• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FlatOut game in development for PS4, Xbox One & PC

Endless

Strategy First & Kyloton Entertainment to Develop all new multi-platform Flatout racing game

Strategy First Inc., a PC and Mobile games publisher celebrating its 26th year, is proud to announce the development of an all new FlatOut racing game expected for release in 2016.

Strategy First is proud to announce the development partnership with Kylotonn Entertainment. The Paris based studio Kylotonn Entertainment has developed a high profile in the racing and destruction racing genre. The latest in the beloved demolition derby style racing game franchise, the new FlatOut game will be made available for multiple platforms including PC, Xbox One, Play Station 4 and more.

After receiving numerous offers from great developers worldwide, Strategy First is confident that Kylotonn Entertainment will deliver the FlatOut experience that fans have been waiting for. The All NEW FlatOut will be the most ambitious title in the franchise’s history. For that to happen, Strategy First and Kylotonn have invited the online community to get involved in the creative process. Over the course of the next few weeks and months, Strategy First and Kylotonn Entertainment will announce a variety of ways in which the online community may help shape the all new FlatOut game.

“FlatOut is our most important franchise. There is a strong vocal community that have numerous constructive ideas and suggestions on what they would like to experience in an all new FlatOut. We would like to invite anyone who is a fan of FlatOut to be part of the process. We are excited about our partnership with Kylotonn Entertainment“, says Strategy First Director Emanuel Wall.

“Strategy First and Kylotonn will create an exciting FlatOut experience. The online game community will still have everything that originally made FlatOut such a great title. While at the same time we here at Kylotonn will introduce and create new experiences and moments that we think people will love,“ says Roman Vincent, Director of Kylotonn Entertainment.

Ongoing information on the all new FlatOut will be made available soon.
We cannot wait for the all new FlatOut to be available. When content creators and content consumers work together, everyone benefits by creating a superior, enduring, and fun game.

About Strategy First

For 26 years Strategy First is a worldwide publisher of entertainment software for PC and Mobile.The company is known for its proprietary ground breaking titles, such as the award winning “Flatout Racing” ™ ‘Ghost Master’ ™ “S.C.S. Dangerous Waters” ™ The company provides unique opportunity for independent developers seeing to market their games to a worldwide audience. Opportunities include work for hire, financing of a product and general publishing opportunities.

About Kylotonn

With more than 25 games released, Kylotonn has a solid reputation in the video game industry. For 12 years, all our titles are powered by our in-house real-time 3D technology, Kt HD. Composed of racing enthusiasts, our team's strategy is to gradually specialize in the racing games genre.

SparkTR

After FlatOut 3 I completely lost interest in the series. It's absolutely worthless without Bugbear. No matter what happens with Wreckfest, that will remain the actual Flatout successor.

SmokyDave

Nothing. Completely differrent developer.
Yeah, I know. I was thinking more that if they release at a similar time, it'd be awful for Wreckfest to have to go up against a much bigger name, especially as it's the spiritual name that ought to be attached to Wreckfest.

Still, I've bought Wreckfest and I'll buy this so all is well for me.

Harmen

Not familiar with the franchise, but I am happy there is at least an attempt to make a game in this genre at this day.

Xater

Ok....I'll just keep my focus on what's happening with Wreckfest. Without Bugbear this isn't particularly exciting news, and especially not with this developer.

red731

I was like "WHAT!" and then I've learned that BB isn't involved.

They have their .... in EA now. I would be livid if they would move on something else.

salromano

I wonder if it's this? http://www.kylotonngames.com/pages/games.php?page=nextproject

That's a "Next Project" page that's been up on their website. No title, but it's a car game.

screenshot_nextproject_01.jpg

screenshot_nextproject_02.jpg

screenshot_nextproject_03.jpg

screenshot_nextproject_04.jpg

screenshot_nextproject_05.jpg

screenshot_nextproject_06.jpg

screenshot_nextproject_07.jpg

SparkTR

Yeah, I know. I was thinking more that if they release at a similar time, it'd be awful for Wreckfest to have to go up against a much bigger name, especially as it's the spiritual name that ought to be attached to Wreckfest.

Still, I've bought Wreckfest and I'll buy this so all is well for me.

Wreckfest already sold more on Steam than the prior FlatOut game did. Name doesn't mean anything when your product is terrible, especially if it's put out by a publisher that has barely any marketing resources.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Strategy First will remember to pay the developer this time around.

Rolfgang

First I got excited. Then I read it wasn't made by Bugbear. Then I found out about Wreckfest. Now my life has meaning again.

aravuus

In my reality, Flatout is a series consisting of only two games: Flatout (1) and Wreckfest.

Feels like Wreckfest's development has been a bit slow though, hopefully they'll actually release a finished, polished product some day. I've been waiting for a proper online Flatout since I played Flatout the very first time.

KHlover

Banned
In my reality, Flatout is a series consisting of only two games: Flatout (1) and Wreckfest.

Feels like Wreckfest's development has been a bit slow though, hopefully they'll actually release a finished, polished product some day. I've been waiting for a proper online Flatout since I played Flatout the very first time.

You don't like Flatout 2 and Ultimate Carnage? whatswrongwithyou.jpg

low-G

Wreckfest already sold more on Steam than the prior FlatOut game did. Name doesn't mean anything when your product is terrible, especially if it's put out by a publisher that has barely any marketing resources.

Not having the name nor the quality didn't hurt Wreckfest...

All you need is an idea

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
No Bugbear no sale. Absolutely worthless without them.

Whilst Wreckfest has issues I'm still confident Bugbear will release a damn fine game eventually. I have no hope for this Flatout game. Hopefully I'm wrong!

canedaddy

This thread led to disappointment when I saw no Bugbear, but at least I now know about Wreckfest. Any chance that will come to consoles?

_machine

Kylotonn is also making the next official WRC game. I have my doubts, but it should be noted that they got Mark Reynolds of Simbin fame (QA on GTR, since one of their goto physics guy on Race 07 and RRE) as their physics consultant.

Komo

Banned
How did I only just hear about this now?

Not liking the sounds of it so far. If only BugBear wasn't so focused on their overpriced tech demo

Tapejara

Oh God, Kylotonn is making this? I liked The Cursed Crusade, but even then that was a terribly flawed game. Motorcycle Club was just awful.

Skyzard

Banned
Will probably get this. Need some more high budget arcade racers on pc...I was counting on nfs, unfortunately.

How did I only just hear about this now?

Not liking the sounds of it so far. If only BugBear wasn't so focused on their overpriced tech demo

They were changing engines...which made it worse imo - graphics (check the tech demo), and performance iirc, maybe even the damage itself. I can only assume it's for a console port.

I asked in the forum about the graphics vs the tech demo, which isn't on the newer engine I don't think - and they said they will add time of day and not to worry...but I have my doubts that's all it is, maybe not though. It's still alright anyway. But yeah, they got work to do... on pc.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw a video of Motorcycle Club. Yikes. Bizarre in every sense, bad graphics, weird handling, speed looks made up (0 to 100kph in like 1 second, while looking like half), animations look almost stop motion,sport bikes sounds like a food processor, cruisers like an untuned radio, there's no concept of gearing, that's from a 5 minute video, I'm sure it doesnt get any better lol.

Dinjoralo

I was sceptical the moment I saw Strategy First in that announcement. They have published a crap ton of shovelware on Steam.

Top Bottom