• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is just now entering beast mode.

I’m probably there day 1 for switch 2, but i’m enjoying my switch more than ever right now and there were a lot of games today that appealed to me.

Like dq1-3, dkc, zelda…

Content on switch has been firing on all cylinders just these past 2 years where the quantity feels like it’d hitting the levels of where it should be for a combined portable+home console strategy.

I just got a Switch Lite used in very nice condition for €80, and it’s ultra nice in fairness. Being able to play all these games natively on a portable that tiny is still ludicrous to me. Why do we need a switch 2 exactly? Better gwaphics?

Last edited:

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

Švejk

Still no Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Oracle Remakes, ports of OoT and MM 3DS Remasters or Xenoblade Chronicles X. Still pretty limp to me.

Aldric

I'm really interested in what they have in store for Switch 2.

Say what you want about them but at this point they're the only ones who still come up with interesting gameplay concepts among the big devs.

The new content is good, the remasters are dull. The resolution is not amazing. Sure. These games are all fun, but it would be nice to have at least 1080p standard with a tad bit more fidelity.

Last edited:
The new Zelda game and Mario party game has me intrigued but sometimes I feel like I live on a different planet when it comes to Nintendo output. Their mainline Mario/Zelda games, while still great, aren't as great as previous gens. I know marvel vs Capcom was a new announcement but counting that they showed off 3 remakes.... And not to mention their last game released was, you guessed it a remake.

I personally wish switch had more and better games on it. Nintendo always seems to be absolved from any type of blame or criticism and yet, it's been my least play Nintendo console ever. Hoping switch 2 has some bangers because I feel the total opposite OP. The last couple years, my switch has been a paper weight outside of the release of ToTK.

Killjoy-NL

Nintendo put a killer show, microsoft...a great show...sony, the market leader, lol no.
I don't see what Sony is supposed to counter exactly.

Donkey Kong and Zelda on Switch with a very specific demographic, or Xbox games that will come to Playstation as well.

As market-leader, they are in no rush whatsoever.

As for this Nintendo Direct, I don't see anything compelling. Although my gf might like the new Zelda.

StueyDuck

I’m probably there day 1 for switch 2, but i’m enjoying my switch more than ever right now and there were a lot of games today that appealed to me.

Like dq1-3, dkc, zelda…

Content on switch has been firing on all cylinders just these past 2 years where the quantity feels like it’d hitting the levels of where it should be for a combined portable+home console strategy.

I just got a Switch Lite used in very nice condition for €80, and it’s ultra nice in fairness. Being able to play all these games natively on a portable that tiny is still ludicrous to me. Why do we need a switch 2 exactly? Better gwaphics?
I feel the exact opposite. It's entering the final legs of life...

Some remakes and new games that use to be relegated to their handheld back in the day.

Hardly beast mode.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm smellin' a new 3D Mario for the launch of the Switch 2. I hope it's Odyssey 2... or Galaxy 3.

Ending the console with a new Zelda and Prime 4 is an incredible swan song for the Switch, but I feel like they're saving most of their big-hitters for the Switch 2. I expect Mario Kart 9 and a 3D Mario to be launch titles, or close to it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I dont mind remasters if its never been done but yeah donkey kong took the absolute piss, 3 consoles its been out for now
Assuming the Switch 2 has BC (which it almost certainly will), I'm happy that DKCR is getting a rerelease. The Wii version sucks nuts because of the forced waggle, and the 3DS version is, well, a 3DS version. I'm pretty happy to add DKCR to my digital Switch collection so I can properly play it on my TV for eternity.

Robb

Gold Member
When even Nintendo’s own titles have frame rate drops etc. that indicates to me that we are well overdue for a new system.

I’ll enjoy what they bring out, and I’m very happy that the Switch’s final year is looking very solid, but if I could get a “Switch 2” today, I wouldn’t hesitate for as second to move on.

DonF

Gold Member
I don't see what Sony is supposed to counter exactly.

Donkey Kong and Zelda on Switch with a very specific demographic, or Xbox games that will come to Playstation as well.

As market-leader, they are in no rush whatsoever.

As for this Nintendo Direct, I don't see anything compelling. Although my gf might like the new Zelda.
they dont need to counter, they just need to show something! Good thing is that both MS and nintendo had good shows, so this should force sony to show more games.

Top Bottom