• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Windows 8 BUILD Conference 2011 |OT| 9/13-9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
why doesnt the font scale in that calendar app... you couldnt see the event names in most of the views.

JaggedSac

Totakeke said:
Here's my source.

Paul Thurrott: Biggest point of Windows Store: Microsoft is NOT taking a 30 percent cut. It will take a ZERO percent cut.

But of course it could be different for games? Maybe? No?

Holy crap balls.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me, Microsoft's hitting all the right notes for a unified Microsoft echo-system, from their phone, XBOX, to PC. They really are doing something amazing here.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't get why MS would go 0. I get wanting to get apps up and running asap and well free would help that. Seems like from a business standpoint economically speaking though that is millions if not billions of money left on the table.

Blackhead

Redarse
0qDcC.jpg

A growl like (ie toast) notification system incoming?

Totakeke said:
<3 <3

wwm0nkey

Brettison said:
Yeah if it's 0 royalties Valve just got omgwtfbbqowned. Hell no reason for Origin either. I wonder how patches would work though.
Yeah pretty much. That would be extremely crazy to see Microsoft just beat Valve and EA in one move.

Totakeke said:
Here's my source.

But of course it could be different for games? Maybe? No?
I think whatever their approach is to what they're doing on the marketplace for Windows Phone 7 is something they're carrying to the marketplace on Windows 8.

Are they taking a cut from games on the WP7 marketplace?

Jadedx

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Has MS announced that Win 8 is going get SUSv3 certification? If not, don't you think it is about time?
Why would they even wan't susv3 cert? They are not based on unix, at all.

kehs

Banned
Brettison said:
I don't get why MS would go 0. I get wanting to get apps up and running asap and well free would help that. Seems like from a business standpoint economically speaking though that is millions if not billions of money left on the table.

They're gonna be late, and they're gonna get their monies from OS licenses.

JaskoX1

Banned
ZombieFred said:
Fuck me, Microsoft's hitting all the right notes for a unified Microsoft echo-system, from their phone, XBOX, to PC. They really are doing something amazing here.
Can't tell if you're being serious or not but this is decent trolling.

artist

Banned
Brettison said:
It'll help them leapfrog iOS's app count very quickly.

angelfly

Brettison said:
They want people to use it over other services so it seems like a smart move. Money left on the table maybe but it'll also guarantee it starts out with tons of people using it rather than waiting until it picks up.

Tuck

Slight nitpick... on the keyboard, its a nice neat rectangle except for the a which is indented slightly....

Also, Windows Live is really Ugly, aesthetically speaking.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As a security researcher I can't wait to see what people expose on this. Feature creep leads to inevitable security holes.

Especially since this is the biggest leap Microsoft has made OS wise in a while.

JaggedSac

HarryDemeanor said:
I think whatever their approach is to what they're doing on the marketplace for Windows Phone 7 is something they're carrying to the marketplace on Windows 8.

Are they taking a cut from games on the WP7 marketplace?

They get royalties on all paid apps in the WP7 marketplace.

clav

Hotmail and possibly Live services are getting a makeover in October. Looks archaic.

Another conference will be held then.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Copernicus said:
They're gonna be late, and they're gonna get their monies from OS licenses.
In a tablet mindset yes, but they won't even be close to late in terms of a desktop OS. It's this odd mash that fucks with my mind.

Not like everyone doesn't already support Windows as a desktop OS.

Plus who's gonna host the apps + push the updates? MS? That space + bandwidth isn't free. To make it up on the OS price wouldn't last long.

artist

Banned
lol, taking shots at LogMeIn, Teamviewer and other similar services as well.

Man, they're going to make so many apps, programs, services obsolete.

alphaNoid

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Jesus christ dude this is the best press conference ever
Doesn't it feel like someone is talking nonstop unloading feature after feature? When someone gets tired, BOOM new speaker to go nonstop lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom