• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

With such damning evidence, how was Microsoft arguing with the CMA and others that Cloud is not a separate market? lol.
Not What I Meant GIF by Strays

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yeah pretty much what the CMA thinks aswell, a fast growing market.

"Lead" is the more damning word. Can't hide when daddy confirmed it.

DarkMage619 DarkMage619 - there you go, man. Nadella describing it as "Cloud gaming market." You brought it up multiple times when the CMA defined it like this, but it seems like they were just using the terms that Microsoft themselves have been using.

Warablo

Fiat and Ferrari are competitors. As a transportation device.
pepsi GIF
Which one is which in TV/Cable vs Switch comparison
Yeah man you can totally buy a PS5 and just stream HBO to your brain.
You don't think Smart TV's, Cable companies and consoles are trying to win out your idle time? This is why cable is dying is because other services like Smart TV's and consoles. Everyone wants to be the all-in-one box in multimedia.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Maybe he means if Sony agreed to it
Why would Sony agree to it but? Nadella wants to do it, then he should just do it. It shouldn't depend on Sony doing the same thing.

Besides, he has approved 18 studio acquisitions in the last 5 years and made their games exclusives. What does he think that'll make Sony do? Will Sony make more exclusives now to counter those purchases or fewer exclusives now?

zapper

Will all the documents released in these days be available at the CMA? so far i find the ftc could do a better job with the preliminary injuction but if all this new documentation and testimony were available to the cma i can understand why they did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom