• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 on Nintendo Switch

M0TlBfu.png

HU8ucQO.png

hY5uJyA.png

sK1XRMA.png

7yZYrbK.png

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It’s actually looks better than 11 and pretty crazy that’s it’s running on a mobile device from 2017 with 4 gigs of total ram.

I guess it’s how you look at it. From a technical standpoint it’s a real “ impossible “ port but it probably should have remained impossible. Lol

SirTerry-T

Have they removed the normal maps from the characters?!?!?

Jesus fucking Christ... amateur hour has returned I see.

Soltype

Is it 60 fps at least?
It depends, it targets 60 unless there's an assist on screen, then it's 30 until they leave. Game also suffers from classic UT texture streaming issues.Textures take a little bit to load in, so character intros are usually missing textures.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Interesting, back when this was announced as a "Next Gen Only... plus Switch" release, people panicked that they would sacrifice the high-spec version for the lowest version because that's how people think development works. It's a port, they can make one game on a high-end tech system (albeit Netherealm's UE-variant engine is always numerically a bit behind because they customize it so much for their needs, but this one does use UE4 as the running base) and then cut down/redo whatever crams into a smaller system.

It depends, it targets 60 unless there's an assist on screen, then it's 30 until they leave. Game also suffers from classic UT texture streaming issues.Textures take a little bit to load in, so character intros are usually missing textures.
The technical issues bother me more than the look. (There's also long loading for characters, and tearing on the cutscenes, which appear to be video so the tearing is weird?) It seems like it looks okay for Switch in fights if you had to settle (I'd only play it on handheld personally, even though these games are best played on the couch with a friend,) but all the hiccups and delays make it probably not worth bothering with. I like having some types of games in my holster just for when the mood strikes (especially grabbed up later in bargain bins,) but at some point I'd not even reach for the cart if I knew it was going to lose interest while it loaded.

(I hope Switch 2 addresses loading, these new superfast consoles have really set the right standard for what to expect in game delivery speed.)

It's interesting that they ported that to switch but skip PS4.

It's probably a money thing. The old consoles have drifted off in usage as gamers move onto new consoles (or just stop playing; people point out the 110m vs 40m hardware install base differential, but they don't consider how many of those PS4 gamers just aren't buying new games for their PS4s anymore.) It's a matter of porting, it's a matter of maintaining the online service and providing support and DLC continuity, stuff like that; it's probably just not worth doing.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm sure MKX2015 & MK92011 look better than this.

Top Bottom