• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Friend Who Bought The $1360 Alienware PC Rig Has A Confession To Make.......(A Hideo Kojima Confession)

Cato

Banned
Forgive me, Papi....
s8i7MPz.jpg

My child, Your transgressions are forgiven, thanks to the eternal love of the LORD.
But never turn your back to the LORD again.

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons.
12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.
14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.
15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs.
16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!
18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.
19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’
20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

1400 bucks is pretty cheap for a gaming pc, yet more for an alienware one.

A lot of non pc mains seem to forget, that in the end of the day a gaming pc is still a p, so you can do more things than gaming

Not-off-topic: Is Hidetaka Miyazaki the one from your nickname?

As should be bloody obvious to all, but sadly needs repeating, always do your research, with technical reviews and comparisons, before buying any tech.

PC's in particular are a nightmare of almost limitless choice and variety with very high prices, and what can be near identical specs on paper, delivering vastly different experiences in practice.

It's far toO easy to spend way too much on something that will be a huge disappointment, then hard to sell on, especially when new components and lime refreshes are released so regularly.

Last edited:

Dr Kaneda

Pre-built PC's are convenient but they're a joke price wise. If you can I'd always recommend buying parts individually and building it yourself, yeah it can be a bit of a nightmare but that's half the fun of PC gaming and you'll save a bunch of money.

T-Cake

Pre-built PC's are convenient but they're a joke price wise.

Not necessarily. Over the course of three months I was keeping an eye on the big PC retailers and I think I got an excellent deal on my Alienware. The SSD and liquid cooling config I got at an Easter sale was about £300 less than RRP and pretty much matched what I could have built if I did it myself.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Yow, pc gaming in not on laptops. I mean you can, but why.

Pc gaming is like proper console gaming. Stationary.

Leave mobile stuff to those who cant compete while not moving :messenger_sunglasses:

Dr Kaneda

Not necessarily. Over the course of three months I was keeping an eye on the big PC retailers and I think I got an excellent deal on my Alienware. The SSD and liquid cooling config I got at an Easter sale was about £300 less than RRP and pretty much matched what I could have built if I did it myself.
Yeah fair enough, on sale you can get a good deal.

Kadayi

Banned
I'm loving the idea that the reason for selling is on the basis of hypothetically one day working overseas . Even more so that OP has allegedly apparently poured a bunch of money into buying PC titles none of which they've touched. Does the OP realise that it's entirely possible to play a lot of PC games using a controller as well? Also will not be posting, but then proceeds to keep posting...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I have gone back and fourth on PC gaming over the years. Nothing really beats the plug and play of consoles, not fucking with settings no random shit just not working. It’s just a smoother experience.

Biggest upside to PC for me now is that I can game anywhere I want with my Laptop. Taking care of someone with dementia it’s much easier to move my stuff around to keep an eye on them then playing at a tv.

AGRacing

What the hell is a Radeon 570X?

Do you mean RX570 or 5700XT?

EDIT : I've found it - not a card I've seen in retail. Must be an OEM variant ?
Not a bad card for a simple gaming PC but a bit shy of what I would have gone for.... especially paired with that CPU.

Last edited:
Gaming PCs were worth every penny during PS360 years. The resolution, texures, AA, AF, Framerate made all 3rd party games much much superior to consoles. With consoles now having higher resolution, textures, and clean sharp image, the advantage of PCs is only framerate. That's if you care to play multiplayer games.

Kadayi

Banned
Wait, so you bought a gaming PC in January, didn't even open it until 6+ months later, and then after you did, you realized you didn't wanna make music anymore? And that's why you are writing off PC gaming?

This is more confusing than a Kojima game.

Maybe this is a like the plot of his next game? I mean how meta can it get? I just hope I get a cool actor to play my role in things 🤔

Be honest MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima . You saw the size of the RTX 3090 and got scared. You have wee dik energy now

With consoles now having higher resolution, textures, and clean sharp image, the advantage of PCs is only framerate. That's if you care to play multiplayer games.

Theres many reasons why PC is better. For instance, tell those people who are whining about buying Control PS4 why they aren’t getting Control PS5 for free. 🤣

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yeah, my "friend" who bought that PC rig was none other than MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima ......

giphy.gif

I finally realized how terrible this decision was and decided I will sell this piece of shit overpriced technology called a PC Gaming Desktop at a loss.

I'm expecting a big loss, especially the fact that I already opened it and used it once only. That must've dropped the value by a few hundred dollars at the very least.

Well, lesson learned and I promise myself I will never ever invest in PC gaming ever again. I'm shocked that people complain about the prices of consoles when this piece of shit PC Rig can't even run TLOU2 if they'd ever release it on PC.

I will NOT post anymore on GAF until I have sold every god damn item that I bought for this piece of shit hobby called PC gaming. It's a lie and don't ever fall for it.

7MLeoZ0.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
How in the hell did that warrant a “no homo” lmao. Hate to say it but nowadays you gotta go $2500+ on custom builds for the current gen of the pc experience and thats actually on the cheaper end of the spectrum just to make 1440p 120+ fps a reality for yourself. More like $3000-4000 for the 4k thing. Its an expensive proposition but i love it and now that ive experienced it ive turned my back on consoles (except ps5 resentfully speaking because i need those exclusives and thats the only reason truth be told ). I know i know “cool story bro” lol.
That's true. Gotta go at least 2k. And then 200usd PS4 have shadow of the Colossus and you start questioning life :p

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lets be honest I think the real fear is that he is worried he might develop a taste for it and abandon his console brethren and ascend full time to the Master Race.
For sure.

It's like sports. Some people will always root for the underdog. And for gaming, if that means supporting 720/1080p console gaming at 30 fps over a PC rig at double the res and frames, so be it.

Top Bottom