• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

itxaka

Defeatist
DMPrince said:

another kinect game.

Title: Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

So instead of getting a huge controller you get a kinect and control it with your hands?

Sounds interesting if the controls are ok.

Dabanton

BlazingDarkness said:
You've not actually seen any of these titles in action yet, don't be so smug
People had reason enough to be cynical

It was a throwaway joke sounds like it hit a nerve.

I love games and i'll be getting a Move and Kinect so the more games the better. The thing that pisses me off is closed mind gamers whining all the time if your not into these things fine but those of us who are, it's good to see that games are being developed.

Really excited for this?

Steal Batallion the game where you use a badass controller to control a mech is now a controller free game.

Yay?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Shard said:
Probably because it did not work out so well for them on the fiscal end of things.
Why would you say that? BD and LO are still probably their top selling games for the console in Japan, and LO apparently sold really well in the west.

The most likely reason it's not happening is because MS has become snobbish after getting with S-E and has spurned Mistwalker completely now that they are not needed anymore.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kinect titles right?

Seda

msft-tgs-keynote0734.jpg

msft-tgs-keynote0735.jpg

msft-tgs-keynote0736.jpg

msft-tgs-keynote0737.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
STEEL BATTALION!!!!! YESSSSSS

Darknessbear said:
Really excited for this?

Steal Batallion the game where you use a badass controller to control a mech is now a controller free game.

Yay?

Did they specifically say that it's a controller-free game? Maybe it's just Kinect enhanced?

So Steel Batalion goes from a game that needs two sticks, and 40 buttons to a game that has no sticks and no buttons?!

How the hell does that work at all?

Mad points for even giving it a shot though I guess.

Empty

this is a bizzare super nerd gamer targeted conference from microsoft, but with the unwelcome guest of kinect hovering around making everything less fun.

still, impressive.

Earlier, the game was using a very large controller which made this very famous." But now it will use Kinect. "This is for core gamers.. We are focusing on that. Even with Kinect, we are creating games for core gamers."

hmmm

shwimpy

IGN:
"Earlier, the game was using a very large controller which made this very famous." But now it will use Kinect. "This is for core gamers.. We are focusing on that. Even with Kinect, we are creating games for core gamers."
Wednesday September 15, 2010 7:30 IGN

Sounds like Kinect-only.

iconoclast said:
Fire Pro Wrestling coming back from the dead only to be a god damn avatar game is the greatest troll in video game history.
This. I'm so sad. I'll be shock if it had the same depth as the previous Fire Pro games.

antonz

EXGN said:
Wow, this years TGS is nuts. Who says Japan is dead? They're just making Kinect games :p
Makes sense develop tons of games for the smallest userbase in Japan. Moneyhatting like crazy as usual

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
core gamers core gamers core gamers core gamers

core games? core gamers!

didja miss us, core gamers?

DrPirate

Banned
Red Mercury said:
So Steel Batalion goes from a game that needs two sticks, and 40 buttons to a game that has no sticks and no buttons?!

How the hell does that work at all?

Mad points for even giving it a shot though I guess.

This..........

I don't get it....

Steel Battalion: maybe from a cockpit perspective, and digital hands (in tune with player hands) will be used to mess with in-game controls?

Top Bottom