• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA : Virtual Console line-up for April (GBA games + SMB3 finally coming)

L~A

Nintendo PR :

April 3:
Advance Wars (Wii U, $7.99): Command air, ground and naval forces in strategic turn-based battles to drive back the vibrant armies of several scheming generals. Order troops carefully, then watch as tanks obliterate enemies and jets go head-to-head in midair dogfights. Can you fend off an army of elite strategists? It's your move.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U, $7.99): Leap and level up as Mario and Luigi simultaneously in their first role-playing adventure as a team of Bros. When an evil witch replaces Princess Peach's voice with explosives, the Bros. must venture beyond the Mushroom Kingdom to save her. Control each bro separately or together, then team up to unleash Bros. Attacks on Fawful's fan-favorite face.

Metroid Fusion (Wii U, $7.99): Your mission: Eradicate the X parasites and the mutants they infect. Power up with the Fusion Suit to annihilate your enemies in this action-packed side-scroller set on an isolated research station. Along the way, you'll find game-changing items like the Space Jump as you lose yourself in the blissful solitude of this eerily engrossing adventure.

April 10:
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (Wii U, $6.99): When the going gets tough, Kirby gets cloning. Call in colorful clone reinforcements to aid Kirby in blasting, bashing and smashing his foes. With a new menace at his side, Dark Meta Knight is corrupting the sprawling, mazelike Mirror Kingdom. Join the famous pink puffball on an adventure to save the land in this classic platformer.

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (Wii U, $6.99): Get ready for video games done Wario-style. In the game that started the WarioWare, Inc. empire, Wario has a plan to get rich quick. Skate, jump, scare and shoot your way through more than 200 frantic, rapid-fire microgames of every type, from retro classics to sports games to sci-fi shooters that anyone can pick up and play.

April 17
Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, $4.99): Jump, swim and fly through one of the greatest and most beloved Super Mario Bros. games of all time. In this timeless NES classic, you'll battle through over 70 baddie-infested courses and face off against the infamous Koopalings. Bowser and the Koopalings are causing chaos yet again, but this time, they're going beyond the Mushroom Kingdom and into seven neighboring worlds. Lucky for the brothers, they have more power-ups than ever before. Fly above the action with the Super Leaf, swim faster as Frog Mario or turn into stone and drop onto enemies as Tanooki Mario. You can even choose your path on the map to reach the end of the World. There, you'll have to pass massive Airships filled with cannons and fire traps to reach a showdown with one of the Koopalings.

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Wii U, $6.99): Get your adrenaline pumping and race plasma-powered machines till your knuckles turn white. Boost down some of the most dangerous tracks in the universe and strive for victory at all costs, even if it means ramming your opponents off the road. Revel in your accomplishments and climb the Grand Prix standings to unlock tracks and vehicles.

Golden Sun (Wii U, $7.99): Marvel at your own awesome power while protecting the world as it crumbles around you. Wield mighty weapons and use your mind to bend reality with magical Psynergy in the premiere installment of this epic RPG series. To aid you on your quest, seek out the omnipotent creatures known as Djinn - but beware: You must defeat them to harness their power.

April 24
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Wii U, $7.99): Yoshi is back, baby, and he's ready to romp through a crayon-colored world where enemies are everywhere. Prepare to flutter jump and toss eggs to protect young Mario from the evil Magikoopa, Kamek. To save the day, Yoshi and his pals will have to morph into vehicles and even EAT their enemies to turn them into eggs. Umm ... yum?

maxcriden

Prices seem very reasonable. I'll stick with the actual GBA carts on a DS Lite though, these seem like they'll be a bit too dark. They look impressive blown up, though.

m0t0k1

8 for gba games? haha nope i really want to buy more vc games but they are more then twice i am willing to pay for them. i would buy nes games at 2 gb games at 2 gbc games at 3 gba games at 4 and snes also 4. If they price it that way i could easely spent 20 without thinking twice but at these prices i buy maybe one every 2 years.

Guesong

Soooo basically most of the games are the ones I already have as a 3DS Ambassador?

How hard can it be to unleash a plethora of VC Games!? :(

Rocky

Banned
Yeah, it looks like another VC ripoff from Nintendo. Really glad I have most of those GBA games on my ambassador 3DS.

Murrah

Banned
Disappointed in prices and the fact that half of these are 3DS ambassador games, but Superstar Saga alone makes it all worth it

I'll just get mario & luigi and golden sun

already have metroid fusion , Kirby and wario

kinda steep price though but with GBC pricing I wouldn't expect it lower then that

DS games will probably be $15-$20

Tadale

I took the title to mean that the GBA version of Mario 3 was coming. If that every happens, Nintendo needs to find a way to include the ereader levels. It's a real shame that there's no reasonable way to play that full version right now.

radcliff

So the completely inferior GBA version of Super Mario World is going to be the same price as the SNES version? Oh, Nintendo!

Good selection of games, though.

So the Yoshi's Island...is that close to the SNES game? I was hoping we would get the SNES game but I suppose it is about the same?

Murrah

Banned
So the Yoshi's Island...is that close to the SNES game? I was hoping we would get the SNES game but I suppose it is about the same?

SNES version is definitely superior, but the GBA port is serviceable, especially since it looks like we're never getting the original on VC anyway. The new levels ain't shabby either

Its ok, better than nothing?

I can't see the SNES one happening. If it ever was going to surely they would have done it loooong ago.

phanphare

Banned
nice! definitely picking up Superstar Saga. I think this is probably psychological or something but somehow $7.99 seems like too much but $6.99 would be just right. even though they're only a $1 apart...

Tybolt

Banned
Anyone taking bets on how many months it'll be before a second set of releases or Nintendo forgets about the GBA library entirely?

I'm actually more surprised Nintendo released a line-up calendar for anything VC-related, honestly.

ALM5252

Only in Japan so far. But that's one of the most likely to come soon after the first batch.

I was hoping it would be here during the launch of GBA VC.

I might get Advance Wars, but I'm not sure. Anyword on multiplayer for some of these games? (Probably none I'm sure)

RPGamer92

Banned
Anyone taking bets on how many months it'll be before a second set of releases or Nintendo forgets about the GBA library entirely?

I'm actually more surprised Nintendo released a line-up calendar for anything VC-related, honestly.
To be fair this is a lot of releases in one month.

sfog

What are some differences between SNES SMW and GBA SMW?

The GBA version has the Mario Bros. update from all the other Mario Advance ports, anytime saving (not just after a castle or ghost house), Luigi has the floatier jump from SMB2, inferior music and sound quality, and there's an extra statistics menu that shows whether you've found the hidden exits and Yoshi coins in each level.

I think that's about it.

Murrah

Banned
What are some differences between SNES SMW and GBA SMW?

It keeps track of Yoshi coins you collect (and turns them into Princess peach coins if you get them all), instead of going from cape or flower Mario to small Mario when you take a hit you just go to big Mario, and Luigi has his higher jumps and slideyness. Oh, and all the characters have their obnoxious voices like all the other Mario Advance games sadly

Metallix87

The GBA version has the Mario Bros. update from all the other Mario Advance ports, anytime saving (not just after a castle or ghost house), Luigi has the floatier jump from SMB2, inferior music and sound quality, and there's an extra statistics menu that shows whether you've found the hidden exits and Yoshi coins in each level.

I think that's about it.
Yoshi eggs from eating enemies and fruit now produce different results depending on which color Yoshi you are riding in the GBA version.

Top Bottom