• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft comments on the PlayStation Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member

Fw7LMiSaYAAuQkn

Congrats to you and the teams on the showcase. I know a ton of work goes into these shows and it's fun to get to see what's to come. Nice kickoff to "the show" season.

aTttWd681n_Wf7Qxi5GqoBJvqMKW_6Qlj4PIoSvygJQ.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Marathon being there is odd not gonna lie.

Specially after Sony praised Bungie's GaaS expertise and saying PS universe needs more GaaS.

Phantom Blade on the other hand isn't there.

X-Wing

Specially after Sony praised Bungie's GaaS expertise and saying PS universe needs more GaaS.

Sony always said bungie would remain third party. They kept their promise.
Better than canceling in development versions of games as soon as the studios are acquired, like others did.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
They sound desperate at this point.

Also, don't bitch about them paying for exclusivity, if you're gonna do crap like this.

No, they don’t. And I’m not sure what you’re wailing about.

Their competitor had a showcase that showed off some highly anticipated multiplatform games with ‘coming to PS5’ under each one. It’s sensible marketing to tell your customers that these games are also coming to your console.

This is Not that deep.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

They said bungie was free to proceed, I guess they really meant it.

Maybe ms will give us elder scrolls back? Maybe?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I literally just made this thread and it was deleted. lmao.

But yeah, they should be going all in right now. As long as they deliver June 11.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Phil after the showcase:
Thank God Reaction GIF by Travis

Let's see if they deliver now.

They will deliver on amazing third party game showcases and disappointing AF first party - but will still somehow managed to beat out Sony as Sony showed us mostly trash.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Hopefully your buttons work and you are never more than 45 minutes away from a power outlet.
It's going to be like my Switch, hooked to my TV 99% of the time, and plugged in at the hotel when on the go. I hope I don't get stuck with a lemon either, but when OTG I'll be using an Xbox pad.

Schmick

Wait, Marathon wasn't even locked down as PS5 console exclusive, despite Sony owning the company?

The showcase was even more of a disaster for Sony than I thought then.
Why is this a surprise? Sony have said since the acquisition that Bungie would be a multi platform developer.

bender

What time is it?
It's going to be like my Switch, hooked to my TV 99% of the time, and plugged in at the hotel when on the go. I hope I don't get stuck with a lemon either, but when OTG I'll be using an Xbox pad.

I jumped off the fence after the impressions rolled in but I have a Deck. I'm just going to wait for Deck 2.

Ogbert

Wait, Marathon wasn't even locked down as PS5 console exclusive, despite Sony owning the company?

The showcase was even more of a disaster for Sony than I thought then.
Happy to be corrected, but I think Bungie went out of their way to reiterate that they would publish across all platforms.

Not sure if it’s down to the nature of their games or their struggles over the years with MS and Activision.

Top Bottom