• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix alters the DEAL! no more basic...ads incoming

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I especially hate watching catch up and having the same fucking 5 adverts on every ad break. Yes channel 5 I understand your sponsored by simba mattresses but I DONT FUCKING WANT ONE!
That's the weirdest thing about all these moves to advertising. Half of the services can't get enough advertisers and so have the same ads every break sometimes looped within a break, or just have dead air with a 'we'll be right back' message. Even weirder is that if you experience either you will find yourself wishing for a normal ad break with varied ads and no dead air.

jason10mm

Gold Member
That's the weirdest thing about all these moves to advertising. Half of the services can't get enough advertisers and so have the same ads every break sometimes looped within a break, or just have dead air with a 'we'll be right back' message. Even weirder is that if you experience either you will find yourself wishing for a normal ad break with varied ads and no dead air.
Agreed, it's so odd that major car, drug, cosmetic, alcohol(? allowed on streaming?) companies rarely if ever show up. You'd think it would be an easy win versus the few telephone and totally random stuff we do get. Hell, I'd take cereal and toy commercials just for some variety! Or movie trailers, anything really. Worse thing is if you rewind past the break and then have to sit through it again, ugh. It it is just dropped in at 5 min with no consideration of what scene it's about to break up.

JayK47

Just drop Netflix. They make either shit shows or ruin any decent ones they have. You guys reward bad behavior.

Durien

Anyone else on here old enough to remember you got cable so you had access to movies and TV with no ads..
utLph8g.jpg

Top Bottom