• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster hunter Wilds | Summer Game Fest 2024 Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

"Don't worry, the Hunter is here." Prepare to experience the most cinematic and immersive story in Monster Hunter series history. Find out what lies in store for you and your allies in this vast, seamless land teeming with monsters, when Monster Hunter Wilds launches on PS5 in 2025.​

They've also confirmed cross-play (new info).

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
200w.gif

jorgejjvr

This series infuriates me.. 😤

It has everything that I would love except no leveling up. It's a bs waste of time without xp points.
Not needed like at all, you see yourself leveling up as you're able to defeat new monsters you couldn't before due to your new weapons and armor

You don't need levels for everything. This is way more organic, you don't defeat the monster because you went from level 50 to level 90, but because you got better as a player, went on enough hunts for better armor and better weapons. Way more satisfying

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This series infuriates me.. 😤

It has everything that I would love except no leveling up. It's a bs waste of time without xp points.
You "level up" by getting new gear, which you obtain from killing monsters just like you would get exp in other games. What else do you need?

Last edited:

Schmendrick

The tech seems seriously ancient as in "barely any progress since World" and I´m not sure about the group/mounted gameplay yet, but I´ll trust the MH team and fully expect that this will cost me a few hundred hours of my life.

squarealex

The more trailers I see of this game, the more I find it bad and annoying.
What the hell is happening? Why so much focus and story shit?

Just bring big monster and other area than this fking empty desert

Coconutt

Monster Hunter Wilds continues to look awesome will be there day 1. Only showing the desert locale but surely their will be other locations.

Pejo

Options => Dialogue => Off. My first move playing this game.

I guess the story stuff makes a better trailer but damn do I want gameplay details. Hope the whole game isn't mean to be played while mounted. I like mounts as a mode of transportation and maybe even as a roaming "camp" where you can swap weapons and stuff, but I don't want battles to be mounted. To me, MH is about weighing risk/reward in combat, not quickdashing and high speed strafing while shooting.

Not gonna get too negative this early, but I really wanna see some gameplay focus vids and whatever new systems get some explanation in future trailers.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope these scripted sequences are few and far between, maybe only in urgent missions or something as the lead up to the monster, then the rest of the game regular hunting time.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
You "level up" by getting new gear, which you obtain from killing monsters just like you would get exp in other games. What else do you need?

I've tried every iteration of the game since it came out on psp. I know how it plays, and every time i am just wanting xp points. Instead you farm material for hours in the same boring ass places.. just to die and farm material for more hours. It's never as fun as it could be for me.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've tried every iteration of the game since it came out on psp. I know how it plays, and every time i am just wanting xp points. Instead you farm material for hours in the same boring ass places.. just to die and farm material for more hours. It's never as fun as it could be for me.
It sure is a grind, but I'm fine with that since the core gameplay of fucking up big monsters is super fun to me.

Kinda like Diablo, you do the same thing for hours on end but it's just fun.

Danjin44

I think you just want different game. The enitre gameplay loop of MH games are all about farming armour and weapon materials, you even break part of the monster in order to get specific material drop.....for me and most others thats whats most fun about MH games.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I think you just want different game enitre gameplay loop of MH games are all about farming armour and weapon materials, you even break part of the monster in order specific material drop.....for me and most others thats whats most fun about MH games.
Yeah but it also makes every build the same for each armor set which is super boring. Also I could just give my high end armor to a newbie and bam he is equal to everyone else with that armor. 😵‍💫

It's just not for me and I except that but it's still infuriating

GymWolf

Gold Member
The only thing i hope is that they don't go overboard with fighting group of enemies all the time, mh should be mostly about 1vs1 with other monster interfering, not teaming up, nobody want rampage 2.0.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I'll be honest, this trailer did literally nothing for me.

Basically hyped just from previous games and knowing this will be great from experience. The art was dark and no new monsters or attacks captured my imagination yet.

Day 1 though. Its Monster Hunter.

Danjin44

Yeah but it also makes every build the same for each armor set which is super boring.
What? Different monster Armour set give you different skills, you even mix & match different armour set for specific skills based what weapon you choose to have.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What? Different monster Armour set give you different skills, you even mix & match different armour set for specific skills based what weapon you choose to have.
But it's the same for every person with that same armor setup. But a game like eldin ring your build could vary greatly even with the exact same armor and weapons. Stat based leveling has way more possibilities.

Danjin44

But it's the same for every person with that same armor setup. But a game like eldin ring your build could vary greatly even with the exact same armor and weapons. Stat based leveling has way more possibilities.
No, you want different skill set that will compliment weapon of your choice...for example I'm LS main so I want "Quick Sheath" skill so I have better timing for my counter but thats not gonna be useful in most weapons.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Not really. Depends a bit on which MH game you are playing, but near endgame you usually unlock some new mechanic that allows you to customize your character beyond just the armor you wear.

Also I could just give my high end armor to a newbie and bam he is equal to everyone else with that armor
I think that's fine and it's meant to allow for the player to switch builds without having to resart the game from scratch.

Fbh

Looks fun.
Though I guess hoping they scale back the annoying farming is being too optimistic.
I enjoy the gameplay in these and killing a monster 2-3 times for parts is fun. Having to kill them 5+ (sometimes way more) times because of shitty drop rates isn't. As isn't having to go kill monsters you don't really care about to upgrade your base, and the whole boring crafting mechanics.

Does anyone actually like the crafting of stuff besides armors and weapons in these? just let me buy all the consumable items with the in game currency.

Options => Dialogue => Off. My first move playing this game.

I guess the story stuff makes a better trailer but damn do I want gameplay details. Hope the whole game isn't mean to be played while mounted. I like mounts as a mode of transportation and maybe even as a roaming "camp" where you can swap weapons and stuff, but I don't want battles to be mounted. To me, MH is about weighing risk/reward in combat, not quickdashing and high speed strafing while shooting.

Not gonna get too negative this early, but I really wanna see some gameplay focus vids and whatever new systems get some explanation in future trailers.

I'm playing through MHW with a few friends for the first time and the focus on story in that game seems so bizarre.
Not only is it completely uninteresting and we are all just skipping through the dialogue, but it has one of the most backwards and unintuitive co-op systems I've ever encountered where we all need to start new story missions on our own, progress through them until we see a cutscene and then we can exit and play it together. Like why the fuck would you make cutscenes such an important part in a game like this?.

It's weird that these trailers so far have also focused so much on story. This is a franchise that should be all about gameplay, the trailers should be entirely focused on showing new monsters and gameplay mechanics, not story.

stickkidsam

Gold Member
Does anyone actually like the crafting of stuff besides armors and weapons in these? just let me buy all the consumable items with the in game currency.
I do, but I also enjoy fishing for hours in games that aren’t about fishing. I also like chopping down trees in Valheim but that’s partly because it’s fun to shout timber.

• LOL
Reactions: Fbh

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Need to see gameplay overview since that's the meat of the game. Monster Hunter isn't played for it's story. And what we've seen here isn't interesting in the slightest. If it's just MH World 2 then I'll just stick with World.

Warablo

I am sure this game will be awesome, but I don't really like the whole emphasis on pack monsters in the trailers. No doubt the world will be awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom