• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

Darknessbear said:
It's so sad I'm sitting here reading someones explanation of watching a man on a stage, playing a game, slicing watermelons.

What am I doing...
This is the future man! You're reading the writings of a man who is watching a robot juggle bowling pins as a man slices them with a sword in Japan live!!

Phil Spencer takes the stage!

This will be good sales time.

McWhertor: Corporate VP Phil Spencer is here to talk on behalf of Microsoft Game Studios.
7:50
McWhertor: He starts with a little Japanese.

Don't embarass yourself :lol

Platy

I just LOVE how they love to show a mecanic designed to cut PEOPLE in half in bloody ways cutting watermelons xD

StuBurns

Banned
seady said:
Game like MGS:R (a serious stealth game turn into lame cut & slice-them-up) and enthusiasm from the people here, show how immature the gaming industry is.
You can complete MGSR without killing anyone.

Kibbles

9:51PM He's trying to make gamers remember the "instant fun" of putting a coin into a gaming machine, but we're wondering how many American gamers even remember arcades these day
Oh fuck, doesn't sound good.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Galvanise_ said:
So they basically walked on, sliced up some shit and walked off.

Mental.

But as you can see, the game is going according to schedule as they finally code a build with real-time watermelon slicing.

Varion

Wario64 said:
IGN:
"You can see that Metal Gear Solid Rising is being developed according to schedule."

IGN:
No word on a specific release date, and the MGS Rising team has departed.

wat? :lol
Rising is going to be released on a date! We can't tell you it.

15 mins of an hour? long presentation spent slicing things :lol Just incredible how uninteresting they can make this thing sound.

Gomu Gomu

59Woq.jpg

Rising looks so awesome.

wizword

Banned
seady said:
Game like MGS:R (a serious stealth game turn into lame cut & slice-them-up) and enthusiasm from the people here, show how immature the gaming industry is.
I am sorry but this is the best game mechanic in terms of visceral fun in a while

ArjanN

seady said:

*Sigh*
MGS was always ridiculous.
And it's a demo of the tech to show it's real-time.

Maybe you need to grow up.

McWhertor: At retail, worldwide consumer purchase of Japanese games have doubled from the last generation, he says.

McWhertor: $1 billion on the original Xbox, $2.1 billion on the Xbox 360.

McWhertor: That does not include revenue from the online business, Xbox Live.

McWhertor: Five of the top six bestselling XBLA games come from Japan - MvC2, Bomberman Live, SFII HD Remix, Castlevania: SotN

Gomu Gomu

Five of the top six bestselling XBLA games come from Japan - MvC2, Bomberman Live, SFII HD Remix, Castlevania: SotN
WHAT? people bought that? :x

edit: never mind, I thought it was that horrible re-skinned Bomberman.

IrishNinja

McWhertor:
Five of the top six bestselling XBLA games come from Japan - MvC2, Bomberman Live, SFII HD Remix, Castlevania: SotN

yeah...that's not too encouraging when you look at the age on those games.

ultim8p00

Banned
why are they talking about reach sales IN JAPAN?

It's like "5 of the 6 XBLA games are from Japan..."

'BUT HALO REACH SHITS ON EVERYTHING. FUCK THAT"

Empty

"Today I'm pleased to announce five new creative partnerships with Japanese developers to create games exclusively for Xbox 360."

wow

Top Bottom