• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeiRR

Banned
Yeah it’s not needed, but you ever play The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 Pro? It’s beautiful and so smooth. If all things are equal, I’m always gonna prefer 60 over 30.

But don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Part 2 is only 30 Hz on PS4 because it allowed the devs to use the hardware in other ways. It’s so good on PS4, but if they patch it on PS5 and offer a 60 Hz option, I’ll try it. I love playing God of War with the higher frame rate option on PS4 Pro.
Of course I have and I didn't see the point in it. They did it because they could. Now we can have other things like RT. I doubt they can include both at the same time.

With GOW I agree, it has fast combat so 60 Hz is beneficial and it's good to have a choice.

kyliethicc

Of course I have and I didn't see the point in it. They did it because they could. Now we can have other things like RT. I doubt they can include both at the same time.

With GOW I agree, it has fast combat so 60 Hz is beneficial and it's good to have a choice.
Oh yeah I’d prefer ray tracing be added, I just doubt they would. I expect it to be basically the same engine, just upped to full 4K or maybe 1800p 60.

Wouldnt they have to rework their lighting engine to ad RT?

Do you guys think that Sony and Microsoft are engaging in corporate espionage right now in order to try and figure out the price of one another’s console?
Not because is was so easy we already should have a price, that is why everytime you read about an insider think this, if was so easy to get info of a big
company the stock exchange will be a piece of cake.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Can you find some of those tweets or posts ( probably from ERA )?

EakO96yU8AELsa2

sjGbUxd.png

I still cant find the one tweet where he went all out but this should be good enough.

DaGwaphics

I really like this DF video, I am not agree in each point but in general yes, my God I even agree with Alex.
giphy.gif

Even when I want to be agree with John about remove the version of Xbox one of Halo I think this is basically a suicide with
your community, so they have to their best releasing a crossgen title.

I'm gonna screenshot this for future reference.

DaGwaphics

EakO96yU8AELsa2

sjGbUxd.png

I still cant find the one tweet where he went all out but this should be good enough.

He was supposed to be reputable, so, I bought into his hype. I think Eastwood and some of the others did as well, that's why we were so boisterous heading into the reveals. :messenger_beaming:

I wonder if these were things he actually believed, or if he had some bone to pick with MS and overhyped intentionally?

EakO96yU8AELsa2

sjGbUxd.png

I'm not trying to make up excuses for Shinobi but he was partially right. The show could be exciting for anyone who can't differentiate a CGI teaser from proper gameplay. It also had fantasy worlds (Fable, Everwild, Avowed), reboots (Halo and Fable), but it didn't had a big sci-fi. This makes me think, since after the event some people said some games that were supposed to be shown were pushed back to closer to launch. I don't expect these games to be launch titles, but I'm curious to know if it is the big sci-fi he mentioned.

By the way, Shinobi is prey to the Era curse, he must be nice to everyone and keep the mask so he must be positive all the time, lol.

JonnyMP3

I'm not trying to make up excuses for Shinobi but he was partially right. The show could be exciting for anyone who can't differentiate a CGI teaser from proper gameplay. It also had fantasy worlds (Fable, Everwild, Avowed), reboots (Halo and Fable), but it didn't had a big sci-fi. This makes me think, since after the event some people said some games that were supposed to be shown were pushed back to closer to launch. I don't expect these games to be launch titles, but I'm curious to know if it is the big sci-fi he mentioned.

By the way, Shinobi is prey to the Era curse, he must be nice to everyone and keep the mask so he must be positive all the time, lol.
It's kinda sad and pathetic , watching these ex-gaffers that made their names here, like Shinobi and Zhuge, all just suck up to the corporate ass and cozy about to get info but actually have now become a corporate mouth piece.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
were these insiders all around for the release of the last generation of consoles or are they all new.

Are there any really credible people.?

kyliethicc

i was hoping 400 for the diskless one but every day i keep telling myself its not going to happen. Tech is to damn good.

Anything over 400 is DOA for me cry. fins crossed
Same. By selling my PS3 and PS3 games back in 2014, I got my PS4 for under $200. I still have that PS4 and a PS4 Pro, so I could probably get around $300 by selling those. So that would mean I’d only net spend $100 to $200 for the PS5, depending on if it’s $400 or $500. That’s good enough for me.

I want that PS5 headset too, and that’ll probably be $150, maybe more. So if I can get the system and the headset combined for less than $400 after I sell my old systems, I’m sold.

This is why I do care somewhat about PS5 back compat, because I can sell my PS4 faster if I can just move everything over to next-gen.

Mr Moose

Seeing as this is a speculation thread, time to speculate.
Is it possible Sony have acquired timed exclusivity for Starfield and/or Elder Scrolls VI.

I say this after seeing other Bethesda titles such as Ghost Wire Tokyo and Deathloop also being timed exclusive.
I don't think they would bother just yet, they are far from release (probably 3+ years), but maybe later on since they seem to be cosying up.

sircaw

Banned
Shinobi used to be, think Zhuge ad well... Hell even Sunhilegend started here. Dunno about anyone else though.

I just don't feel like i have got anything credible or concrete, i feel everything is so vague.

New game is a shooter, ok
New game is a Sci fi game, ok
New game is just another vague description

I think SlimySnake SlimySnake really summed it up well, dont trust these cunts.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
were these insiders all around for the release of the last generation of consoles or are they all new.

Are there any really credible people.?

It is easier now because no E3 and no timeframe because of Covid19 and everything changing. Basically insiders season. They all jumped on the opportunity of spreading fud for fame/followers. And it actually works.

yewles1

Sell your body. We have a lot of demand for fish before Christmas here. I could help.
Oh please, not that, the sheer thought of it...

JonnyMP3

I just don't feel like i have got anything credible or concrete, i feel everything is so vague.

New game is a shooter, ok
New game is a Sci fi game, ok
New game is just another vague description

I think SlimySnake SlimySnake really summed it up well, dont trust these cunts.
And that's why I said earlier up in a previous post that it's sad they've become a corporate mouth piece from what they used to be.
But social media boomed in this past decade and anyone follows anyone these days.

sircaw

Banned
Oh please, not that, the sheer thought of it...

Fuck my ps5 i am going there, laters

Post note, I was looking at all the hot women, then I saw I was on the menu, literally. SIgh.

Probably need like 500 bucks a cocktail, Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem need your gold dune camel Mastercard plz

Last edited:
I was just joking since I know you can be a critic.
Yes is true I critic but that doesn't mean I need to be disagree with all, for example I love the
work of John in general and I like their tools to measure.

The last videos of Alex I really like it, I just don't like when Alex play to be an authority
in game dev because the guy is far of be that even many indie devs has more knowledge
in the "how to" than the entire DF team together.

Btw I agree with Alex the consoles will need something similar to DLSS if they don't want to left
behind when the RT start to be heavily used, could be inferior but they need something similar
or at least show they have so NVIDIA don't use DLSS as its definitive weapon.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom