• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

If this guy’s info is legit, seems like DualSense will have quick charging. Makes sense with USB-C. I hope the cable included with PS5 is USB-C to USB-C.

sWYnKsF.jpg

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I don't know why you are wasting people's time with all this rubbish about exclusive games and pricing.

#The only thing people want to know from you is, are you buying bugsnax day one?

I will have such a backlog of games I want to play again just to see what they do I dont really see any launch titles I must have right now.

I hear Ghost of Tsushima is getting a day 1 patch for next gen this I will replay entirely.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I will have such a backlog of games I want to play again just to see what they do I dont really see any launch titles I must have right now.

I hear Ghost of Tsushima is getting a day 1 patch for next gen this I will replay entirely.

I'm right there with you on this. I will DEFINITELY replay GoT if it gets a PS5 patch. I'm even listening to the soundtrack while I work sometimes. Just awesome. Does make me a bit sad that Naughty Dog handled their story so badly (from my perspective). It just made that game not very fun to play and not something I'm excited to play again. Oh well. You can't put out winners EVERY time...not that will please EVERYONE. I'm sure there are plenty of people that just LOVED TLOU2.

Sinthor

Gold Member

I personally don't get the obsession with 60FPS. With games that are a ton of fast paced action- sure. But something like TLOU2, I don't think would benefit much if at all from 60fps. Maybe Ghost of Tsushima for the action sequences, but still I thought a steady 30FPS was JUST FINE. Sure, eventually that will probably be standard as technology continues to evolve. But unless it's a game that really benefits from it, I'm fine with having more eye candy as long as the 30fps is SOLID.

FeiRR

Banned
I'm right there with you on this. I will DEFINITELY replay GoT if it gets a PS5 patch. I'm even listening to the soundtrack while I work sometimes. Just awesome. Does make me a bit sad that Naughty Dog handled their story so badly (from my perspective). It just made that game not very fun to play and not something I'm excited to play again. Oh well. You can't put out winners EVERY time...not that will please EVERYONE. I'm sure there are plenty of people that just LOVED TLOU2.
I'm exactly the opposite. TLOU2 is my game of the generation and I wouldn't replay GOT with a patch. Different tastes and all.

Last edited:

INC

Gold Member
I personally don't get the obsession with 60FPS. With games that are a ton of fast paced action- sure. But something like TLOU2, I don't think would benefit much if at all from 60fps. Maybe Ghost of Tsushima for the action sequences, but still I thought a steady 30FPS was JUST FINE. Sure, eventually that will probably be standard as technology continues to evolve. But unless it's a game that really benefits from it, I'm fine with having more eye candy as long as the 30fps is SOLID.

Input lag says otherwise

pasterpl

Looks like that's not working for Xbox division so far.

based on what sataya Nadella is saying since 2017 Xbox division is generating billions of dollars in revenue and it is profitable, seems to be working just fine, otherwise why would they invest lots of money into new studios and developing a new console? I know it is not popular with majority of people on this forum but being 2nd - 3rd in the console race is not that bad if you are growing (revenues)and being profitable.

3liteDragon

Looks lovely, although I suspect there will be some frustrations with the small buttons that could get hit on accident. But then again, they probably tested that already.
Battery life on my DS4 is ass rn, barely lasts an hour. Hopefully DualSense with all those features, lasts longer. And I don’t really see the point in adding LEDs for the buttons anyway, you’re gonna have even more battery drain, you’re not gonna be looking at the controller while playing a game and you know where the buttons are located without looking too.

Commitment to Azure.
In data centers, CUs matter more than clock.
Exactly.

I think the main reason (just my guess) MS went with 52 CU's for Series X is because they're also gonna be using those APU's for xCloud servers as well. Series X's APU is capable of running 4 Xbox One S game sessions simultaneously, and when it comes to server-based computing, there's nothing better than more parallel processing (AKA adding more CU's instead of increasing clock speeds).

Last edited:

GAF machine

Gold Member
I was saying this with @Gamernyc78 pages back. Somehow out of the chaos of PS3. Sony still found a win. The CELL weeded out who were super programmers & who were average.And the devs that were super programmers are now the PS studios. Was that luck or what??

It wasn't luck, it was a predicted outcome...

"The Cell processor will completely change the concept of programming." -- Ken Kutaragi

the-future-of-cell-b-e-l.jpg

"There are a lot of hidden powers in our system. You may be familiar with GPGPU and PS4 has a lot more GPGPU processing in it, which is difficult to learn and master, similar to a Cell processor." -- Shuhei Yoshida

0351_4ij9t.gif

Last edited:

I really like this DF video, I am not agree in each point but in general yes, my God I even agree with Alex.
giphy.gif

Even when I want to be agree with John about remove the version of Xbox one of Halo I think this is basically a suicide with
your community, so they have to their best releasing a crossgen title.

FeiRR

Banned
Battery life on my DS4 is ass rn, barely lasts an hour. Hopefully DualSense with all those features, lasts longer.
Dude, you should get a replacement battery. It's just a few screws and it's detachable, you don't even need to solder the wires. Second revision of DS4 give 5-6 hours with the LED dimmed.

And I don’t really see the point in adding LEDs for the buttons anyway, you’re gonna have even more battery drain, you’re not gonna be looking at the controller while playing a game and you know where the buttons are located without looking too.
That's what I always say about illuminated keyboards :D

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Xbox Series X might be on the shelves before November 13th!

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Launches Day 1 on Xbox Series X!
Just announced on Inside Xbox, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, an explosive new entry point in the acclaimed Yakuza series, will be releasing as a launch title on the next-gen Xbox Series X*. Yakuza: Like a Dragon will also be available as simultaneous release on the Xbox family of devices, including Xbox One X*, Windows 10 PC*, PlayStation 4, and Steam*.

Now, all we need to do is check the Xbox storewhich conveniently tells us the Xbox One game is out on November 13th, and as this is a simultaneous launch across all platforms that is also the day one release for Xbox Series X version, ergo the console must be landing on shelves sometime between 1st and 13th of November.

We also checked the PlayStation Store and that has the same date, November 13th.

kyliethicc

Would replay both, loved them.

This is the big question I have left for PS5. Will we get free patches for TLOU2/GOT (and more Sony games) to run at 60 FPS?

I know Jim Ryan said TLOU2 will be playable day 1 on PS5 with backwards compatibility, but I assume that will still be 30 FPS. Maybe at 4K instead of 1440p.

I loved TLOU remastered on PS4 for the 60 Hz, so I hope we get that option for Part 2.

And will the multiplayer be on PS4 or just PS5? Naughty dog usually go with 60 Hz for their multiplayer, so I hope thats the case.

FeiRR

Banned
This is the big question I have left for PS5. Will we get free patches for TLOU2/GOT (and more Sony games) to run at 60 FPS?

I know Jim Ryan said TLOU2 will be playable day 1 on PS5 with backwards compatibility, but I assume that will still be 30 FPS. Maybe at 4K instead of 1440p.

I loved TLOU remastered on PS4 for the 60 Hz, so I hope we get that option for Part 2.

And will the multiplayer be on PS4 or just PS5? Naughty dog usually go with 60 Hz for their multiplayer, so I hope thats the case.
I honestly don't see any logical reason for a slow-paced third-person game like TLOU to be 60 Hz. What for? RT effects, better shadows, even higher quality textures and even smoother animations, yes please. 60 FPS? Waste of resources.

THEAP99

Banned
Do you guys think that Sony and Microsoft are engaging in corporate espionage right now in order to try and figure out the price of one another’s console?

kyliethicc

I honestly don't see any logical reason for a slow-paced third-person game like TLOU to be 60 Hz. What for? RT effects, better shadows, even higher quality textures and even smoother animations, yes please. 60 FPS? Waste of resources.
Yeah it’s not needed, but you ever play The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 Pro? It’s beautiful and so smooth. If all things are equal, I’m always gonna prefer 60 over 30.

But don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Part 2 is only 30 Hz on PS4 because it allowed the devs to use the hardware in other ways. It’s so good on PS4, but if they patch it on PS5 and offer a 60 Hz option, I’ll try it. I love playing God of War with the higher frame rate option on PS4 Pro.

SamWeb

I was saying this with @Gamernyc78 pages back. Somehow out of the chaos of PS3. Sony still found a win. The CELL weeded out who were super programmers & who were average.And the devs that were super programmers are now the PS studios. Was that luck or what??

omg that's logic is... :messenger_hushed::messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_tears_of_joy: It sounded like; who is the strongest in this gym? Probably a head coach...))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom