that ms "we give 100s of millions more gamers the ability to get these games" when avb would have done all of them by themselves.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I'm not watching live but is it true that bobby said he is against gamepass?
Think we knew this already as he’d said in submissions that it cannibalises sales and devalues the product.

That being said, the CMA found that they’d always been willing to discuss opportunities internally (regarding subscription models).

So it seems to be that they are against them, but if there was a way of doing it in a way that exceeded their current models’ profitability they would have been open to it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The court has pulled all its exhibits after the Sony redaction mess.

While we listen to Dr. Bailey’s testimony, a storm is unfolding elsewhere in the FTC v. Microsoft case. The court uploaded a document earlier from Sony that included confidential financial information that wasn’t properly redacted. Now all the documents have suddenly disappeared.

It looks like Sony redacted the documents with a pen and when you scan them in it’s easy to see the redactions. Reporters and Sony’s competition will have downloaded all the documents as they were in the public domain, so the damage is done

whelp that pen redaction job has had quick ramifications.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
X amount of players on Gamepass is now a dead narrative and metric for success.

No matter what side of this argument you fall on, the cold stats revealed by Microsoft and then entire consortium of publishers demonstrate that GP player counts, are a clear obfuscation.
I joined the party late today; I got too engrossed into Final Fantasy 16 and lost time of track. Unlocked the 'From Stone to Sand' trophy, and that was ... just epic 🔥

Which "GP metric" are you referring to?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Some litigators are getting the axe.

NickFire

Rule 1 for redactions. If doing them manually, copy the redacted document and submit the copy. Otherwise people can probably read what you redacted.

Three

Yeah why didn't her May analysis include the game released in June? Bailey should stick to Irish Cream!
ABK games isn't a synonym for Diablo 4. Diablo 3 and gen 8 games existed. Dr Lee did that analysis with gen 8 games throughout the gen.

Last edited:

splattered

Anything beyond the one document that was posted on twitter already?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Strange they are bringing up Nvidia when they've since changed their stance after negotiations with Microsoft.

What's FTC's play here?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're saying here. I said that the FTC lawyer is trying to show she didn't do any analysis of other ABK games ie Diablo, overwatch etc. you tried to go to some gotcha as if I mentioned Diablo 4 specifically.
He was trying to show bullshit that was cut off by the judge because analyses have scopes, and IIRC her Sony and Microsoft telemetry data started in October 2022. So anything earlier was outside the scope, as were some of his adjacent questions.

Three

He was trying to show bullshit that was cut off by the judge because analyses have scopes, and IIRC her Sony and Microsoft telemetry data started in October 2022. So anything earlier was outside the scope, as were some of his adjacent questions.
I'm listening live where was he cut off? the only part was when the judge shut bailey up and told her to wait for the next question

NickFire

So Bobby Kotick under oath threw Microsoft under the bus 😂😂😂
Not at all. All he did was testify to common sense stuff (for long time industry overserves).

But I would say say he threw the social media and enthusiast forum astroturfers under the bus. It won't matter by the morning though. Before the sun comes up in the US tomorrow, don't be surprised if you see claims / articles that Bobby's biggest regret was not getting on subs earlier, not porting COD to Switch, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom