• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Performance Review Series X vs Series S | IGN feat. NXGamer

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That is honestly the nail on the head.

When people are told their opinions are no good because they don't own the console in question doesn't seem quite right either.
I hope they are paid honestly...

dcmk7

Banned
I hope you apply that to the guy that you replied to who likely doesn't and never will own an xbox yet is posting constantly about xbox's and downplaying them at every chance.
I have an XSX atm and have had every Xbox console with the exception of Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox One and Xbox One S.

So no.. you couldn't be more wrong. Again.

Making random accusations to help you cope is kind of sad.

EDIT: oh shit, not the owner of a Series S. I always forget about that console.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Man the last few pages of this thread. Grow up guys, honestly.

200.gif

Didn't you tell me that Jason Ronald's "same core experience between X and S" meant stuff like 120fps, and not ray tracing...? Well now, once again 120fps is missing from the S, this time in Senua's Sacrifice. What do you have to say about that?

"series s is designed to deliver the same great next-gen experience and features as series x just a reduced rendering resolution."

What is this then?
What does Hellblade have to do with Flight Simulator? You guys bounce between an XSS game having 120fps you complain about the resolution. The game has raytracing you complain it doesn't have 120fps. What part of core experience do you not understand? What part of budget device isn't clear? Developers will choose what graphic options a game will have and the GRAPHICS are the one thing the XSS compromises on. Jason Ronald NEVER said all XSS games would have raytracing did he? Did he say all XSS games would have 120fps modes? You guys keep making up crap.

He said those exact words. It's even captioned in the video.

"..just at a reduced rendering resolution"

No one is saying this. Why not discuss sincerely if you have a problem with his post without all the sarcasm and goalpost moving. MS aren't saints.

Disprove it then? But it seems you would rather resort to going personal? Don't get it.
Yup Flight Simulator is the same game on both the XSS and XSX. The XSS has reduced resolution but I think we can finally agree that it is missing no core gameplay features the XSX has as you inferred. If you were sincere you would be equally as outraged when more expensive consoles fail to hit 4K but you claim sincerity as you invent standards for the least expensive console? You are a comedian.

I have to prove nothing. I am not claiming the XSS is missing core experience features the XSX has. I never invented words from Jason Ronald and I never claimed MS is misleading their customers. You make the accusations you provide the proof.

Holy shit.... perhaps dcmk7 dcmk7 and DarkMage619 DarkMage619 should just leave this thread.
Sorry man liars just fire me up. Flight Simulator is a fantastic game!

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
I have to prove nothing. I
Huh? You didn't answer any of the questions.

And as for not having to prove anything, you kind of do, especially when you're going to accuse people of being liars.

It seems to be a cycle:

You ask people to prove something.

They go ahead and do just that.

You ignore their posts and call then liars for not providing evidence. You've repeated this four times now.

It's pure trolling at this point.

You're not discussing anything sincerely. Being deluded or playing dumb isn't really an excuse either.

And besides all that.. It's actually in the terms of service, that you should be able to substantiate any opinions or accusations.

I never invented words from Jason Ronald.
Tell me how I can both:

invent words from Jason Ronald

provide a video in which Jason Ronald clearly says these 'invented' words.

Last edited:

Fredrik

It's your opinion that you think its best game of the year so far. Fair enough. I'm not going to knock you for it.
I also have this on PC and it's the most next gen looking game but have not yet had a chance to properly sit down and play it. I've taken a few test flights on easy mode 😂
Nice then I’m sorry for blowing all the fuses there lol 👍

I’m just so incredibly impressed by what they’ve done in this game. I live up in nowhere in the northern Sweden, first flight I did was starting at my closest airport and flying toward my city, and to even see that there was any polygons here and not just some blurry Google maps textures blew me away.

I can’t go to Google Maps or Apple Maps and see some 3D city with buildings and stuff here, because on a worldscale we barely even exist, none of the big maps services has bothered do anything but publish blurry satellite images of this place.
But in Flight Sim the city is right there. With polygons, bridges I can fly under, roads cars are driving on, buildings where they’re supposed to be, even my own insignificant house. Might not look perfect but oh my god this is still absolutely amazing 🤩

Then it just grew from there, I started doing tutorials and learning to actually fly and manage the throttle and flaps etc when landing instead of just not go down in an angle where I will crash, and things got interesting fast.

And now I’m just trying to figure out if I should get a flight stick with a stick or yoke. Probably 99% of the planes you fly here have a yoke, so that should feel the most authentic.
But there is a free Top Gun expansion coming!… Would be weird to fly a jet with a steering wheel... On the other hand, anything is better than a controller or mouse and keyboard lol

Amazing game anyway. Even better on PC than XSX but to come this close on a console is to me worth all the praise it’s now receiving. I think instead of focusing on a few screendumps with lacking details from the XSS version people should just watch through the video instead. In the end NX were still absolutely blown away by it, probably the most genuinely impressed I’ve heard him be, rightfully so. Hats off to Asobo! 🎩

MrFunSocks

Banned
Nice then I’m sorry for blowing all the fuses there lol 👍

I’m just so incredibly impressed by what they’ve done in this game. I live up in nowhere in the northern Sweden, first flight I did was starting at my closest airport and flying toward my city, and to even see that there was any polygons here and not just some blurry Google maps textures blew me away.

I can’t go to Google Maps or Apple Maps and see some 3D city with buildings and stuff here, because on a worldscale we barely even exist, none of the big maps services has bothered do anything but publish blurry satellite images of this place.
But in Flight Sim the city is right there. With polygons, bridges I can fly under, roads cars are driving on, buildings where they’re supposed to be, even my own insignificant house. Might not look perfect but oh my god this is still absolutely amazing 🤩

Then it just grew from there, I started doing tutorials and learning to actually fly and manage the throttle and flaps etc when landing instead of just not go down in an angle where I will crash, and things got interesting fast.

And now I’m just trying to figure out if I should get a flight stick with a stick or yoke. Probably 99% of the planes you fly here have a yoke, so that should feel the most authentic.
But there is a free Top Gun expansion coming!… Would be weird to fly a jet with a steering wheel... On the other hand, anything is better than a controller or mouse and keyboard lol

Amazing game anyway. Even better on PC than XSX but to come this close on a console is to me worth all the praise it’s now receiving. I think instead of focusing on a few screendumps with lacking details from the XSS version people should just watch through the video instead. In the end NX were still absolutely blown away by it, probably the most genuinely impressed I’ve heard him be, rightfully so. Hats off to Asobo! 🎩
Yeh but when you land your plane in bumfuck Idaho and you see a blurry texture on one of the trillions of houses and trees in the world, it’s a 2/10 game. It’s a cinematic action adventure open world game where you spend your time walking and driving through streets, isn’t it? I cannot possibly enjoy flying around the entire world recreated in a game with the most realistic graphics to date when at cruising levels just knowing that there is a blurry texture 20 000m below me. I’m not an animal.

GHG

Gold Member
I will continue to push back against people who have don't own and have no idea what they are talking about with regards to XSS. People that make themselves feel better by spreading lies are pretty sad folks indeed. Sorry that positive talk offends you.

I enjoy Flight Simulator quite a bit it runs fantastically on both the XSS and XSX. I do wish it uses less data. How was your experience playing the game on Xbox sir?

Man you're such a time wasting clown.

My experience with the game is documented in the OT since the real release last year (sorry not sorry but I play the game on PC, now even with VR using my quest 2 sometimes, not Xbox):

Read through the OT. That was back when the OT was a place where we would discuss the game itself and every other post in the thread wasn't a sad insecure post referencing the PS5, playstation gamers, gamepass or a sales pitch for hardware.

What's your contribution to that thread been? Oh yes that's right, yet another thread where all you can do is talk about the Series S:

It does look great. $300 machine showing smooth performance. Show me a $300 PC or another similarly priced device that runs this better.

I suppose it comes down to what looks great on the XSS. The price is the biggest feature of the console. It promised next generation games for $300. This game appears to meet that benchmark. It was never sold as a graphical powerhouse nor was it sold as a device with the best visuals. The only way this looks 'bad' is if we put unrealistic standards on the system. Let's see how this game runs on the Steam Deck. That system costs even more.

For some reason the XSS gets held to higher standards than systems that cost more. It is so odd. This is just another example of getting the same experience for less money. You are 100% correct.

You must have missed all the posts of people claiming the X1X was more powerful than the XSS. Some even recommend getting the X1X over the XSS despite it not getting any of the new generation games like Flight Sim for example. It is pretty interesting you call the XSS cheaping out when it has capabilities the best console last generation doesn't have. Again why hold the lower end console to the highest standards? So odd.

All of that in the fucking OT for the best release Xbox (console) has seen since the last Forza Horizon game. That's your contribution to the thread and it's absolute dogshit. Back when the game released on PC all people were discussing was storms to chase, route ideas, flight techniques etc. It was a fun thread to be in and discuss the game. Now? Not so much unfortunately.

I sincerely hope you're getting paid for your activity on this forum because if not it's quite frankly embarrassing.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Being as this is supposed to be about performance, although the thread has turned into some sort of nursery... anyway. In case you have not seen this, these two settings were by default turned off on my Series X, turning them on ramped the graphics level up to 11 - go check out Vegas at night - so check this out and make sure they are both turned on,

hbMov5k.png

Fredrik

Yeh but when you land your plane in bumfuck Idaho and you see a blurry texture on one of the trillions of houses and trees in the world, it’s a 2/10 game. It’s a cinematic action adventure open world game where you spend your time walking and driving through streets, isn’t it? I cannot possibly enjoy flying around the entire world recreated in a game with the most realistic graphics to date when at cruising levels just knowing that there is a blurry texture 20 000m below me. I’m not an animal.
Lol glad my sarcasm meter ain’t malfunctioning 😅

Fredrik

Being as this is supposed to be about performance, although the thread has turned into some sort of nursery... anyway. In case you have not seen this, these two settings were by default turned off on my Series X, turning them on ramped the graphics level up to 11 - go check out Vegas at night - so check this out and make sure they are both turned on,

hbMov5k.png
Yeah it was the same for me. I assume they do it like that to not have people complaining about reaching data cap limits.

dcmk7

Banned
Man you're such a time wasting clown.

My experience with the game is documented in the OT since the real release last year (sorry not sorry but I play the game on PC, now even with VR using my quest 2 sometimes, not Xbox):

Read through the OT. That was back when the OT was a place where we would discuss the game itself and every other post in the thread wasn't a sad insecure post referencing the PS5, playstation gamers, gamepass or a sales pitch for hardware.

What's your contribution to that thread been? Oh yes that's right, yet another thread where all you can do is talk about the Series S:

All of that in the fucking OT for the best release Xbox (console) has seen since the last Forza Horizon game. That's your contribution to the thread and it's absolute dogshit. Back when the game released on PC all people were discussing was storms to chase, route ideas, flight techniques etc. It was a fun thread to be in and discuss the game. Now? Not so much unfortunately.

I sincerely hope you're getting paid for your activity on this forum because if not it's quite frankly embarrassing.

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

To ensure that this guy doesn't succeed with his trolling.

Let's attempt get it on topic again.

Have you paid for any of the add-ins?

I'm really wanting them to add Concorde into the game. That piece of machinery was supposedly super complex, would be an interesting trying to take that thing into the sky!

MilkyJoe

Yeah it was the same for me. I assume they do it like that to not have people complaining about reaching data cap limits.

Yeah, but it would have been nice if they'd have a "now lets set you up" option at the beginning,... oh well, it's on now and looks hyper realistic.

Schmick

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

To ensure that this guy doesn't succeed with his trolling.

Let's attempt get it on topic again.

Have you paid for any of the add-ins?

I'm really wanting them to add Concorde into the game. That piece of machinery was supposedly super complex, would be an interesting trying to take that thing into the sky!
There's one in the works.

Can't imagine how complicated that would be to fly.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
There's one in the works.

Can't imagine how complicated that would be to fly.
Thanks,

That article was sometime ago. Here's hoping it will be ready and available soon enough.

Schmick

Thanks,

That article was sometime ago. Here's hoping it will be ready and available soon enough.

More recent article but doesn't sound like the play will be available soon unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom