• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox Series X|S - An Excellent Port Of An Ultra-Spec PC Experience | DF

nemiroff

Gold Member
the framerate is not perfect
1627483265-xbouze.jpg

they will have to fixe that

All the world assets are streamed over the Internet, and sometimes the caching for various reasons will cause some dips. This is even mentioned in the very fucking video you carefully combed to find the best place to take a screenshot. Most of these occasional dips can be fixed by a) turning down world detail (like on the S version) b) get better internet

Edit: Well, I was thinking of PC.. Can't turn down the details in the X version.. Lol. But if it the dips bothers anyone, then at worst wait until everyone has updated and installed, the servers have been hammered.

Last edited:

Yams

baaahahahahaha rofl

19 ad 20 fps and delusional fanboys with "VRR" is helping me ...

I been gaming since 80s... 19 to 20 fps is fucking 19.. 20 fps

I was expecting 1440p 30 fps locked...

No one here thinks VRR is going to help with 19-20 fps.

I'm excited about it because it allows for much higher framerates in areas that aren't New York City or London. Most of the flying I do is over the countryside so pushing well above 30 is a huge bonus.

Jaysen

Banned
I have never heard my PS5 make any noise, guess you are unlucky. It doesn't give off as much heat as my Series X either.
I’ve used a few PS5s and they all have fan noise when a game starts, and most had coil whine made worse by high framerates or unlocked framerates. Returnal turns my PS5 into a space heater.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
But yeah to the temp discussion, yes this is the first game which is making XSX kind of toasty...

the_master

I just came here to rant a bit.
The game offers the least next gen experience yet.
Super long loading times, 30fps with no performance option, Menus loading the tiles very slowly, PC menus badly ported to console... I rage quit

Although I want to come back, I want to like the game... Have they spoken of a patch for performance mode maybe?

Genx3

We were talking about it in the official thread - but it seems some of the training missions are bugged. The plane will pull down to the right when its not suppossed to meaning you are having to fight that pull while trying to keep level. It only happens in certain missions.
That's a bug?
I thought it was wind :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Genx3

baaahahahahaha rofl

19 ad 20 fps and delusional fanboys with "VRR" is helping me ...

I been gaming since 80s... 19 to 20 fps is fucking 19.. 20 fps

I was expecting 1440p 30 fps locked...
Not sure what's so funny.
Flight Sim is streaming in the Photogrammetry of the environment while you fly so a lot is going to depend on your internet to server connection...

Last edited:
But the series s does not have any major drops unlike the X.
qSKVFQ2.png

Dont judge based on DF analysis. Every version of Flight simulator drops frame rate in certain areas under certain conditions. I have experienced drops on PC and X and my friend on S.My friend played it on S and he gets drops around New York, London ans france. Game crashed for him 3 times near London Stuttering is very noticeable.

Also Series X runs on 4k witt higher LODs equivalent of PC ultra. Series S is using medium @1080p.

Top Bottom