• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
i'd like the show to be more technique based, that'd make my boy krillin useful again. rip shit up with his cunning cowardice.

Kito

All of their stories are done though, this is just a shallow cash cow.

I would've preferred a future Trunks spinoff in a post-Android world. Absolutely no Goku or Vegeta.

YES!

now we can officially forget about GT and any sort of comment about " canon " that always appears.

We will finally see the real future of DBZ. Can't wait!

Hopefully they keep the Battle of God's visual style for the new series.

So July in Japan, wonder how long it will take to hit in the US?

Bishop89

please be the goku/vegeta show.
Dont waste any time on gohan. No idea why people like him. Right up until he turned ssj2, he was a whiny little bitch. And after beating cell, he becomes a nerd. Then he becomes great saiyaman, and is basically useless throughout the whole buu sagas.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Why? I thought BoG and RF had great animation, RF especially, and RF had so much lols.

To each their own. I personally did not think it was that good. But really, it's an overall thing. I don't like the feel of those OVAs. The style of it is too different from the original style. Which would be fine if the original animation sucked, but it didn't. It was great. Forgot to mention: I don't like the music either, but I don't want to start a new debate on this particular issue.

The only thing that's better in my view is that they don't reuse frames of animation as much as they used to in the old show... Although, come to think of it, the old OVAs didn't do that too much either.

Tesseract

Banned
i want an entire episode about the daily drummings of vegeta and bulma, arguing over what to eat for dinner and shit.

i want this.

I can see this being bad. I'm still really interested to see where they can take the series without doing more of the same thing.

The whole multiple universe thing that Bills talked about in BoG could be interesting.

Dont waste any time on gohan. No idea why people like him. Right up until he turned ssj2, he was a whiny little bitch. And after beating cell, he becomes a nerd. Then he becomes great saiyaman, and is basically useless throughout the whole buu sagas.
I'm sure that's all it will be.
Although I'd like to see some use for Gotenks, but Goten and Trunks aren't exactly warrior minded.

Yeah, fuck Gohan. Hopefully he continues to get one shotted every episode as if he's as strong as Krillin.

NeonZ

Toriyama went with Kuririn, Roshi and Tenshinhan in Revival of F rather than Goten and Trunks, so they could end up more important than before here. On the other hand, he didn't give them any power ups either, while giving power ups to Goten and Trunks would be much easier.

The should just make Great Saiyawomen canon, and have Krillin join as Great Saiyaboy. Boom semi relevance.

Yamcha can babysit Pan while the adults fight crime.

I just want more Videl TBH.

Alienous

i'd like the show to be more technique based, that'd make my boy krillin useful again. rip shit up with his cunning cowardice.

I remember this being stated in the Revival of F thread, but Krillin is the most courageous character in Dragon Ball. He gets scared but he knowingly enters fights where common sense and history tell him he'll die. He never skips a battle.

LogicStep

So a new series with I'm going to guess up to date new animation? After Buu? Damn this is going to be great! I hope they make it a fun ride, they seem to have learned a lot throughout the years judging by Battle of the Gods and the upcoming movie.

Aiii

So not worth it
at least we all agree that :

gohan was a mistake, he's nothing but trash

We do not.

tumblr_ljoczadptg1qf8kb8o1_500.gif

Malajax

I feel like we're in so deep already it'd be near impossible to fix. Failing setting the new show a long time ago in a galaxy far away (which I would totally be down for) the ship has sailed.

Dragon Ball has already interacted with this problem with new material. For example in a special released over 5 years ago, a remnant of Freeza's army shows up and thinks he's hot stuff. None of the characters take him seriously and they let the kids (Goten and Trunks) take care of him for awhile. Toriyama has already acknowledged how ridiculously powerful these characters are and made it a punch line! Failing the comedy angle, these characters are interacting with Gods now, who are literally on an entirely different level. Failing that, we have whole other universes to interact with.

And if all that fails, we have Goku as a character. He's amazingly powerful, and he loves to fight. He'll bring his power down to have a fun, interesting and fair fight because that's what he loves to do. In the absence of large scale threats and the like, this is what he's been doing for years at this point to train and have fun. That's a cool trait to have, and I know Toriyama will take advantage of it.

Frog-fu

Banned
Everything DB since Battle of Gods has been awful so I can't say I'm particularly happy with this. Toriyama should lose the rights and go work on Kintoki instead of ruining DB. He's in "Darth Ickey" territory at the minute.

Mabufu

Banned

That's the problem. Gohan was the most badass character ever when beating Cell.
Then they turned him into 'that'. Gohan SHOULD HAVE TAKEN the protagonism from Goku.

And I hope it does now, or at least Goten does it. Goku and Vegeta can retire.

params7

Banned

Well I agree with the first part. DB was more about martial arts where DBZ was about beams with higher power level.

Maybe this one can go back to fighting techniques trumping power levels. But that doesn't make sense anymore.

Josh7289

EDIT: I can't read. It's overseen by Toriyama. That gives me more hope.

Okay, it may have a different name, but bring on AF!

Even the Great Saiyaman could've been cool, they could have basically made a Spiderman show for a while but they fucked it up. Oh man I hate the Buu saga.

Crocodile

Starts in July

No PV or even character designs for the returning cast or any new characters

We have the chief director and some producers but no other staff

This is not filling with a ton of confidence now that I start thinking about this

Tesseract

Banned
That's the problem. Gohan was the most badass character ever when beating Cell.
Then they turned him into 'that'. Gohan SHOULD HAVE TAKEN the protagonism from Goku.

And I hope it does now, or at least Goten does it. Goku and Vegeta can retire.

vegeta beat cell, your heart knows it

I think Toriyama crafted the story and script long before when dbz cell saga and buu saga was airing, but IDK he needed rest or something or a fresh start and now when fans had lost hope they triggered the bommmb.

Heroman

Banned
I think Toriyama crafted the story and script long before when dbz cell saga and buu saga was airing, but IDK he needed rest or something or a fresh start and now when fans had lost hope they triggered the bommmb.
That would require AT to plan shit so that's wrong.

So wait, Toriyama is writing this new series? Niiiiicccccceeee.

Can't wait to watch the new series in 10 years - because this is probably how long it'll take to bring it into the west. We didn't even have a release of Battle of Gods in Germany yet....

Crocodile

So wait, Toriyama is writing this new series? Niiiiicccccceeee.

Can't wait to watch the new series in 10 years - because this is probably how long it'll take to bring it into the west. We didn't even have a release of Battle of Gods in Germany yet....

LOL not is this age of streaming. I'm sure dubs in local languages will follow within a year of the show's start too

I think thats in the best interest of toei and Toriyama to launch a new series when DB's popularity is surging, they cashed out on the business of revival F.

Afterlife

Whoa this is freaking great. Best news to wake up to that's for sure. I'm going to miss SSJ4 now that GT seems to be non canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom