• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

FrankT

pswii60 said:
I thought that was just their lunch break. Blim said Snoopers is there, it's already started, and there are no games there aside from what we've already seen.

Nah, Luncheon doesn't sound like lunch break to me. Of course, if it is 3 day thing like mentioned earlier this Ninja Blade, Lips stuff will surely come out. If not, saved for E3.

pswii60

PhatSaqs said:
Fill me in.... why is everyone so hyped about this fabled Ninja Blade game?
It's something new. We all like to see new stuff. And Duckroll is excited 'cos it's from the Otogi dudes. And Lips, we wanted to know what the hell that was too.

Deepblue said:
Banjo looks amazing. The haters can kindly
stopposting-marcus.gif

Kratos Fenix ? However, looks awesome.

duckroll

clashfan said:
I'll say it again...

If Ninja Blade doesn't exist then why doesn't CPaladino just come here and deny it's existence? I still believe in Ninja Blade!!!

Someone..... say..... something. :(

burgerdog

RSTEIN said:
If Nuts & Bolts was indeed a racer (not saying it is, except as a MP option), it would make a nice, harmonious circle between Rare and Turn10. Rare did some work on Forza 2.

What did rare help with? Man, all this Ninja Blade talk is getting me hyped and I don't even know what the hell it is, I blame DR!

Emiru said:
I barely saw any MS adverts on tv, mostly ps3 and wii

They totally blew GTA marketing, IMO. Every commercial I've seen has been multiplatform or Sony sponsored.

As far as the Mario appearance in the Banjo trailer, it's a harmless jab at worst. Nothing disrespectful there.

If you want to see REAL disrespect from one gaming company to another, check out some of the Sega Genesis and Game Gear commercials from back in the day. Not only did they dis Nintendo, but in some ads they dissed the whole Nintendo fanbase. That takes some serious balls.

FrankT

pswii60 said:
"Luncheon, commonly abbreviated to lunch, is a midday meal"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunch

:p

Well, whateva, but the way it sounds from Buddy C's reply is that there is something at 1 with MS involving lunch. Who knows. We may not get anything, but speculaiton of Lips and Ninja Blade at this point yes.

On a side note, why would he just now be leaving to head to the event? 1 PDT is in 45 minutes is a good guess I'd say.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
burgerdog said:
What did rare help with? Man, all this Ninja Blade talk is getting me hyped and I don't even know what the hell it is, I blame DR!

Rare provided Turn 10 with some of their developmental tools.

pswii60

artredis1980 said:
Stupid N4G. It says "Confirmed: LIPS getting announced tomorrow" then you realise that's bs and it isn't confirmed at all.

In fact, this is the latest comment:

"Update 4 : A New Beginning : OK here we are halfway through Microsoft’s Gamerday 2008 and they have yet to show off the Lips accessory or the Newton controller. They might be holding this off until E3. DOH! They freaking are coming but I don’t know exactly when they are going to show them off."

duckroll

harSon said:
You're saved! Possibly... Microsoft is announcing their new accessory Lips tomorrow so they're not completely done with announcements.

No, it was a lie after all. :(

It actually makes a lot of sense that they'll announce it at E3 or something instead actually. It's really dumb to show off an alledgedly AWESOME looking ninja action game on the Xbox360 half a month before another ninja action game on the Xbox360 is released right? ..... Right?

WrikaWrek

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Some good Fable 2 stuff here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188692

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188696

It says you can turn off the breadcrumb trail in the pause menu, so that's good.

We hate to bring it up again, but the first thing that came to mind was GTA III Liberty City versus GTA IV Liberty City - it really is that much of a difference in scope and scale in Fable 2.

The scale of Fable 2's world is huge compared to the first game. We're sick of mentioning it, but the first thing that came to mind was the jump to GTA IV's Liberty City...

Hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype Hype hype hype hype

Blimblim

The Inside Track
burgerdog said:
Forza 2's engine was based on Rare's R1 engine.

pswii60

Blimblim said:
Forza 2's engine was based on Rare's R1 engine.
Blim, have you found out from Snoopers if there's any chance of further announcements later in the day? What's this 'luncheon' thing?

Zenith

Banned
plaguis said:
Maybe we have different philosophies, but I believe in any industry you have to show a level of respect for your peers, especially someone as prolific and Miyamoto. I mean, seriously - are Rare even in a position to rib Mario.. Banjo, Conker...

27zkrux.jpg

Why cry, cry guy?

BruceLeeRoy said:
Man I love the music.

FABLE 2

The one thing that kind of worries me is the one button combat could either work perfectly or just really limit the game.

Are there anymore videos of Fable 2 besides this one from the event? I love the artstyle. Reminds me of Harry Potter meets Tim Burton. :lol

Fable 2

We were warned at the start of our demo, again in another apology, that the frame rate isn't quite right yet. But here, in a bustling gypsy camp in the forest it's already rock-solid - and there's lots going on.

Shop keepers man stools, children run about (some we spotted were re-enacting the story from the first Fable) and in typical series fashion there's a few hussies loitering about, eager to tell us how "'andsome" we are.

:D I loved the way the kids were in the first game, hilarious little buggers.

harSon

Banned
While the game's worlds are large enough to make using vehicles essential, you'll still be able to explore lots of areas on foot, making use of Kazooie's abilities to achieve certain objectives.

GhaleonEB

Most of the Halo Wars art is old, but the first few are new.

They didn't quite hit the Halo art style, but that's to be expected coming from a different team.

FFChris

duckroll said:
No, it was a lie after all. :(

It actually makes a lot of sense that they'll announce it at E3 or something instead actually. It's really dumb to show off an alledgedly AWESOME looking ninja action game on the Xbox360 half a month before another ninja action game on the Xbox360 is released right? ..... Right?

I still don't see why the file templates are up when they have nothing to show. I have hope.

GhaleonEB said:
Most of the Halo Wars art is old, but the first few are new.

They didn't quite hit the Halo art style, but that's to be expected coming from a different team.
They may not have mimicked the same art style from the FPS franchise. But they nailed the environments and atmostpheres of those games in Halo Wars. It feels just like the first Halo game. The 2 and third not so much. Maybe in later levels though.

Top Bottom