• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. People that think these huge rpgs aren't coming to PS are fuelling themselves. Yea they spent 7.5 billion but at the end of the day the MS division has to see a return on that investment or come close to it. If they don't then Phil is gone.

I also suspect this deal was pitched to Nintendo and Sony and they either put in a bid or didn't see any value. My guess is they did bid and that's why you have the 7.5 billion over pay by MS.
you can't be very serious, right?
R.O.I by definition is not blowing up 7.5b investment in order to maybe get 100m from ps5 sales, at best.
Microsoft games are available on xbox and pc, via subscription or direct buy, and to a whole lot of other devices via xcloud subscription.
Playstation marketshare is simply out of the equation as significant

I expect this things in BC mode from Sony not from Microsoft because they didn't stop talking about the BC.

giphy.gif

Vae_Victis

Banned
Is this already known info or new?
It's a bit of both, I think the new info comes from a press release given by From Software to some Japanese event or festival?

It's basically nothing anyway, until we have at least a clue of how the gameplay actually works I don't think any of this is really enlightening to anybody.

Dabaus

Banned
Some 4chan rumors I saw someone post. I dont believe 4 chan rumors but with everything going on i wouldnt be surprised if someone at sony was feeling disgruntled and deiced to spill the beans.

>Kenichiro Yoshida has been extremely frustrated with Jim Ryan, from the censorship policy that nearly tarnished the playstation image among japenese developers to TLOU2 financial failure, the PS5 surprised preorder as well as Undermining the Xbox Gamepass (when PS5 games are 70$) was the final straw to Jim's Position.

>Jim Ryan will Step down before March 2021, with Shuhei Yoshida Taking Over as the Head of Playstation, his First Priority would be to Reverse the Censorship Policy (in Japan at least, to fix the PR image among Japanese devs), as well as Merging PS+ and PSNow Under a single Umbrella to Counter the Xbox Game Pass.

>TLOU2 was a Financial failure, the announced budget was 100M$, but it was more than that, closer to 150-200M$ because of Covid-19, The Game Delay from May to June, as well as Sony Paying the Game Journalists to give it high scores (mostly to undermine the Leaks by the now Former Naughty Dog Employee), the game is selling for 20$> at major retailers.

>Naughty Dog is being reconstructed, with lower crunch time after the Leaks from the Mistreated Employee, Niel Druckmann is in Talks with Amy Hennings to patch things up, their next project (FPS) will have a Limited budget compared to their previous titles (LOUS2 still behind Break-Even).

>The Silent Hill Rumors are True, it Will Be Reveled in TGA 2020, Sony Tried to Purchase the IPs (Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill) around 2017 for 1.5B$ but Konami Rejected the Offer, wanted at least 3B$ which is too high for such properties.

>Sony Knew about the Microsoft/Zenimax acquisition Talks since 2019, they Offered 3.5 Billion for Zenimax but Microsoft Undercuts them around January with 7.5B$, thats why they Secured for two timed exclusives Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo (The PS5 Starfield Time Exclusive Situation had nothing to do with the acquisition, Todd Shut Down the Offer Himself).

>GOW2 is no Where near a Presentable State, it Will Skip TGA2020 (which is why Silent Hill Reveal Was Delayed), there's a high change it would be Delayed to 2022 even with crunch time, will have a timeskip and Atreus/Loki is Bisexual.

• >Japan Studio AAA Sci-Fi Adventure (Codenamed Rayspace) Was in Development Hell, the game started Development since 2015 for the PS4, and it was almost canceled in 2018 until Shuhei Yoshida stepped in himself, Moving the Development to the PS5 Developed by Tsutomu Kouno, will Feature Gundam Style Characters to Appeal to the Japanese Audiences, will be Revealed in 2021 and scheduled for release in early 2022.

>Sony has already signed with Kojima Productions and Bluepoint for acquisition, Announcement in December.

Dolomite

easily one of the most anticipated titles ever but horseback, humm i hope it's not got to be a massive feature of the game as in combat-related. i don't want a souls type game running around bosses on combat like Darksiders 2.

please don't make it like that, please.
Yeah the mounts parts through me off as well. I'm hoping they manage to keep the same weight to combat and animation thier known for with mounts

Montauk

Some 4chan rumors I saw someone post. I dont believe 4 chan rumors but with everything going on i wouldnt be surprised if someone at sony was feeling disgruntled and deiced to spill the beans.

>Kenichiro Yoshida has been extremely frustrated with Jim Ryan, from the censorship policy that nearly tarnished the playstation image among japenese developers to TLOU2 financial failure, the PS5 surprised preorder as well as Undermining the Xbox Gamepass (when PS5 games are 70$) was the final straw to Jim's Position.

>Jim Ryan will Step down before March 2021, with Shuhei Yoshida Taking Over as the Head of Playstation, his First Priority would be to Reverse the Censorship Policy (in Japan at least, to fix the PR image among Japanese devs), as well as Merging PS+ and PSNow Under a single Umbrella to Counter the Xbox Game Pass.

>TLOU2 was a Financial failure, the announced budget was 100M$, but it was more than that, closer to 150-200M$ because of Covid-19, The Game Delay from May to June, as well as Sony Paying the Game Journalists to give it high scores (mostly to undermine the Leaks by the now Former Naughty Dog Employee), the game is selling for 20$> at major retailers.

>Naughty Dog is being reconstructed, with lower crunch time after the Leaks from the Mistreated Employee, Niel Druckmann is in Talks with Amy Hennings to patch things up, their next project (FPS) will have a Limited budget compared to their previous titles (LOUS2 still behind Break-Even).

>The Silent Hill Rumors are True, it Will Be Reveled in TGA 2020, Sony Tried to Purchase the IPs (Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill) around 2017 for 1.5B$ but Konami Rejected the Offer, wanted at least 3B$ which is too high for such properties.

>Sony Knew about the Microsoft/Zenimax acquisition Talks since 2019, they Offered 3.5 Billion for Zenimax but Microsoft Undercuts them around January with 7.5B$, thats why they Secured for two timed exclusives Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo (The PS5 Starfield Time Exclusive Situation had nothing to do with the acquisition, Todd Shut Down the Offer Himself).

>GOW2 is no Where near a Presentable State, it Will Skip TGA2020 (which is why Silent Hill Reveal Was Delayed), there's a high change it would be Delayed to 2022 even with crunch time, will have a timeskip and Atreus/Loki is Bisexual.

• >Japan Studio AAA Sci-Fi Adventure (Codenamed Rayspace) Was in Development Hell, the game started Development since 2015 for the PS4, and it was almost canceled in 2018 until Shuhei Yoshida stepped in himself, Moving the Development to the PS5 Developed by Tsutomu Kouno, will Feature Gundam Style Characters to Appeal to the Japanese Audiences, will be Revealed in 2021 and scheduled for release in early 2022.

>Sony has already signed with Kojima Productions and Bluepoint for acquisition, Announcement in December.

Does GAF never get tired of unsourced, unverified rumours? You realise that eventually if any of this is true that you'll hear about it, right? You don't need to waste your time endlessly speculating about this stuff.

sircaw

Banned
Yeah the mounts parts through me off as well. I'm hoping they manage to keep the same weight to combat and animation thier known for with mounts

Maybe it will be needed just for general purpose battle, or you need to ride into a battle to kill some boss commander etc while armies are fighting around you, lord of the rings kinda vibe, that would be cool.

Or maybe its like uncharted the lost legacy drive around in the car and park it at every entrance, i guess that sounds more logical.

Alt-boy fan dream. Nothing wrong in dreaming but... yeah fake.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned

I don't believe a single letter 🤣

Entroyp

TLoU 2 financial disaster ROFL

Nickolaidas

COUGHCOUGHHORSESHITCOUGHCOUGH

Neo Blaster

Why no hype for TGS?

Is It a really a ghost show with nothing relevant?

I Hope the rumous about PS5 being showed with UI demisntration and features is true tho
It's not rumour, that info was posted on PS Blog Japan. They're having an event on YouTube from today till October 4th, and Japanese youtubers will have a hands on PS5. They will probably disclose their impressions after that.

zaitsu

Banned

I know some things from there are BS for 100%, so probably rest of them too.

Trash.

Loxus

Saying TLOU 2 was a Financial failure alone makes this sound like rubbish.
Lets say 3 million copies at $60 each, that's $180 million and it sold more than that.

Dabaus

Banned
TLoU 2 financial disaster ROFL

The last of us 2 received alot of negativity when the story leaked and has recently fallen off the sales chart despite only launching in june, its predecessor sold 20 million, and the first one was also given away in PS Plus. The fact that the sequel has fallen off the charts this quick isnt a good sign. Sure maybe some of the things on there arent believable, but the last of us 2 being a failure isnt unbelievable.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

you can't be very serious, right?
R.O.I by definition is not blowing up 7.5b investment in order to maybe get 100m from ps5 sales, at best.
Microsoft games are available on xbox and pc, via subscription or direct buy, and to a whole lot of other devices via xcloud subscription.
Playstation marketshare is simply out of the equation as significant
They made that in the first week of release on PS alone.

Yeah, well, Geoff’s not getting his console on launch day anyway, so sucks to be Geoff in the end! 🤣🤣
poor bro Geoff didn't get a PS5 from sony. Jim should've sent Geoff one.

it reads like fan fiction. yo

The last of us 2 received alot of negativity when the story leaked and has recently fallen off the sales chart despite only launching in june, its predecessor sold 20 million, and the first one was also given away in PS Plus. The fact that the sequel has fallen off the charts this quick isnt a good sign. Sure maybe some of the things on there arent believable, but the last of us 2 being a failure isnt unbelievable.
TLOU2 isn't a financial failure, but I can imagine it not performing up to Sony's standards. It is the sequel to a game that sold over 20 million (figure as of October 2019), so for the game to drop off this early is not encouraging.

NEbeast

This is a xbox fans wet dream, it all sounds fantastical.

Last edited:

Grodiak

Didn't it sell like 4m copies the first weekend? I doubt the sales after that have been.... zero :D

demigod

Lol, what a bunch of FUD. How the hell do you go from $150mil to $200mil in a span of a couple months for development due to covid? Censorship happened before Jim Ryan.

Edit : Also whoever wrote that fudged up the > < . Think they meant to say TLoU2 is less than $20, which it has never been.

Last edited:

zaitsu

Banned
Care to expand what is BS?
You don't see that ?
Some statments you can check with public data.
Tlou2 sold 4mil copies for 60$ each in first 3 day thats 240mil in 3 days.
Even if budget was higher than 100mil( which it isn't ) like in youre post thats still more than even, and in singlepayer games standard very good revenue. In first 3 days .

So the problem with this rumor is anyone who written that is basically so dumb he even didnt bother to make it realistic from mathematic point of view.

It's just x- man FUD.
Also i think Sony is pretty much satisfied with pre-orders and Jim Ryan isnt going anywhere. At least for few years.

They made that in the first week of release on PS alone.
Fallout 4 made ~3.00.000 sales during launch period on ps4s , when there where ~40million ps4s already sold.
Lets say StarField launches next holidays.
You'd be looking at 10-15million ps5s , and with the ratio of ps4 sales that would be 800.000 to 1.200.000 copies, meaning sales $50mil to $80mil gross, a.k.a PEANUTS
Nadella will probably decapitate anyone that fool inside microsoft to make such a STUPID suggestion, even if figures were quadrupled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom