• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIg1jrz.gif

Big One

Banned
So it uh...takes place before Revival of F?

Goku's costume is the same costume he had in the Special, isn't it? Where he was farming?

NeonZ

Beerus and Whis are there, but no blue SSJ (Goten and Trunks also still look like they did in Buu Saga and BoGs)... so, this should start after BoGs but before RoF? I'm disappointed with this choice, but let's see what the show will be about...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So Beerus and Whis were there and Gohan looked like a total nerd but Trunks and Goten looked still small and Goku went normal SSJ. So...what is this?

Big One

Banned
Goku's costume isn't new btw. I just looked it up. It's from the Yo! Son Goku Special.

qGlqwxu.jpg

So Beerus and Whis were there and Gohan looked like a total nerd but Trunks and Goten looked still small and Goku went normal SSJ. So...what is this?

Takes place in between Battle of Gods and Revival of F

Krillin has hair and Yamcha is in his GI last panel. This is clearly right after Buu but why so Beerus awake.

Well at least in this time period Goku and Vegeta aren't at ridiculous levels of power yet.

Astral Dog

Beerus and Whis are there, but no blue SSJ (Goten and Trunks also still look like they did in Buu Saga and BoGs)... so, this should start after BoGs but before RoF? I'm disappointed with this choice, but let's see what the show will be about...

They said a foe more powerful than Frieza will appear, its supposed to be after Revival of F.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Krillin has hair and Yamcha is in his GI last panel. This is clearly right after Buu but why so Beerus awake.

The last panel isn't from the show, it's the sponsor pic. So it can feature whatever.

But if it's after Battle of Gods then Goku and Vegeta should already be training under Whis and not have yellow hair. And it can't be before BoG because Beerus was asleep. I think the first episode will be right after Buu and then we'll switch to after Revival of F.

Kaze Kyou

It's after Revival of F, guys. The official synopsis even spells it out.

Although that said, disappointed that Goten and Trunks aren't at least in teen form, like Gohan in the Bojack movie.

Although that said, disappointed that Goten and Trunks aren't at least in teen form, like Gohan in the Bojack movie.

Goku going regular Super Saiyan makes no sense with it being after RF though, and Goten and Trunks should be at least a little older looking too. Something weird is going on and I think we need a lot more context for what we're seeing here.

Big One

Banned
I hope that preview is pretty much exclusively from the first episode, so we can move onto End of Z content. I mean I would be good to have an explanation to what happens to Goten and Trunks before Revival of F. That's probably what the first episode is about.

SCChappy

Banned

Yes, but that doesn't mean the first episode or two are right after RoF. From that clip it's clear that it isn't.

Big One

Banned
Once I think about it, was it ever explained why Goku and Vegeta are randomly training with Beerus and Whis? What if the first episode explains there is a villain coming that everyone needs to train for? Golden Freeza was just a sidestop to the bigger picture, perhaps?

I hope that preview is pretty much exclusively from the first episode, so we can move onto End of Z content. I mean I would be good to have an explanation to what happens to Goten and Trunks before Revival of F. That's probably what the first episode is about.

I guess that's possible, Goten and Trunks just look like they're training and no real action happened, maybe all we just saw was "Here are some things that happened between Buu being killed and end of Z", but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Mortemis

Banned
Once I think about it, was it ever explained why Goku and Vegeta are randomly training with Beerus and Whis? What if the first episode explains there is a villain coming that everyone needs to train for? Golden Freeza was just a sidestop to the bigger picture, perhaps?

it's goku and vegeta tho, when have either ever needed a reason to train.

someone like gohan training would demand a reason, not them

Goku and Vegeta don't need a reason to train, they do it no matter what.

Now if Gohan starts training then you know shit is about to go down.

Mortemis

Banned
I guess that's possible, Goten and Trunks just look like they're training and no real action happened, maybe all we just saw was "Here are some things that happened between Buu being killed and end of Z", but I'm not getting my hopes up.

i hope so. i'm cool with a quick 'this is what's been going on' episode and then a jump into a time-skip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom