• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Friend Who Bought The $1360 Alienware PC Rig Has A Confession To Make.......(A Hideo Kojima Confession)

giphy.gif

Yeah, my "friend" who bought that PC rig was none other than MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima ......

giphy.gif

I finally realized how terrible this decision was and decided I will sell this piece of shit overpriced technology called a PC Gaming Desktop at a loss.

I'm expecting a big loss, especially the fact that I already opened it and used it once only. That must've dropped the value by a few hundred dollars at the very least.

Well, lesson learned and I promise myself I will never ever invest in PC gaming ever again. I'm shocked that people complain about the prices of consoles when this piece of shit PC Rig can't even run TLOU2 if they'd ever release it on PC.

I will NOT post anymore on GAF until I have sold every god damn item that I bought for this piece of shit hobby called PC gaming. It's a lie and don't ever fall for it.

You paid all that money, turned it in once and wrote the experience off? What happened!? 🤔
I'm simply not ready for that kind of experience yet.

I grew up playing on consoles and handheld gaming systems for two decades straight, no homo.

I realized a gaming laptop would've suited me better because atleast if I travelled across the globe and worked overseas, I can take it with me.

The Aurora R8 is a big machine, I can't fit it inside the luggage bag lol. It was a bad purchase and I spend $500 on music production software, realized I lost my creativity and aspirations for making music.

Hostile_18

Banned

I grew up playing on consoles and handheld gaming systems for two decades straight, no homo.

I realized a gaming laptop would've suited me better because atleast if I travelled across the globe and worked overseas, I can take it with me.

The Aurora R8 is a big machine, I can't fit it inside the luggage bag lol. It was a bad purchase and I spend $500 on music production software, realized I lost my creativity and aspirations for making music.

Might be worth keeping it for emulators to play all the console games you own at even higher resolution and better graphics etc.

Must admit I'm torn between PC and PS5 and posts like this make me not want to risk so much money. Especially with the PS4 experience been so good this gen 😊.

Last edited:
Might be worth keeping it for emulators to play all the console games you own at even higher resolution and better graphics etc.

Must admit I'm torn between PC and PS5 and posts like this make me not want to risk so much money. Especially with the PS4 experience been so good this gen 😊.
Save your money for the PS5 and buy one immediately this holiday season.

I get 0.1% commission on every 100,000 PS5 consoles sold.

Last edited:

You're taking him seriously? This thread is a testament to his insanity.

Not that his insanity is a bad thing, i like his personality. He is a good poster.

Besides the fact that it was pre-built and alienware, what was the problem that swayed your opinion and enraged you to the point of unyielding rage towards it?
I spend close to $1800 on the PC Rig and everything that comes with buying a PC rig (mouse, keyboard, etc).

I'm mainly raged against myself and the fact that PC gaming hasn't reached the affordability range that I'm comfortable with in comparison to console gaming.

A Gaming Laptop would've been great in hindsight because that would have lasted me years down the line and could take it with me around the globe incase I decided to move out of the country for a job.

A gaming desktop behemoth like this alienware rig I got is impossible to take with you.

I spend close to $1800 on the PC Rig and everything that comes with buying a PC rig (mouse, keyboard, etc).

I'm mainly raged against myself and the fact that PC gaming hasn't reached the affordability range that I'm comfortable with in comparison to console gaming.

A Gaming Laptop would've been great in hindsight because that would have lasted me years down the line and could take it with me around the globe incase I decided to move out of the country for a job.

A gaming desktop behemoth like this alienware rig I got is impossible to take with you.

So only after purchasing the desktop you realized that it was far too expensive and not suited for mobility. And then realized that a laptop would have been a more suitable purchase?

So only after purchasing the desktop you realized that it was far too expensive and not suited for mobility. And then realized that a laptop would have been a more suitable purchase?
Yeah, to make it short, I had a sudden burst of aspiration to change my life around so I bought this gaming desktop back in January on the basis that I spent my time making music and playing PC games on it.

Then I postponed opening the rig until last month and realized after several hours on it that it's not worth having something like this at all, for me personally.

The music software was the final blow for me because I realized how disillusioned I've become with music production. I lost $500 permanently from that shit and that's where the rage kicked in.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I am a PC gamer since I was 7(I am 31 now). Only had fake nes(but with real games) before that. I've had a new PC and parts every few years. The last upgrade was last year to 2k usd 3700x, rtx 2070, 4k monitor etc.
While it works fantastically, looks amazing is quiet etc.... I still find myself gaming more on simple 200usd PS4 slim I've got in 2017.
On pc, I can run games in 4k60 and it's basically dark souls trilogy machine for me. Most other stuff, I played on PS4 last year (exclusives).
Seriously, console is so cheap and simple to use. There are no settings, no decisions, no issues. Just You and a game. It was the same in 2006 when I got 360. I played the shit out of it. Games just ran and looked amazing at the time.
On pc there are always issues and so on no matter how much You spend on it. I have over 500 steam games though. I love PC gaming... But I do it for so long that I also hate it

Tschumi

Don't you see, MHK sama, that you can use that laptop to ORDER A PS5!

EDIT: that dude's exaggerated facial expressions remind me of my mother in law when she thinks she's winning a point

Last edited by a moderator:

Cato

Banned
giphy.gif

Yeah, my "friend" who bought that PC rig was none other than MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima ......

giphy.gif

I finally realized how terrible this decision was and decided I will sell this piece of shit overpriced technology called a PC Gaming Desktop at a loss.

I'm expecting a big loss, especially the fact that I already opened it and used it once only. That must've dropped the value by a few hundred dollars at the very least.

Well, lesson learned and I promise myself I will never ever invest in PC gaming ever again. I'm shocked that people complain about the prices of consoles when this piece of shit PC Rig can't even run TLOU2 if they'd ever release it on PC.

I will NOT post anymore on GAF until I have sold every god damn item that I bought for this piece of shit hobby called PC gaming. It's a lie and don't ever fall for it.

Sometimes it has to hurt for the lesson to be learnt. Now comeback to the fold and enjoy games like god intended. Either on PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 or PS5.
Your sins have been forgiven but do not turn you back at the light a second time!

How in the hell did that warrant a “no homo” lmao. Hate to say it but nowadays you gotta go $2500+ on custom builds for the current gen of the pc experience and thats actually on the cheaper end of the spectrum just to make 1440p 120+ fps a reality for yourself. More like $3000-4000 for the 4k thing. Its an expensive proposition but i love it and now that ive experienced it ive turned my back on consoles (except ps5 resentfully speaking because i need those exclusives and thats the only reason truth be told ). I know i know “cool story bro” lol.

Last edited:
How in the hell did that warrant a “no homo” lmao. Hate to say it but nowadays you gotta go $2500+ on custom builds for the current gen of the pc experience and thats actually on the cheaper end of the spectrum just to make 1440p 120+ fps a reality for yourself. More like $3000-4000 for the 4k thing. Its an expensive proposition but i love it and now that ive experienced it ive turned my back on consoles (except ps5 resentfully speaking because i need those exclusives and thats the only reason truth be told ). I know i know “cool story bro” lol.
I like your honesty, young man.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
God, I hate PC and it's expensive setup costs.

My friend is seeing a therapist now after spending over $3000 on his AMD Radeon 570X powered PC Rig.

Top Bottom