• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

310_Junior_Dos_Santos_large_large.jpg

I hope you're used to this smug mug of sunshine, because you're going to get more of this in eleven day's time.

JDS by 2nd round T/KO.

Then we can expect a hot promo from Black Fedor on how he will avenge his protege after he beats Mir in summer 2013.

King of Cans that is.

Never understood the Cain hype. Hes a mid level gatekeeper at best.

Cain is a Mexican American.

And on Dec 29th, Cain is back to can status. That reminds me, I have dibs on making the thread for 155, time to get to work.

Cain's still a gatekeeper. A higher-tier gatekeeper, sure, but when he gets knocked out by Dos Santos again his stock is going to drop hard.

JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Barnett
DC

are all more impressive than Cain. Maybe even Carwin too if he comes back in good shape. Mir also matches up very well with Cain too.

ibwNFEL70tq13r.gif

Even though the last 3 rounds sucked, I'm really happy for Cain. He did exactly what he was supposed to do to win. This is what rematches are supposed to be for. The only things I was thinking while watching was that he should have thrown body shots, especially knees to the body when he had JDS on the ground, and he should have mixed in leg kicks from rd 2 on.

I can't wait for the 5 rounds of circling and posturing in the 2014 rubber match for #1 contender against champ Todd Duffee.

Heel

The fight was shaping up to be pretty interesting before JDS got bungalow'd.

Cain was actually out jabbing "the best boxer in MMA" while JDS was doing pretty well at working short counter shots and circling out as Cain came in for TDs. Even then, I've never seen JDS backpeddling and eating shots like that.

Cain said he'd come out and assert himself like his old self, and did exactly that. Great stuff.

The bar we normally go to, which is just 10 minutes from home, wasn't showing it, so we had to drive into town and missed most of the FX prelims. Just saw Varner and Melvin getting frisky at the end of their fight.

I'm thinking we should give former GHWOAT Junior Dos Cantos' "legacy" the ol' MMA rear-view treatment, hombre. I mean, who did he ever actually beat?
A fat, unmotivated Werdum who was crying because he didn't get a title shot
A young Stefan Struve who has a well known glass chin
A washed-up Mirko who had a fishing trip on his mind
Some can from PRIDE named Gilbert Yvel
Gabriel Gonzaga (lol)
Roy Nelson, who he couldn't put away
Shane Carwin, who lost to that other can Brock Lesnar
SUPER-lucky fluke KO of Cain
Squash match with shitty Frank Mir

Eating plenty crow

Went out all night in Dubai and watched the fights drunk at 6am here. Best part are the fights air free here in my hotel room.

Sucks that Cantos lost, but now we have some interesting outcomes. Hunt vs JDS if he beats Struve is a must. What happens if Nog beats Werdum? Retire or hunt for the title?

Glad Boetch is finally out of the title picture and Okami derailed another hype train.

ShaneB

Should I watch the main card? It's uh, gonna take a while for me to see it and avoiding spoilers for that long will be quite a task.

PM me

MjFrancis

Truman Burbank said:
Hey, at least he's still trying to smile.

I look forward to see if he can improve his game as much as Cain bothered to improve his in between their fights. Feed Dos Santos another one or two top tenners and see if he can still bang.

I didn't watch the main card, but I am glad Okami clinched a victory. Anything worth watching or did I do myself a big favor by watching the prelims and saving $60 this time around? I was happy to see Jamie Varner maintain any relevance whatsoever. It would be cool to have a comeback kid on our hands, pipe dreams be damned. I love how much the WEC roster has been able to shake up the LW division in the UFC these past two years.

I didn't watch the main card, but I am glad Okami clinched a victory. Anything worth watching or did I do myself a big favor by watching the prelims and saving $60 this time around? I was happy to see Jamie Varner maintain any relevance whatsoever. It would be cool to have a comeback kid on our hands, pipe dreams be damned. I love how much the WEC roster has been able to shake up the LW division in the UFC these past two years.
See above. Great fight and in need of rematch.

Okami and Mak fights are not worth watching. Leben/Brunson was enjoyable if you dislike Leben.

TheNatural

My Member!
So much for the can meme. Cain put an end to that in fitting style just in time for 2013 with dat Mehicana heart, just like I said. Time to bury it for good.

Accomplished my mid 2012 goal of great weight loss, 2013, my goal is to put on muscle, anyone ever try P90X? Not worried about the hour of routines, more of what meal plan it uses if anyone knows. I don't want to go all in on this shit only to learn it recommends cooking 5 eggs and bacon every damn morning with five course meals throughout the day. That shit won't work for me.

I want to get jacked so by 2014 I can begin training in Jeet Kune Do and win a regional Bad MMA silver belt.

Heel

So much for the can meme. Cain put an end to that in fitting style just in time for 2013 with dat Mehicana heart, just like I said. Time to bury it for good.

Accomplished my mid 2012 goal of great weight loss, 2013, my goal is to put on muscle, anyone ever try P90X? Not worried about the hour of routines, more of what meal plan it uses if anyone knows. I don't want to go all in on this shit only to learn it recommends cooking 5 eggs and bacon every damn morning with five course meals throughout the day. That shit won't work for me.

I want to get jacked so by 2014 I can begin training in Jeet Kune Do and win a regional Bad MMA silver belt.

Yeah, I've done it twice. Convince yourself to get through the first week or two and it gets a lot easier. You don't need to use their meal plan, just find something that's conducive to your goal of muscle gain.

MjFrancis

See above. Great fight and in need of rematch.

Okami and Mak fights are not worth watching. Leben/Brunson was enjoyable if you dislike Leben.
I may have to catch up with it soon, then. I'm wary of five round heavyweight fights. Save for the legendary Shogun/Henderson scrap they are usually as fun as watching paint dry after round two.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

P90X is good, you might end up hating Tony though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fuck I don't remember anything from last night after the Leben-Brunson shitfest. I'm going to have to watch the main and co-main again.

Top Bottom