• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MTV Presents: The Next Generation of Xbox Revealed | Xbox 360 Whinging Thread

SuperPac

Well, those games looked pretty unfinished and unoptimized. Reminds me of the first time Xbox games were shown at E3 and everyone was underwhelmed at things like framerates, etc.

I'm sure it'll be awesome once we get closer to launch.

siege

Banned
f_elz said:
PD0 looks... bland. Gears of War looks stunning. For fucking sakes Kameo looks better than PD0 :\.

Gears of War did look awesome, but did you notice how slow it was running? It looked like 5 fps or something. Call of Duty 2 was sluggish looking as well.

AB 101

Banned
What a major waste of time that was. It was a total joke!!!!!!!

How many fucking minutes of commercials did we have? Shit, they showed that stupid as Burger King/Star Wars shit twice during one interruption.

What did we see, about 2 minutes of total footage, maybe?

PD0 was average.

PG3 lookes pretty nice.

The MAdden footage looked pretty good.

Tony Hawk footage was craptacular.

What the fuck was the deal showing a mod of an existing XBox? Who gives a fuck?

Did we really need to endure 5 minutes of the Killers?

Tell me again why I wasted 30 minutes of my life on this crap?

-1000 MS

Okay Sony, you are next. Hell, your Powerpoint presentation is sure to blow this shit away.

Fuck you MS! :(

Did I hear right when they said that each character in PD0 only has 5,000 polys? Leon in Resident Evil 4 alone has 7,000 or so, and he looked like he had better texturing. In fact, all the enviroments looked almost untextured. What have they been doing for 4 years?

Horrible show someoen needs to get fired.

PD0 looked bad. Only games that looked good were Ghost recon 3 PGR3 and NFS:MW.

HOnestly why would they even show PD0 in that state?

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
lol, that was so weak, anything that wasnt cg looked like ass, i bet a lot of devs really didnt want that stuff to be seen

This sucked balls....it was zoom here zoom there...omg lights!!!..fuck...if i didn't really like the box then i would not want one...i'm gonna wait till E3....heh..

BuddyC

Sathsquatch said:
Did I hear right when they said that each character in PD0 only has 5,000 polys?
That's what I heard as well. I laughed.

I still can't get over that games reel. Whose bright idea was it to air footage of select games running at 10 fps? Yea, they'll get better as development progresses, but c'mon! Think!

Xenon

Right now in japan @ sony headquarters there has been an order placed for 360 gallons of saki and 360 hookers.

Nameless

The only things that would be worth noting were nothing but mock-ups and CG...Nothing running off 360 Hardware.. I suppose I should wait until E3 to offically throw the hammer down on the 360 but the games that were actually real time looked like things that even the PS2 is capable of...

After seeing this, theres no doubt in my mind about that EGM rumor that stated several devs were moving projects from the 360 to the PS3...

Project Gotham Racing 3 was definately the visual highlight of the show. That looked amazing.

But Perfect Dark Zero!? What was THAT!? How can the game STILL have a shitty framerate!?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Wow, what a waste of time. The whole thing was a commercial! I wanted to see the games, not people playing the games.

I was hoping Nintendo and Sony bought some of the commercial time to advertise their systems.

Awful. Just awful. I hope no one companies follow this path taken by Microsoft. Sure, it was a good idea, but it was poorly executed.

PD0 had bad framerates! This didn't make me excited for the 360. It just made me feel like I wasted my time.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Man, I want 30 minutes of my life back... What do The Killers and Ashley Simpson's boyfriend and Elijah Wood have to do with games? The majority of the games look rather mediocre, a couple friends who watched it said they don't look altogether like much of a step up from the original Xbox. That was the first I've heard of a new Tony Hawk though, the Perfect Dark game looks very weak, like the regular Xbox can handle it. (I didn't own an N64 and was pretty anti nintendo fanboy back in the day, so I've always thought Rare as really overrated). The system looks smaller IRL than it does in the pics, and it looks pretty shiny. I'd like to see the MistWalker games and the Miz's game before I reserve further judgement, but as of now, I'm really unimpressed.

fse

Sathsquatch said:
Did I hear right when they said that each character in PD0 only has 5,000 polys? Leon in Resident Evil 4 alone has 7,000 or so, and he looked like he had better texturing. In fact, all the enviroments looked almost untextured. What have they been doing for 4 years?

puck1337

:lol :lol :lol

Hey, it's an E3 TEASER, not a full on press conference. I don't know what anyone was expecting out of 1/2 hr on MTV.

Soul4ger

Can someone please explain what the point of that pre-rendered killers performance piece was? Was that supposed to be a tech demo, and someone just completely dropped the ball, or was that supposed to be like that completely asshole-stupid show that's on MTV 2 where they have rendered video game characters "performing" in music videos?

This was complete shlock. I have more questions that I did going in. Not even a hint of a release date or price. 2 seconds each of video game footage, most of which didn't even look like a leap over latter stuff this generation. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Gattsu25

Banned
that presentation was comedy gold...but the games, in motion, weren't the TOTAL failures you guys make them seem

NFS and Madden both looked great...though after seeing the other games I'm not so sure they were in-game and Gear of War looked nice, FPS aside :b

PDZ never happened :b

fse

media

Hideos...

DMczaf

nathkenn said:
lol, that was so weak, anything that wasnt cg looked like ass, i bet a lot of devs really didnt want that stuff to be seen

When are we going to see the real Madden 360?!

Jim

Anyone else catch that Tampon/Kotex commercial like 2/3 of the way in? (NY area)
Perfect product placement... good job MTV salesmen!

SuperPac

If it's taken that long for Perfect Dark Zero to move like that, then I fully expect it to miss launch. :) I mean, hell... Konker and Kameo looked more finished than that two years ago! :) Ah well -- system looks good!

My opinion on the games:

PDZ: Horrible, see other threads
Tony Hawk: Awful, lifeless
Quake IV: Looks OK, but terrible framerate
Call of Duty 2: Ditto
Ghost Recon: Good
Gears of War: Great, but awful framerate
Need for Speed: Great
Kameo: Looks good (better than PDZ), but no better than it did on Xbox
That NBA game & Madden: Good

MS had better have some tricks up its sleeve for the real show - I like the hardware design, and the Live feature set looks great, but the games...

Amir0x

Banned

Also, I think I speak for most everyone when I say that for the geek within us that was THE worst show possible.

Uter

Mr. Lemming said:
If I wanted to watch people who know only superficial things about games talk about games I would read this damn forum.

I can't wait to hear your non-superficial gaming opinions, and do give us a heads up when you plan on starting. Because given your previous record of posts, it is quite hard to say when, if ever, this might occur.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've never been more embarassed to be a gamer than after watching that special. My god.

I'm starting to think they wanted a community built console not a LETS BLOW MINDS WITH GRAPHICS CONSOLE...the tools they have for the community of Live and the way you get to connect 360 to your computer rocks. I think its made great progress in "entertainment" but as for graphics...well 1.5.

All of the hardware stuff that I have heard made the x360 sound pretty good, but it will mean nothing if they can't do more to impress with the games. If Rare can't get their shit together and release a good game for the system's launch, MS should bring down the hammer on them like Nintendo did with Retro. PD0 alone could ruin the image of the 360 in the eyes of most gamers.

jenov4

Hrm, after read through this thread, I don't think I'll bother staying up for the Canadian unveiling at 12:30.

And yeah, this forum is crawling right now. Can't wait until E3 comes around!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wait a sec...

That one poster said something to the effect of

Developers are scrambling to get their games running at a decent framerate

When he was talking about the xbox being cut in power by IBM... this makes me wonder if that was actually true after all that

Bishman

The show was 5/10. I wanted to see more game footage. And PD0 is a let down. When I saw the teaser pic of PD0 of the close up with her eyes being the main focus, I thought this game was going to be the best. I guess I made a mistake.

Uter said:
I can't wait to hear your non-superficial gaming opinions, and do give us a heads up when you plan on starting. Because given your previous record of posts, it is quite hard to say when, if ever, this might occur.

Just trying to fit in :)

VALIS

Some of it looked good and some (PD0, 'natch) looked bad. It will be the case for PS3 and Rev, too - some games will barely look different from the last generation. I would think everyone knows this already, but I guess not. I really have to wonder what people are expecting out of the next gen (and I'm talking about all three). Graphics will be a bit less jaggy, a little more detailed and a little more lifelike. They won't look like three dimensional ice cream vaginas, for fucks sake.

Top Bottom