• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Side Stories |OT| Because the world can never have enough Gundam

t26

Started playing and I wish the game would just tell you when the mission objective changed. Kind of annoying that I have to pause to find out.

I've completed all the Missing Link storylines, as well as Blue Destiny on the Federation side. Now going through the Zeon Blue Destiny side.

Nah, it's pretty common though not always credited. Lots of the original Gaiden games had all sorts of collaborations with Western talent.

That's cool.

Cacophanus

I've completed all the Missing Link storylines, as well as Blue Destiny on the Federation side. Now going through the Zeon Blue Destiny side.

That's cool.

There are two more Missing Link stories left to unlock btw.

Finished all the VR missions too and they were more fun than the campaign, as they were more direct and didn't suffer from having shitty cutscenes.

As for dev credits in games, places like Tose are super common in Japan and generally there are swathes of in-house staff often utterly uncredited too.

It's also pretty bad in the West as well. For instance, I'm credited as having worked on Black and White 2 and Battlefield 2 (despite never touching those games). Admittedly my name is in the credits of both games, but still...

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,153124/

Basically, don't trust what you see in the credits and never assume that there was a lone visionary in charge of anything. In my entire career that's never ever been the case!!

There are two more Missing Link stories left to unlock btw.

I did the Pale Rider 0090 missions, but I know that there Torrington Base 0096 ones as well, right?

Finished all the VR missions too and they were more fun than the campaign, as they were more direct and didn't suffer from having shitty cutscenes.

Good to know. Some of the cutscenes are fine, but most are mind blowingly bad. I'm really confused what they were thinking when they staged them.

Cacophanus

I did the Pale Rider 0090 missions, but I know that there Torrington Base 0096 ones as well, right?

Good to know. Some of the cutscenes are fine, but most are mind blowingly bad. I'm really confused what they were thinking when they staged them.

There's one more Missing Link story that's unlocked right at the end and ties into the Unicorn narrative.

As for the cutscenes, I think it was a mixture of a limited toolset coupled with a very small team (as in small budget). The cutscenes look like they weren't done by an animator but used a set of very basic script commands for unit and camera movement.

Basically they had to make the cutscenes with what they had to hand and not with what they wanted.

Finally wrapped up all the Story Missions. Now on to the VR Missions.

Anyone else still playing?

Hello? Is this thing on? [crickets chirp]

ACESmkII

Finally wrapped up all the Story Missions. Now on to the VR Missions.

Anyone else still playing?

Hello? Is this thing on? [crickets chirp]

I turn it on and do a couple missions in between breaks of Dark Souls and Ace Combat Infinity.

I completed both the Federation and Zeon Missing Link missions and most of the Zeonic Front and Blue Destiny Missions.

What was the latest update for? Just the DLC?

I turn it on and do a couple missions in between breaks of Dark Souls and Ace Combat Infinity.

I completed both the Federation and Zeon Missing Link missions and most of the Zeonic Front and Blue Destiny Missions.

What was the latest update for? Just the DLC?

There's more Missing Link stuff later on after you play other side stories.

Balancing and DLC, I think.

71 VR missions down, 29 to go. The Platinum
Trophy is in sight. The 500,000 point trophy seems like the only one that requires any grinding.

Also, any mission whose requirement is to destroy only a certain type of MS? Yeah, don't take squad mates with you. SMH AI.

VR 80 was roughing me up this morning. Oh well, I'll keep at it.

Are you always limited to 800 points to divy up between your squadron? Would be fun to run in with Unicorn, Pale Rider and an Ifrit.

All 100 VR missions complete. Just need to grind about 300,000 points and the platinum trophy is mine. Haven't touched any of the DLC missions yet, so there's four.

Mega bump, but...

mGEHP7s.jpg

First volume of the Missing Link manga comes with a code for the Full Armor Slave Wraith. Local Kinokuniya finally got it in.

Top Bottom