• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

hiryu

plaguis said:
Its in poor taste and down right disrespectful. I mean, who the fuck do RARE think they are.. pitting Banjo against Mario.. I mean for fucks sake, if there was no Mario 64, you think Banjo Kazooie would exist at all? Everyone knows mario, how many people know Banjo? You'd never catch Miyamoto showing this level of contempt and disrespect towards his industry peers.
Rare are out of order.

Please tell me this is a joke post.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
plaguis said:
Its in poor taste and down right disrespectful. I mean, who the fuck do RARE think they are.. pitting Banjo against Mario.. I mean for fucks sake, if there was no Mario 64, you think Banjo Kazooie would exist at all? Everyone knows mario, how many people know Banjo? You'd never catch Miyamoto showing this level of contempt and disrespect towards his industry peers.
Rare are out of order.
u mad?

plaguis

Emiru said:
It was a joke, quit crying.
Maybe we have different philosophies, but I believe in any industry you have to show a level of respect for your peers, especially someone as prolific and Miyamoto. I mean, seriously - are Rare even in a position to rib Mario.. Banjo, Conker...

PhatSaqs said:
Halo Wars

303386_full.jpg

This shot is so bad ass!

PhatSaqs

Banned
plaguis said:
Maybe we have different philosophies, but I believe in any industry you have to show a level of respect for your peers, especially someone as prolific and Miyamoto. I mean, seriously - are Rare even in a position to rib Mario.. Banjo, Conker...
6ofazp1.gif

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wonder what is happening with Halo Wars and Alan Wake.

I was certain we'd see Halo Wars this year. There was even a gameplay trailer on Marketplace last year!

hadareud

The Translator
plaguis said:
Rare are out of order.
:lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Luckily for MS ... Gears 2, Fable 2, NG II and the GTA IV DLC will be enough to satisfy me this holiday.

I'll just try to forget Banjo was transformed into a puzzle kart racing game and Too Human got a gimped co-op.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
plaguis said:

Conker and Banjo were every bit as good as Mario 64, if not better in places. Some of you all act like you are married to the guy. Its a joke. J o k e. :lol

kylej

Banned
plaguis said:

they ran into an 8-bit Mario made out of blocks, dude.

harSon

Banned
plaguis said:

(neutral) plaguis
LEAAAAVE MIYAMOTOOOO ALONEEE!!1!
(Today, 11:19 AM)
Reply | Quote

plaguis

plaguis said:
Having said that, the game looks like crazy fun. Cant see why fellow neogafers are disappointed.

Emiru

Banned
plaguis said:
Heres your beloved miyamoto

Nintendo producer Shigeru Miyamoto once criticized Donkey Kong Country, stating that "Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good."

plaguis

Oldschoolgamer said:
Conker and Banjo were every bit as good as Mario 64, if not better in places. Some of you all act like you are married to the guy. Its a joke. J o k e. :lol
Theres a fine line between a joke and disrespect. I see it as disrespect. And no, neither title touched Mario 64.

plaguis said:
Rare are out of order.

What? Like jokes much?

duckroll

plaguis said:
Theres a fine line between a joke and disrespect. I see it as disrespect. And no, neither title touched Mario 64.

Wow, disrespecting a video game character! Boo hoo! I'll get the UN right on it, this is a TREATY VIOLATION! :p

Emiru

Banned
plaguis said:
yes they didnt only touched it, they raped it, I enjoyed Banjo and conker way more than mario 64

pswii60

plaguis said:
Rare are out of order.
If anything it shows respect, and besides it's a joke. Rare and Nintendo are old friends, and apparently still speak to each other to this day according to an interview late last year. Get over it.

scitek

I thought the intention of a joke was to be funny. I didn't find what they did funny. I didn't find it offensive, either, just stupid.

Cerrius said:
Luckily for MS ... Gears 2, Fable 2, NG II and the GTA IV DLC will be enough to satisfy me this holiday.

I'll just try to forget Banjo was transformed into a puzzle kart racing game and Too Human got a gimped co-op.
It's not a damn racing game. You didnt get that? There will be in multiplayer. But the core game is platforming just with vehicles.

duckroll

Error said:
Is this just for 1st party games? Any hope for an IU trailer? :/

You selfish prick, I'm going to commit ritual suicide soon because Ninja Blade isn't appearing and you want a IU trailer? WTF? :(

batbeg

duckroll said:
You selfish prick, I'm going to commit ritual suicide soon because Ninja Blade isn't appearing and you want a IU trailer? WTF? :(

:lol

plaguis said:

You do realize Mario has been recreated in anything with a character customization tool ever and this is just an extension of that, right? The only difference is th developers did it because they're not pricks afraid of stepping out of their legal bounds, and still know how to have fun.

plaguis

Danielsan said:
:lol at the Nintendo defense force crying foul on the beheading of a 3D recreation of a Mario sprite.
Yes.. the Nintendo defence force that actually enjoys playing on his 360 and actually likes the look of this game. My quarm was only with Rares disrespect, not the game itself - which I hope does really really well.

duckroll said:

i thought the event took place over 3 days? wait until thursday night for the ritual suicide

Ramenman

plaguis said:
Rare are out of order.

Haha right. By the way, your friend Jasper is waiting for you in the "debut trailer" thread.

Emiru

Banned
plaguis said:
Yes.. the Nintendo defence force that actually enjoys playing on his 360 and actually likes the look of this game. My quarm was only with Rares disrespect, not the game itself - which I hope does really really well.
You keep talking about rares disrespect(which was just a joke btw) but you said nothing about miyamoto bashing DKC

MCD

plaguis said:
make a rare/banjo vehicle and destroy it yourself in the game.

happy now?

soldat7

plaguis said:
You'd never catch Miyamoto showing this level of contempt and disrespect towards his industry peers.
Rare are out of order.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167777&p=4
1up said:
There's plenty to see even before you get to the workspaces -- a large pond humming with bird life lies adjacent to their winding driveway, a cadre of bonsai trees donated by Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto dots the parking lot,

I bet Miyamoto is wishing he had those trees back.

What a lovely day for gamers.

Everyone smashes Rare's wonderful new Banjo idea into the ground and they are bitching on Rare because they disrespect Nintendo (that means, make a funny 8-bit Mario with the game and blow the head of just too show the physics).

Top Bottom