• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Quantum Break Impressions & Previews

Henkka

Banned
Looks cool, but...

Time vision, really?? Heh. It doesn't really look like the game mas major stealth mechanics, so I wonder why they thought it was necessary to have this ability.

Whompa02

It's cool that the physics are there. Of course it is another TPS, but hearing it decribed as a really good Max Payne game with more on the fly improvisation sounds really promising to me.

This is not another The Order, which is what I feared.

God...dont remind me...The Order hurt so badly...so much potential.

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like a love or hate case from the previews.

Need more info :)

Edit - The new footage seems to be inferior to what we saw at Gamescom... are they running on PC before?

RowdyReverb

Looks cool, but...

Time vision, really?? Heh. It doesn't really look like the game mas major stealth mechanics, so I wonder why they thought it was necessary to have this ability.
Might have some stealth sections, but that wouldn't make for an exciting preview video. I can imagine that at some point in the game there will be enemies better avoided than fought. Like those gorilla things in MGR

EvB

That looks exciting, I'd seen previews and stuff so far, but nothing that had really grabbed me beyond it looking pretty and it coming from a respected developer. That's changed today

I love how when he's hit with bullets hits. His aiming gets knocked off and that he's reacting to it. Especially great to see the enemies aremt bullet sponges

Whompa02

The Order always looked like crap.

They could have pulled off something great. It never looked, "like crap" but the lack of any significant gameplay showings made people skeptical...unfortunately the skepticism was met appropriately for release.

Montresor

Love this destruction. Sorry for the crappy quality.

W6qYyE.gif

27878910.jpg

Mifec

They could have pulled off something great. It never looked, "like crap" but the lack of any significant gameplay showings made people skeptical...unfortunately the skepticism was met appropriately for release.

It always looked like a silly teach demo that wouldn't deliver on the gameplay front, everyone called it, it turned out to be true.

harSon

Banned
Looks like any other 3p shooter with the addition of time powers. Not feeling it.

You could make this same complaint about pretty much every game in existence. "Crackdown looks like any other open world GTA clone, except with super powers."

One thing seems for sure, the A.I. is not as simplistic as it first seemed to be. You can't be sitting behind cover for long, that's clear and i like that. I wonder how the other parts now look that we've already seen. You know, basically the very first footage with the bridge and everything.

Vlaphor

Maybe someone can explain this to me, because I don't understand this yet. They keep talking about an "in-game tv show", but everything I've seen just looks like live-action fmv cutscenes that can be slightly different based on what you do in the game.. Is it just a marketing term, or is there something that truly differentiates them from regular cutscenes?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Maybe someone can explain this to me, because I don't understand this yet. They keep talking about an "in-game tv show", but everything I've seen just looks like live-action fmv cutscenes that can be slightly different based on what you do in the game.. Is it just a marketing term, or is there something that truly differentiates them from regular cutscenes?

From my understanding, it's basically cutscenes but they play out like a TV show, but different choices can leads to different 'versions' of the episode, and the show transitions into gameplay segments.

Dusk Golem

Wow! How on earth do MS make any money out of them!? I remember Alan Wake taking ridiculous time too.

Small studio being able to work well with a budget, and good sales.

Alan Wake has sold over 5 million copies, Alan Wake's American Nightmare has sold over 3 million copies.

Jito

Banned
Still not all that interested in this sadly, which sucks as I love Remedy games. Every video just looks like a nice enough looking shooter but everything has been set in warehouses, car parks and factories. Why are all the locations so uninteresting? Hoping it changes it up a lot in the final game.

I'm still not seeing the big hook of the time abilities either, nothing as fun as just diving around in slow mo like Max Payne. Now it's all about putting bubbles on top of people and shooting them?

Only watched one gameplay video, but something looks very off during the gameplay. Can't quite put my finger on it though. Either way I'm excited for it, gonna check some more of the gameplay later to see if I get that same feeling. Graphically I think it looks great.

Dusk Golem

Still not all that interested in this sadly, which sucks as I love Remedy games. Every video just looks like a nice enough looking shooter but everything has been set in warehouses, car parks and factories. Why are all the locations so uninteresting? Hoping it changes it up a lot in the final game.

I'm still not seeing the big hook of the time abilities either, nothing as fun as just diving around in slow mo like Max Payne. Now it's all about putting bubbles on top of people and shooting them?

In the new videos, we see a university location, a skyscraper futuristic business empire, downtown streets, and a park/cemetery.

Theorry

Really like this kind of enemies with their teleporting. Like they said cover isnt really a option is this game because you get rushed.

ElatedYawningBull.gif

Ricker

Only watched one gameplay video, but something looks very off during the gameplay. Can't quite put my finger on it though. Either way I'm excited for it, gonna check some more of the gameplay later to see if I get that same feeling. Graphically I think it looks great.

Thats what I meant when I said downgrade...the gameplay 1 video looks weird,hopefully youtube compression and what not but the characters look shrunk or something lol...not sure what it is...

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRvU0DmMMDM

nib95

Banned
Looks awesome. In these videos the powers don't look as unnecessarily visually over encompassing, so you can actually more clearly make out what's going on. Not sure I like the idea of the (20 minute?) long TV episodes or whatever, and feel it could really take players out in terms of momentum and pacing, but as long as the rest of the game is good it should make up for it. I love that the weapons have a lot of recoil, but hopefully that can be managed and headshots are still effective.

You have way more abilities than just time bubble. Time dodge in particular looks really cool. If they can mix that up with interesting enemies it seems to offer way more variety in the moment to moment combat than Max Payne.

Dusk Golem

Can't watch the vids.

Oh my, just know that the GamesRadar dude is by far and large the person in the gameplay videos most confident at the game, the second one being IGN but by somewhat of a margin.

It's very interesting to observe how they play the game in the videos and how that may color their opinion of the game. Most of the GIF's people are making in this topic are from GameRadar's video though since they seem to have the most mastery of the game's mechanics, time skills, and general playing. The others get swamped a lot, hide behind cover too much, etc.

Top Bottom