• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New info on Stellar Blade dropped. Inspirations, combat, costumes, and more.

daclynk

Trandroid apparently
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

BossLackey

Gold Member
Full list of details:
- Single player game
- Linear game mixed with semi-open world areas
- Inspired by NieR: Automata
- Combos, parries and evasion play a big role in combat
- Gameplay requires you to carefully asses enemy movements
- Difficulty can be adjusted
- Boss battles are a key element
- Each boss has a unique attack pattern
- Includes long range weapons
- Help restore the city of 'Zion' and its residents
- Receive side quests from NPCs in town
- Will have fishing!
- Eve has 20-30 costumes
- Adam and Lily also have costumes
- There will be rare costumes
- Collect costume material and designs in-game
- Costumes can also be purchased in towns
- Inspired by Battle Angel Alita and Blade Runner
- Inspired by other games such as Sekiro, Bayonetta, God of War and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

giphy.gif

Me too. Most of their exclusives I don't care about.
yep. btw, the 3 exclusives justifying my ps5 purchase were demon's souls, ghostwire: tokyo, & r&c: rift apart. but, to the extent that ghostwire's no longer exclusive, & rift apart was awful, leaving demon's souls as the single ps5 exclusive over 3 years that i've actually enjoyed? i really shouldn't by my own standards even own a ps5 right now. oh, well...

Go_Ly_Dow

Posted in the other thread.

Latest DF podcast on YouTube and Oliver says it's running on UE4 at 60fps, all be it with some dips. Not 100% confirmed but good if that's the case or at least an option.

Asmongold has the worst taste in games ever. Solid dude though.
I agree. Enjoy his takes and he's bizarelly entertaining to watch, but his actual taste in games is boring to me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope the goty comments are just in jest, because none of the gameplay footage looks as smooth as any of the games it takes inspiration from.
We don’t know that until we try out game ourselves, Automata got huge publicity once they released demo and everyone enjoyed the combat in that game.

but agree that is waaaaay too early for GOTY talk for this game. Doesn’t matter how attractive the main character is the game has to deliver on its combat.

I personally thought the combat looked fun based on the recent trailer.

Bkdk

Had the western studios won’t do ugly female chars so often, stellar blade would probably be like lollipop chainsaw level of success, now though, it will be 🔥!

peronmls

It’s like a very polished mediocre game. I can’t describe it. I bet the story is boring and anime as hell.

Eiknarf

Banned
Looks like the costumes are purely cosmetic. They don’t affect the combat.

And it seems Eve is human, not an AI character or robot

Top Bottom