• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ms. Marvel I OT I How does it feel? Cosmic!

sol_bad

I was worried about the last episode but was happy with how they pulled it off and how it turned out. I liked the small scale story for the season. Really hope they start to do longer seasons moving forward, She-Hulk being 9 episodes is a good start.

I thought it was really sweet how they came up with her hero name, it was really sweet. I seriously can't remember but was it mentioned in the comics as well?

Final scene and end credit scene
Do we think she'llend up being a mutant or an Inhuman? I swear I thought Bruno was going to say Inhuman LOL

And I was not expecting her to switch places with Carol Danvers. Curious how the fuck that happened and where Kamala teleported to.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I was worried about the last episode but was happy with how they pulled it off and how it turned out. I liked the small scale story for the season. Really hope they start to do longer seasons moving forward, She-Hulk being 9 episodes is a good start.

I thought it was really sweet how they came up with her hero name, it was really sweet. I seriously can't remember but was it mentioned in the comics as well?

Final scene and end credit scene
Do we think she'llend up being a mutant or an Inhuman? I swear I thought Bruno was going to say Inhuman LOL

And I was not expecting her to switch places with Carol Danvers. Curious how the fuck that happened and where Kamala teleported to.

Mutant. It’s honoring the original vision for her in the comics. She would’ve been a Mutant if not for Ike’s Inhuman mandate.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Very cool and very interesting. Even with the word mutation it could have gone either way because both species are a mutation. But that article seems to confirm it.

The X-Men 97 theme that plays also confirmed it.

They wouldn't use Mutation for an Inhuman, that word is too major. Marvel couldn't use it for decades because of Fox.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The outrage merchants who spent five weeks shitting on the show now watching it because it introduces Mutants:
the simpsons lemon GIF

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well its great that mutants are introduced, but its still a little downer knowing we’re years away from an actual Xmen film.
Phase 4 is longer than Namek.

sol_bad

The X-Men 97 theme that plays also confirmed it.

They wouldn't use Mutation for an Inhuman, that word is too major. Marvel couldn't use it for decades because of Fox.

Yeah, fuck me dead, I didn't even notice the musical queue because I was freaking out wondering if it meant she was Mutant or Inhuman.
LOL

Ulysses 31

Ok...? And that's what the first year of Phase 4 has been. People who actually watch it instead of relying on YouTube to form their opinions for them would know this.
Establishing new heroes, passing the mantle etc sure.

I guess with the rich world that is the MCU people are expecting a quicker set up for the new big bad villain rather than waiting for an entire new cast of heroes who will then form a new Avenger's like team.

Ulysses 31

Fuck off with that YouTube outrage narrative bullshit. A Thunderbolts movie isn't "passing the mantle".
Now you're seeing outrage where there ain't. Falcon becoming the new captain America is an example of passing the mantle and there's nothing wrong with it.

If they are making Kamala a mutant then they'll likely make other inhumans mutants. Basically the inhumans will be very few and far between (probably just the Royal Family). So no nuhumans or anything like that. I do wonder if they'll retcon the comics as well.

Kamala would have originally been a mutant if not for the movie rights at that time.

Toons

The inhumans and mutants are basically distant cousins even in the comics.

Im glad we are finally getting. Reveals for this stuff. Continuing to dodge all the theories and everything and just taking in the content.

This episode and series was solid. I LOVE Iman villani. Truly

jason10mm

Gold Member
What the hell are you talking about? Phase 4 is only a year old. It took 4 years to go from Iron Man to Avengers.
What kind of gaslighting attempt is this? Making it seem like the MCU, as it stands now, isn't FAR BEYOND where the MCU, with half of it's films not even under the same distribution house (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Hulk if you include that one), was in phase 1. We've had more films, god knows how many tv shows, a cartoon series, all sorts of shit that COULD have pushed the Phase 4 storyline much faster than phase 1. It's not like at the end of Endgame there was a mass retirement of heroes and a clearing out of all villains. Nope. Most heroes are still around, so no reason why the next "big bad" couldn't be hinted at. Marvel clearly knows the driving momentum towards a multi-hero film series is what lifts all the scrub-level individual hero films up, otherwise these stories tend to be pretty repetitive or always a "reset to zero".

ManaByte

Gold Member
What kind of gaslighting attempt is this? Making it seem like the MCU, as it stands now, isn't FAR BEYOND where the MCU, with half of it's films not even under the same distribution house (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Hulk if you include that one), was in phase 1. We've had more films, god knows how many tv shows, a cartoon series, all sorts of shit that COULD have pushed the Phase 4 storyline much faster than phase 1. It's not like at the end of Endgame there was a mass retirement of heroes and a clearing out of all villains. Nope. Most heroes are still around, so no reason why the next "big bad" couldn't be hinted at. Marvel clearly knows the driving momentum towards a multi-hero film series is what lifts all the scrub-level individual hero films up, otherwise these stories tend to be pretty repetitive or always a "reset to zero".

The next big bad is in Black Panther in November, which is likely the end of Phase 4 just like Thanos was introduced at the end of Phase 1.

sol_bad

With this mentality you're saying the MCU should be having huge cosmic and multiversal crossovers every 2 years or so.

Last edited:

jimmypython

Still the best D+ MCU show for me.

However, it would be so much better if they could separate three story lines into three seasons, and it'll be the perfect use case for stylish subtitles:

Season1: Ms Marvel and the Department of Damage Control
Season2: Ms Marvel and the Clan Destine
Season3: Ms Marvel and Red Dagger

Last edited:
I guess people hate a Muslim Pakistani-American teenager?

Which is funny since I no issue with her race and religion. I didn't find it preachy at all. I would have a huge issue with the show if it was preachy like TFATWS and Black Widow.

I genuinely enjoyed it, but I am originally from that part of the world so for me it was a lot of familiarity that enhanced the experience.

I'm not from that part of the world but my parents are. I can really relate to it despite not being Muslim Pakistani

I would say the weakest episodes even though I throughly enjoyed them is episode 4 and 5. It was nice to see that culture but I think it could have been edited down.

It's funny seeing all this undeserved hate this show is getting. I loved it
I personally have never hated this show. Even the powers changing never bothered me. I only wanted better for the show and all of the actors/characters involved. A lot of critics simply wanted the same thing, but they're being painted with a broad brush as being haters because the actual people downvoting and hating are muddying up everything.

All of the time travel, meeting Kareem's group, and the Naruto flashback stuff with her grandmother and Aisha should have been saved for a season 2. Season 1 should have just focused on Kamala and her family's life and culture in the city, with her learning her powers and secretly being a hero. Instead it's like someone pressed the fast forward button 3 episodes in and never stopped.

The best comparison I can make is when the Legend of Korra creators didn't know whether or not they would get a season 2, so they sped up a few crucial plot points and killed off a really well written villain just so they could try to wrap up everything possible. It's a terrible thing for a viewer when you can see this happening before your eyes and you know there must have been some internal issues that ruined a good thing.

I haven't even watched Thor yet but I've been hearing mixed things from friends about it. I don't know what's going on at Disney but this has been affecting Star Wars too. They're rushing too fast and simply need to slow down a bit. No one's double checking the writing for these shows to make sure everything flows well and sounds right. It's like the creation of Disney+ broke them.

Mikey Jr.

I dunno man. Bit off topic, but I always felt I was "up to date" with that was happening with the MCU.

But now with these shows, I feel so behind. I watched Wanda vision, but missed Loki, Ms marvel, falcon and winter soldier, Hawkeye, moon knight, etc.
It's hard to dedicate 6 hours to a show, especially shows that meander just to up the run time.

Hopefully I'm not missing too much context for the movies by not watching these.

I dunno man. Bit off topic, but I always felt I was "up to date" with that was happening with the MCU.

But now with these shows, I feel so behind. I watched Wanda vision, but missed Loki, Ms marvel, falcon and winter soldier, Hawkeye, moon knight, etc.
It's hard to dedicate 6 hours to a show, especially shows that meander just to up the run time.

Hopefully I'm not missing too much context for the movies by not watching these.
Don't watch Dr. Strange 2 without watching Wandavision. The other shows haven't had connective tissue to movies yet but I assume they will eventually, especially Hawkeye and Falcon/WS.

Last edited:
I personally have never hated this show. Even the powers changing never bothered me. I only wanted better for the show and all of the actors/characters involved. A lot of critics simply wanted the same thing, but they're being painted with a broad brush as being haters because the actual people downvoting and hating are muddying up everything.

All of the time travel, meeting Kareem's group, and the Naruto flashback stuff with her grandmother and Aisha should have been saved for a season 2. Season 1 should have just focused on Kamala and her family's life and culture in the city, with her learning her powers and secretly being a hero. Instead it's like someone pressed the fast forward button 3 episodes in and never stopped.

The best comparison I can make is when the Legend of Korra creators didn't know whether or not they would get a season 2, so they sped up a few crucial plot points and killed off a really well written villain just so they could try to wrap up everything possible. It's a terrible thing for a viewer when you can see this happening before your eyes and you know there must have been some internal issues that ruined a good thing.

I haven't even watched Thor yet but I've been hearing mixed things from friends about it. I don't know what's going on at Disney but this has been affecting Star Wars too. They're rushing too fast and simply need to slow down a bit. No one's double checking the writing for these shows to make sure everything flows well and sounds right. It's like the creation of Disney+ broke them.

Not you man. You actually have valid criticism.

Yeah that's understandable. I think Marvel Studios need to look at their shows and movies and figure out how many shows and movies should be released per year. I think they are taking on too much in a short amount of time. There is such a thing as superhero fatigue. The recent news about Lot of Special effects artists not wanting to work with Marvel due to crunch is pretty damning to say the least. Something has to change internally. I think Bob Chapek especially is gonna be a huge issue.

Last edited:

Doom85

Don't watch Dr. Strange 2 without watching Wandavision. The other shows haven't had connective tissue to movies yet but I assume they will eventually, especially Hawkeye and Falcon/WS.

Falcon and Winter Solider obviously sets up Cap 4.
Loki sets up the villain for Ant-man 3, not to mention explains how the current multiverse got started.
Hawkeye and Moon Knight mostly stand on their own for now but I’m sure Kate and Stephen/Marc will show up in a movie eventually.

They will connect to the movies, but they’re giving viewers plenty of time to watch them before a movie ties into them. I mean, I feel they assume if one has time to watch what is approaching nearly 30 MCU films then having a whole year or more to watch a show is enough time for most people to get around to them.

Top Bottom