• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

sugarless

How much knowledge about football do you have to have in order to enjoy this? I really don't like football, but I want to play this. I really like the art style and the RPG elements dound fun! What do you guys think?

I don't know anything about football but am enjoying the game a lot!

Spades

I'm sharing these 5 players from my team in the Friend Market.

Van Dorn (DF) 450 coins - No stat lower than D
Saunders (MF) 500 coins - All stats either B or C
Hayabusa (MF) 750 coins - All stats C except one B
Ibanez (FW) 500 coins - All stats B except 2 C's
Messina (FW) 500 coins - All stats C except 2 B's

They've all had a whole load of different Special Combo cards spent on them as I purchased the two DLC teams to practice against.

My Friend Code again: 0688-5246-0825
My Team ID: E788A32C4
My Team Stat Website: http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/enGB/team.php?team_code=E788A32C4

Looks like we need to be friends before I can sign any of your players. I've added you and my friend code is 0576-4101-9322 if you wouldn't mind adding me back!

sugarless

3995-6514-2832

we should probably add a list to the OP

All the friend codes and team IDs (I think) in the thread:

Code:
GAF username	Friend Code	Team ID
Ninja Dom	0688-5246-0825	E788A32C4
windfish	0860-3232-3957	9697B2813
Zornica		3995-6514-2832	F4B5D2EB1
daydreaming	5043-1159-2527	52D3FFD5F
Asso52		1049-0141-2804	A3C4E4960
MrKaepora	5455-9407-9927	2B4C6ABA8
kubus		0301-9768-0516 	896A8AE56
STG		3282-2612-1503
cw_sasuke	4313-0412-2734
Spades		0576-4101-9322	
Hasney		2466-2059-6830	
Stulaw		4768-7519-9584	
MicH		2836-0194-8979
DrWong				45A6C4B42
Oxx				FE1F3FAEB
sugarless			A3C4E2AD0

kubus

Add me too!

FC: 0301-9768-0516
Club ID: 896A8AE56

I got some pretty good dudes I'll share, mostly B and Cs! Also got a pretty good goalie with Bs in both jumping and technique.

Edit: ninja dom I added you! Will take a look at the rest of the list tomorrow. If you added me let me know in this thread or through pm and I'll add you back :)

Spades

Add me too!

FC: 0301-9768-0516
Club ID: 896A8AE56

I got some pretty good dudes I'll share, mostly B and Cs! Also got a pretty good goalie with Bs in both jumping and technique.

Edit: ninja dom I added you! Will take a look at the rest of the list tomorrow. If you added me let me know in this thread or through pm and I'll add you back :)

Adding you now! My FC is 0576-4101-9322.

MicH

I decided to buy this. I literally have no idea what I'm doing. I keep losing. Any and all tips would be appreciated.

I'll add my FC to the list as well. Where do I find the Club ID?

EDIT My FC is 2836-0194-8979

RiggyRob

Never even realised you can make your subs warm up while you're in a match. Does that affect their performance somehow?

kubus

After missing promotion in the first season, I'm now kicking ass and taking names in the second. Keep getting 9-0, 7-0 in matches and that's even when I'm putting my new players on the field who are still struggling with E and D stats. I'm sure of promotion now, and I hope I'll be good enough to at least put up a fight in the second competition :D

This game is awesome. And I don't even like football.

Litri

I'm trying to understand how the player type works within my current line-up.

I have seen that all the "balanced" players on my team do not really stand out by checking their behaviour on the matches -->

-They all stick to their zone, they don't do much pressing and they only rarely intercept balls. All in all, they contribute evenly but not much for what I have seen. Do I have to stick to their individual skills (besides their position) then to decide where to place them? Does it matter?

On the other hand, my "all round" players (which I don't know what diferentiates them from the balanced ones) tend to behave in the following ways -->

-Are focusing on marking/pressing a player from the opposing team but sometimes (if they are midfielders or rarely even defenders!) they run forward and bring extra flavor to the offense when needed. I noticed this several times in the past days but the problem is that my midfielders don't have any nose for the goal and sometimes they go up attacking but in the end they do nothing which disrupts the play in the mid of the pitch as they leave a hole for the other team. It's even worst as they usually do not dash trying to steal the ball from the opponent. Is there anything they are good at besides the above? If so, I may need to rethink my approach.

I use a 4-4-3.

First Season over won the league, with a 8-0-2 ending. Though one of the losses should have been a draw. now to sign new players/keep the 4 I used cards on

Ninja Dom

After missing promotion in the first season, I'm now kicking ass and taking names in the second. Keep getting 9-0, 7-0 in matches and that's even when I'm putting my new players on the field who are still struggling with E and D stats. I'm sure of promotion now, and I hope I'll be good enough to at least put up a fight in the second competition :D

This game is awesome. And I don't even like football.

First Season over won the league, with a 8-0-2 ending. Though one of the losses should have been a draw. now to sign new players/keep the 4 I used cards on

The salary of one of my players rose by 450 coins after winning the first Beginner League. Should I keep him? Hmmmmmm. Granted, he performed superbly.

kubus

The salary of one of my players rose by 450 coins after winning the first Beginner League. Should I keep him? Hmmmmmm. Granted, he performed superbly.
Don't tell me... Ibanez? I have him too in my team and he is godly. I'm afraid to find out what outrageous salary raise he will demand lol. He is my star player, I'd like to keep him...

In your situation you could keep him until you have a substitute ready. Then ditch him and use the coins to buy two fresh talents.

Don't tell me... Ibanez? I have him too in my team and he is godly. I'm afraid to find out what outrageous salary raise he will demand lol. He is my star player, I'd like to keep him...

In your situation you could keep him until you have a substitute ready. Then ditch him and use the coins to buy two fresh talents.

my best were Pisano, Rosa, Serra and a player i got via transfer Carter

i made 2 transfers in during first season for 1000. That made the salary 6000, now the total salary is 8000 with 4000 to spare

Ninja Dom

Yeah, Ibanez. He's a beast. I'm gonna stump up and keep him for the next season.

So far, so good. Just about to start my 3rd Season and the Potential in my star players is still tip-top.

MicH

So as I said yesterday, I bought this despite not liking football at all

... and I love this game! It is so much fun buffing your players and watchimg them play. I lost the first tournament, unfortunately, but I am slowly getting rid of all E's on my players' stats. Real fun!

I need some friends though, so I hope some of you guys want to add me :D

FC: 2836-0194-8979
Club ID: 01E20463E

sugarless

5 NPFC streetpasses today.

I was worried that things might be a bit quiet with the game.

I got two in central London on bank holiday Monday, then another today at Hammersmith station. Not bad for a brand new, niche-ish game, as it took a lot longer to see any Zelda: ALBW hits.

Third season over, finished 4th in the Pro League 2. Now all my OG players are hovering around 3 and 2 potential arrows and are dropping fast. Hoping I can train my rookies intime for the start of the new season...

Oxx

The Advanced League has been a bit of a shock to the system for my squad. I just don't want to get relegated.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The Advanced League has been a bit of a shock to the system for my squad. I just don't want to get relegated.
Haven't played the last 2 Days, probably enough for me because the first league is ridiculous brutal - can't see myself winning the championship. Top teams there are winning every game.

Will go back in a couple of months

Ninja Dom

With my bigger budget for completing the Beginner League I invested in some new players. But even though the stats of the new players are good, in the practice matches we're doing WORSE than my older regular team. It's gonna be tough getting my team to gel together.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would be cautious with dumping to man players, since in more advanced leagues you play more games and your players are getting injured like every day. Also the guys you trying from the beginning are way cheaper than adequate replacements on the transfer market.

MicH

I'm about to lose the beginner league for the second time. This is ridiculous. All my units' stats are D+ so I don't understand why this is happening. One game I am winning 5-0, the next I'm losing 02...

LoveCake

I've been training the players with maxed out potential bars, with the mindset of those players have more potential so will learn more. Less points in potential means they learn slower.

Have I got this wrong?

I would like to know the answer to this, i have been training my players & they don't seem to be improving at all, i loose on average by two goals, i don't think i have won a game yet & i am about to start the season proper.

Code:
STG		3282-2612-1503
cw_sasuke	4313-0412-2734
Spades		0576-4101-9322	
Hasney		2466-2059-6830	
Stulaw		4768-7519-9584	
MicH		2836-0194-8979
DrWong				45A6C4B42
Oxx				FE1F3FAEB
sugarless			A3C4E2AD0

I have added everyone on the list above.

My info is;
Club ID 9C3D60359
NNID FC 0087-2285-0027

Feel free to add me, but please PM me here so i know you are a fallow GAF member.

Oxx

I'll go on a code adding spree tonight.

Two successive wins have eased my relegation fears. Going for promotion now!

Ninja Dom

I'm about to lose the beginner league for the second time. This is ridiculous. All my units' stats are D+ so I don't understand why this is happening. One game I am winning 5-0, the next I'm losing 02...

I blitzed the Beginner League in my second season. When I never had a match on I always played a Practice Match, never a Friendly. And in every Practice Match I rested my main stars and just played my subs.

If you're having a real hard time then you can take my players on offer from the Friend Market.

windfish

Code:
STG		3282-2612-1503
cw_sasuke	4313-0412-2734
Spades		0576-4101-9322	
Hasney		2466-2059-6830	
Stulaw		4768-7519-9584	
MicH		2836-0194-8979
DrWong				45A6C4B42
Oxx				FE1F3FAEB
sugarless			A3C4E2AD0

Thanks for putting that together, added everyone on that list! :)

MicH

I blitzed the Beginner League in my second season. When I never had a match on I always played a Practice Match, never a Friendly. And in every Practice Match I rested my main stars and just played my subs.

If you're having a real hard time then you can take my players on offer from the Friend Market.
Thanks for the advice, I really need to rest my main guys :p Hope is not all lost for me yet. First place has 7/7 wins (really?) and I'm rematching them now. Apparently, everything depends on me winning this.

EDIT I'n winning! 2-0 in the first half!

Also, I'l add everyone on the list later today as well :)

kubus

Thanks for the advice, I really need to rest my main guys :p Hope is not all lost for me yet. First place has 7/7 wins (really?) and I'm rematching them now. Apparently, everything depends on me winning this.
Ah... Is it Anchormen Utd.? They won every match in my second season as well. Luckily I beat them in my rematch or I would've been 2nd again. I had a +49 goal difference lol.

I can easily wreck the club that was promoted in the first season (Shooting Stars) when I play practice against them though :p.

MicH

Ah... Is it Anchormen Utd.? They won every match in my second season as well. Luckily I beat them in my rematch or I would've been 2nd again. I had a +49 goal difference lol.

I can easily wreck the club that was promoted in the first season (Shooting Stars) when I play practice against them though :p.
It's the Fly Guys (or whatever their name is). I managed to beat them 3-0 and now it all depends on me winning the rest of my matches (which looks very likely. Yay!

EDIT Wait.. not even that is enough. The Fly Guys keep winning and since I have two losses and one draw (and they only have one loss) there's no way i can win. Fuck these guys :(

sugarless

Here's something bothering me about the game. Is it just me or does the music in the club office screen have this really discordant background sound that's really difficult to listen to? It's a shame because it's layered underneath a quite pretty guitar tune. It's like the sound at the end of Windowlicker by Aphex Twin.

Zornica

Banned
my setup seems to suck... I got lots of great players but somehow... they don't perform as good as they should.

either my zone setup or my formation sucks

PoxyRadical

Neo Member
my setup seems to suck... I got lots of great players but somehow... they don't perform as good as they should.

either my zones setup or my formation sucks

If you get a lot of goals scored against you, consider playing a 4-3-2-1

4 defender 3 defensive mids two attacking mids on the wings and a central striker. Keep a triangle in front of the back four with the point in between the two central backs but slightly in front.

Make sure you build the speed stat on your wingers so they can sprint down the wings, also you should build speed on your two fullbacks (LB and RB) so they can help in attack and get back in time to defend.

Also you should invest in a good goalie.

If you can't score maybe play 4-4-2 with 1 defensive mid and 3 attacking mids directly behind the two strikers.

Zornica

Banned
If you get a lot of goals scored against you, consider playing a 4-3-2-1

4 defender 3 defensive mids two attacking mids on the wings and a central striker. Keep a triangle in front of the back four with the point in between the two central backs but slightly in front.

Make sure you build the speed stat on your wingers so they can sprint down the wings, also you should build speed on your two fullbacks (LB and RB) so they can help in attack and get back in time to defend.

Also you should invest in a good goalie.

If you can't score maybe play 4-4-2 with 1 defensive mid and 3 attacking mids directly behind the two strikers.

nah. it's neither of those...
it's more like my guys are incapable of aiming at the goal ;)

this is my setup atm:
http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/deAT/team.php?team_code=F4B5D2EB1

I've got the ball most of the time, got 3 mildly decent strikers, but they seem to be really lousy shots.
Maybe there's a some kind of skill to counter their incompetence?

ok, I made a little experiment. I tought 1 of my people "long throw" (and only 1 of them!) because it's an easy to spot move.
so far, only he used the move during a game, which would indicate that skills aren't universal, but player specific.

PoxyRadical

Neo Member
nah. it's neither of those...
it's more like my guys are incapable of aiming at the goal ;)

this is my setup atm:
http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/deAT/team.php?team_code=F4B5D2EB1

I've got the ball most of the time, got 3 mildly decent strikers, but they seem to be really lousy shots.
Maybe there's a some kind of skill to counter their incompetence?

ok, I made a little experiment. I tought 1 of my people "long throw" (and only 1 of them!) because it's an easy to spot move.
so far, only he used the move during a game, which would indicate that skills aren't universal, but player specific.

Haha, fair enough.

Maybe try giving your strikers the shooting combos, see if that works. (Rocket shot, dribbling shot and the like)

Top Bottom