• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

Seda

phpNKqHyv_thumb_image.jpeg

Varion

It's time for some Zan Datsu action again!

Memories of the hilariously dull explanation of it in Konami's conference coming flooding back.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
brotkasten said:
FFXIII 360 sold well enough, iirc.

I mean, at this point, pretty much all 3rd party exclusives are LOL. If they found a way to port MGS4 to the 360 I'm all for it, though I'm sure there are a few doofuses that would think its the biggest coup ever

Rainier said:
Hey DMPrince, you going to do the honors and keep us updated with McWhertor's live blog?

McWhertor: The game is being played live on an Xbox 360, Matsuyama says.

Crecente: i guess I need to push back away from the edge of my seat
maybe. ugh x 2. i want to see this game in motion.

McWhertor: Creative director Kimura takes the stage. He's going to do some live slicing.

McWhertor: He's slicing bowling pins, watermelon -- a beautiful slice! -- and we see some other items like bricks and milkcreates on other tables.

V_Ben

Banned
Meilke's Twitter is either the biggest tease ever, or is just so hype inducing;

Btw, met up w/ Yukio Futatsugi, creator of Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust. He's got a new "PD" to announce today. Wait for it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The keynote is happening 50 meters from where I sit, and here I am reading about it on GAF. How sad is that? :)
Futatsugi is back? Now that would be awesome.

Gomu Gomu

McWhertor:
He's slicing bowling pins, watermelon -- a beautiful slice! -- and we see some other items like bricks and milkcreates on other tables.
It would be awesome if the whole demo was just slicing random stuff :lol

It's so sad I'm sitting here reading someones explanation of watching a man on a stage, playing a game, slicing watermelons.

What am I doing...

Empty said:
Sure, thats been true in years gone by, but of of their exclusive lineup this year, two were announced last year at e3 (Halo Reach, Crackdown 2), one last year at gamescom (Fable 3), two a long long time ago (Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2). The only stuff they have done it for this year is kinect stuff, so i'm not sure how true that rule holds anymore, hence the post about the chance of seeing some stuff here.
Eh, the only announcements I can think of this gen that would fit that "rule" are Gears 2, Forza 3, and Kinect stuffs.

FrankT

IGN: Ha, now the robot is juggling bowling pins and they are going to try to slice them out of mid-air. "This is really difficult, so please give me applause if I'm able to do it once."

Golden.

No_Style

Darknessbear said:
It's so sad I'm sitting here reading someones explanation of watching a man on a stage, playing a game, slicing watermelons.

What am I doing...

Not as bad as BlimBlim. :lol

Blimblim said:
The keynote is happening 50 meters from where I sit, and here I am reading about it on GAF. How sad is that? :)
Futatsugi is back? Now that would be awesome.

Seda

Darknessbear said:

What am I doing...

I'm watching the Yankees game as this goes on. It's a great game so far!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wish I could be seeing this instead of reading it, hopefully MS puts this up on Marketplace like they usually do.

Dabanton said:
We go through this every year, it's like people are dense. :lol

Now that you mention it, it does get talked about year after year.

Empty said:
Sure, thats been true in years gone by, but of of their exclusive lineup this year, two were announced last year at e3 (Halo Reach, Crackdown 2), one last year at gamescom (Fable 3), two a long long time ago (Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2). The only stuff they have done it for this year is kinect stuff, so i'm not sure how true that rule holds anymore, hence the post about the chance of seeing some stuff here.

They'll be fine I'm sure - this year had a big title every month, and there are still big XBLA games hitting next year as well, I can't imagine them not following up next year.

They don't necessarily have to be announced here at TGS to be out in 2011 either - they could announce things at the end of this year, or as early as January as they've done with a few games for CES.

StuBurns

Banned
wizword said:
Phantom Dust is the best game no one played
Never played it, heard it was incredible by a number of people though.

As for Rising, did they say the footage was of the 360 version? Is it 60fps?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
IGN:
"You can see that Metal Gear Solid Rising is being developed according to schedule."

IGN:
No word on a specific release date, and the MGS Rising team has departed.

wat? :lol

seady

Game like MGS:R (a serious stealth game turn into lame cut & slice-them-up) and enthusiasm from the people here, show how immature the gaming industry is.

Top Bottom