• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gotham Knights Trailer (Gamescom 2022)

Sleepwalker

Is this part of the arkham universe? Mr freeze looked almost identical, so does this take place after arkham knight?

anthony2690

Is this part of the arkham universe? Mr freeze looked almost identical, so does this take place after arkham knight?
It does indeed.

I'm kinda amused this game got it's release date brought forwards whilst everything else is getting delayed :p

Last edited:
Nope, not a sequel, not the same universe, according to WB themselves.

Coincidence

EDIT: upcoming suicide squad game is both however.... Continuation of the arkham universe

Last edited:

anthony2690

Nope, not a sequel, not the same universe, according to WB themselves.

Coincidence

EDIT: upcoming suicide squad game is both however.... Continuation of the arkham universe
This is its own separate universe from Arkham Knight. Suicide Squad takes places after it.

Really? I genuinely thought it was a part off it, as they showed off the ending too Arkham Knight, in an earlier trailer, or did I imagine it?

I went and found the trailer! Haha

But yeah, good point, I was wondering how she could walk now tbh, thought maybe it was the suit haha

Certainly seems similar, but this is from their q and a on the official website

Q:Is Gotham Knights connected to the Batman: Arkham series?
A: No. Gotham Knights is an all-new, original story and experience set in DC’s Batman Universe. It is not connected to the Batman: Arkham games.

anthony2690

Certainly seems similar, but this is from their q and a on the official website

Q:Is Gotham Knights connected to the Batman: Arkham series?
A: No. Gotham Knights is an all-new, original story and experience set in DC’s Batman Universe. It is not connected to the Batman: Arkham games.
Thank you, appreciated, I spent all this time thinking they were linked the past couple years haha.

Katajx

I’m finally starting to see this as more of its own universe and that’s a good thing.

Looking at recent gameplay and yeah there are some similarities, but the control scheme is different and the design is definitely too.

Played Arkham Knight over the weekend and am glad to be past UE3. There are definitely advancements and I am starting to appreciate the style change.

AdamTank83

Neo Member
It does indeed.

I'm kinda amused this game got it's release date brought forwards whilst everything else is getting delayed :p
And when did this release date get brought forward? I know it was internally delayed, then rebooted according to Jason S at Bloomberg? but I've never heard of the release date being brought forward. October was the only release date ever announced that I've ever believed, I think it was 2021 at some point also but not sure

Last edited:

anthony2690

And when did this release date get brought forward? I know it was internally delayed, then rebooted according to Jason S at Bloomberg? but I've never heard of the release date being brought forward. October was the only release date ever announced that I've ever believed, I think it was 2021 at some point also but not sure
They literally brought the release date forward 4 days during gamescon lol.

I know it has had numerous delays in the past.

Larxia

Really? I genuinely thought it was a part off it, as they showed off the ending too Arkham Knight, in an earlier trailer, or did I imagine it?

Think you imagined it

Barbara Gordon is a cripple in arkham knight lol, she's a main character here
That's just Warner being warner... They always take the weirdest decisions, just like how they terribly manage their DCEU movie series, where they can't keep a stable continuation between the movies and it's a mess.
For some reason they are just really bad at making connected medias and always take decisions that make no sense.

anthony2690 anthony2690 You are totally right about that trailer. If you watch it after beating Arkham Knight, it completely fits and really feels like a sequel to the ending of Arkham Knight, but Warner decided that it's not officially part of the Arkham universe, it's not canon in it, for whatever reason.

C CaptainSlayAHo Barbara Gordon did actually heal in comics, she got surgery and regained the usage of her legs. There are stories with her becoming Batgirl again, Gotham Knights could be like that, and it therefore could still, theoretically, make sense in the Arkham Universe.

I wish it was actually part of it, it's really stupid that it isn't, even if all signs of the game point at it being part of it. Nonsense.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Hey guys, let's make a game about a team of heroes but then we'll just not let the gamers play as a team, and make it single player instead!

- WB's mentally dissonated board of directors, probably.

EDIT: I had read that the game wouldn't have coop at all. If it does then it's alright.

Last edited:
I hope that it’s still a fun single player game. I have young kids so it’s difficult to find time with someone else to play coop.

Larxia

Hey guys, let's make a game about a team of heroes but then we'll just not let the gamers play as a team, and make it single player instead!

The game has a coop mode though, unless you're meaning more than 2 players, but it's not "single player" only.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I think the hate for this game is way overblown.

Day one for me.
Yeah honestly looks great. Seems extremely polished (from what we've seen anyway).

People on this board don't know what they want lol.

Wut? This game is made specifically with co-op in mind. Did you post in the wrong thread?

Last edited:

Wish they actually had.

Have the 4 throughout the city doing different things and occasionally overlapping. When you beat the first story you go to another player and play through theirs.

Instead we get one story and you just choose any hero/heroes going through the same story beats regardless who you are playing as

Shout out to co-op assholes (wink wink) ruining another game

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Looking forward to the co-op in this one, looks alright.
Definitely trying to target last gen consoles at the beginning held this game back graphically, not a big deal though.

AdamTank83

Neo Member
I'll be buying this day 1. I have no self control. 🙃

Just don't know if I want to play as Tim or Dick.
I read this without the "as" and "or" and had a S on Tim. Don't know why, maybe because mentioning the whole self control before that. Sorry, I'll stop now. I'll keep my thoughts to myself next time

Top Bottom