• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

kubus

Like others, I've been obliterating everyone in the second cup but all my players are showing negative potential now :(. It'll be fine this season and I'll most likely get promoted, but the next is going to be tricky.

I've stopped training my dudes and have started focusing on my new recruits only. It'll be hard to have them on equal levels as my old team in such a short time.

At least I now know what combos are good and I'll likely waste fewer cards. Think I'll focus on avoiding relegation only in the next season and use that time to replace my old team. I'll miss them :(

Ninja Dom

I've realised that Fatigue & Potential doesn't come into it when playing Online Ranking matches. So while your S and A class ranking stars may play a little bit poorly in the single player because you've had them a few seasons - when you use these same players in Online Ranking they play like absolute demons.

Also I've had a player with full forward facing Positive Potential get injured for 3 weeks, only for him to recover and he has Negative Potential with a couple of arrows missing. WTF?

I have had one gem though, a player named Vasseur. I've had him since my very first season and he has stayed on full Positive Potential throughout all my seasons. It's a shame I waited until Season 3 to fully start using Training Cards on him. I'm about to start Season 6 and he's still got a full arrow, although he has commanded a 1000 coin pay rise.

PoxyRadical

Neo Member
I have had one gem though, a player named Vasseur. I've had him since my very first season and he has stayed on full Positive Potential throughout all my seasons. It's a shame I waited until Season 3 to fully start using Training Cards on him. I'm about to start Season 6 and he's still got a full arrow, although he has commanded a 1000 coin pay rise.

Is it possible that they only start to lose potential once they have had some training?

Spades

I've just won the second league (won all of my games apart from two draws) and now I'm about to hit the big time of the Pro Leagues!

Quite a few of my team are on a downward spiral as far as potential is concerned though, so I'm thinking I'm just going to clear house and build a team that can just survive from relegation, improving all season (I've saved up a load of training cards) so that I can make an assault for the title the following season.

Hopefully in the meantime, some friendly folks will have some A/S rated players on the market for me to loan to help out!

^ That's exactly what I did. Finished second to bottom in my first season and now everybody's trained I'm 10 points clear with 10 games to go in the second season.

Ninja Dom

Is it possible that they only start to lose potential once they have had some training?

Yup it could seem so. Cos now I've started training him his Potential has dropped.

If anyone needs help then grab my current Hayabusa off the Friend Market. A and S stats only but serious Negative Potential. Amazing in Online Ranking matches as Potential and Fatigue aren't considered.

RiggyRob

Jeez, I'm getting destroyed in Pro League 1 or I'm destroying teams myself - I've won 5-0 and lost 6-2 and 4-1 in my last 3 games. Might be time for a tactical change...

LoveCake

I just got promoted in my first season :D

Is there a list of how good the players are that are in the transfer market ?

Zornica

Banned

I don't think so. I got several players I kept pushing for 3 seasons, they had full potential after the 2nd or 3rd week, and started dropping just recently.
It's more likely that every player got an internal clock or maybe it's just random?

RiggyRob

Fucks sake, just been relegated in Pro League 1 thanks to Promethean XI rolling over to the second to bottom team -.- I guess I need to really start pushing my team again, I've been a little lax this season just being content with collecting the cards.

On the plus side, I'm in the quarter final of the Federation Cup, which is further than I've ever been so far. Also, I think I agree that combos that give special skills are more important than those that just give stats (although the majority of my players do have worse stats than most teams at the top level).

Edit: Welp, I'm out. Year 8 has been a disaster season.

Oh fuck, budget's been decreased - now I can't afford my top two strikers. Shit!

Oxx

Spain is out there to Spotpass.

I'm not sure what they're there to do.

Edit: Shit! 6 points ahead with 3 games left in the A League.

Such tension.

We're up to Pro League 1!
I just won the title by being 20 points clear :lol
23 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss, 84 scored, 18 conceded.

My young rookies are hitting peak potential just as my old pros are winding down so it all worked out nicely.

Oxx

It should come up in the regular 'go to game' menu after it auto-downloads (or unlocks).

I have the playoff final coming next. Go team.

I was 2-1 up against Spain, they equalised in the last 10 minutes and scored the winner with 40 seconds to go.
I'd be annoyed if I wasn't laughing at how they did the golden boot celebration despite scoring a header.

I was hoping the players would have the real names, or at least the names of old players. Kinda disappointing.

Zornica

Banned
I rage quit 3 times today after loosing again and again against the same (shitty) team. I guess this would be the perfect time to take a break from the game for a few days...

RiggyRob

Just figured out that Spotpass teams are the best to practice against, you get the cards you would normally during the game AND you get a combo and 3x of the cards required for the combo. I'll take 7-0 beatings from Spain if it improves my team more quickly.

Also, since I'm sick of being beaten by teams with a 3-6-1 formation without fail, I'm testing out my own revolutionary 2-7-1 formation to play them at their own game.

RiggyRob

Hah, the striker I taught Spain's First Touch Pass combo to just scored and did the Golden Boot celebration (boot being cleaned by teammate). Sweet, although I do prefer the Samba Steps celebration.

Zornica

Banned
so basically the spanish team is like one of the dlc teams?
where is the catch? can you play against them only once? or for a limited time or something?

Ninja Dom

where is the catch? can you play against them only once? or for a limited time or something?

I think Nintendo are periodically releasing free DLC country teams to everybody. Now whether the current country (Spain) disappears when a new country is added is something we'll have to wait and see.

Although I've got the DLC Spain I haven't played them yet, my in-game schedule is too busy just now. Does Spain use real player names?

kubus

1-5 loss here!
Ohhh I'm impressed! haha

It's a Spotpass team, part of the free World Cup Spotpass thing that they're running this and the coming months:

Spain — Available 02/05/2014 14:00 UK time until 09/05/2014 13:59 UK time.
Italy — Available 09/05/2014 14:00 UK time until 16/05/2014 13:59 UK time.
Germany — Available 02/06/2014 14:00 UK time until 09/06/2014 13:59 UK time.
France — Available 13/06/2014 14:00 UK time until 20/06/2014 13:59 UK time.
England — Available 07/07/2014 14:00 UK time until 14/07/2014 13:59 UK time.
Holland — Available 14/07/2014 14:00 UK time until 21/07/2014 13:59 UK time.

You can play against them an unlimited amount of times (I think? I've played them twice so far but they don't seem to disappear) and you get the cards x3 for a special combo afterwards. I've forgotten which combo you get from Spain though, I think it was Hold Up Pass?

Make sure you have Spotpass turned on at the Airport and then you'll receive them automatically. The teams will appear in the Stadium where you select practice/friendly matches.

Every now and then new countries will be available for a week. Once the next one arrives via Spotpass the current one disappears.

'beschikbaar' translates to 'available' btw. Times are CET.

Spanje Beschikbaar van 2 mei 2014 (15:00) tot 9 mei 2014 (14:59)
Italië Beschikbaar van 9 mei 2014 (15:00) tot 16 mei 2014 (14:59)
Duitsland Beschikbaar van 2 juni 2014 (15:00) tot 9 juni 2014 (14:59)
Frankrijk Beschikbaar van 13 juni 2014 (15:00) tot 20 juni 2014 (14:59)
Engeland Beschikbaar van 7 juli 2014 (15:00) tot 14 juli 2014 (14:59)
Nederland Beschikbaar van 14 juli 2014 (15:00) tot 21 juli 2014 (14:59)

-edit-

UF1mhCa.gif

RiggyRob

As said before, we don't know how long Spain will stay as a team to play against, but the only downside I can see is that you have to play a full friendly instead of a practice match (which affects your backing).

Also the combo you get from them may differ from game to game but I've always received First Touch Pass.

Oxx

I think the message in the notification centre said that the existing spotpass team gets overwritten when the latest one is available.

kubus

The times they expire are in the timetable I posted. Basically they get overwritten as soon as the next team is available :)

Spades

If you manage to beat the International team of the week, you should be able to select a player to sign for your squad!

I've got a draw against Spain, the possession was almost equal and I had more shots. If only Burkhard could actually put some of these sitters away I might've got a result. I pay him 9,500 a week and he's kinda crappy :(

Oxx

I'm getting destroyed in Pro League 2.

Hopefully I can use the cards to build a long-term project if I go down.

But maybe not invest cards in my high price players considering they might be too expensive after relegation.

RiggyRob

I'm getting destroyed in Pro League 2.

Hopefully I can use the cards to build a long-term project if I go down.

But maybe not invest cards in my high price players considering they might be too expensive after relegation.

I thought there wasn't automatic relegation in Pro League 2? You should still have a chance to stay up in the playoff (and it could be vital you do if you want to keep your increased budget).

RiggyRob

It's so frustrating seeing your players fail to get results, even if you know they're not good enough. I really need some cheap, high stat players with low increasing potential.

This is a game I reeeeeaaaaallly wish there was an official guide to explain the effects of the card combos and tactics.

Ninja Dom

It's so frustrating seeing your players fail to get results, even if you know they're not good enough. I really need some cheap, high stat players with low increasing potential.

This is a game I reeeeeaaaaallly wish there was an official guide to explain the effects of the card combos and tactics.

Problem is, as you get into the bigger leagues and look for new players, their salaries all increase but their stats aren't anything special. The Friend Market is where I've found some of my best players.

A couple of my players got into the All Star team. Anyone know what affect this has? They're supposed to become better players, hopefully their Potential will increase. I'm still in the middle of the season so maybe the All Star games are at the end of the season.

Mdk7

Won the first (meaning the lowest) league today, with 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.
Felt good man, felt good.

My team ID is 896A954D6, in case you wanna beat my still rubbish club (named Longobarda, after an Italian cult movie from the 70s based on football).
Oh, my friend code: 0860 3223 3879

Ninja Dom

So where exactly is the results forecast stat? My assistant mentioned it but I can't find it anywhere.

At the start of every competitive match you see the two teams lined up side by side and the camera scrolls through them. It's on the right side where it has Win, Draw, Win as a percentage.

I had two interesting things happen today.

1) One of my players completed 100 games for me and automatically got an S rating for Willpower.

2) I was asked to be the stand in manager of the All Star team for a friendly against a team that plays abroad. I win the game too.

fred

I hate to think how many hours I'm going to end up putting into this game, it's fantastic. Am number 90 in the UK now, and have found around 30ish card combos on my own without cheating and looking them up lol

In my third season, got promoted in my first, stayed up in my second and am top of the table 1 point ahead with 6 or 7 games to go. Am really tempted to cheat and look up some of these combos but MUST RESIST!!! :eek:D

Just finished my sixth season, got 4th place in Pro League 1.
I now have 5 players with empty potential and their stats are dropping. Time to rebuild.

Oh, I have a player I've been building up for 4 years bit by bit. Went from mostly D's to all A's and 3 S's. Now he's asking for a 1,800 coin raise for next season. Some thanks I get -_-

Ninja Dom

Just finished my sixth season, got 4th place in Pro League 1.
I now have 5 players with empty potential and their stats are dropping. Time to rebuild.

Oh, I have a player I've been building up for 4 years bit by bit. Went from mostly D's to all A's and 3 S's. Now he's asking for a 1,800 coin raise for next season. Some thanks I get -_-

4 A's and 3 S's?? Can you put him on the Friend Market please?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you manage to beat the International team of the week, you should be able to select a player to sign for your squad!
When would that be? Because I beat Spain and didn't get to sign a player from the squad.

Top Bottom