• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

kubus

So how has everyone's run been so far? For me:

Beginner League First Season: #2
Beginner League Second Season: #1 by a landslide
Advanced League First Season: #1 with some effort
<My players started getting negative potential from this point>
Pro League 2 First Season: I'm halfway through the season, somewhere at the bottom of the rankings.

I'm constantly juggling between two teams right now. My old A-team which I used to get where I am now, with players ranging between As and Bs mostly, but they're getting old and their potential is dropping rapidly. My B-team is 100% new players and I'm slowly training them to get on equal levels with my old team, so I can get rid of those old geezers. They are mostly in C and B ranges now.

Are there actually people here who steamrolled three competitions in a row? And how are you dealing with your negative potential dudes?

As someone mentioned earlier, I would definitely buy a strategy guide for this game if it was available, haha. I still don't know if all cards give skills, or just specific ones, and if you need to keep using the same cards to unlock that specific skill... Sometimes the camera quickly zooms in on my player Blom when he uses some neat trick. I'm guessing that's when a real "skill" is being used? On the other hand, I taught some of my players the Midfield Strike combo and I've seen them do that occasionally on the field, but then the camera doesn't zoom in. So there are different tiers of skills or something? So confusing! (but fun!)

Oxx

I've won 1 game out of 11 so far in Pro League 2.

A disaster of a season. I should be doing a better job of running-out the season while building for the future, but even that is slow work.

My overall record is W35/D13/L35.

DrWong

So how has everyone's run been so far? For me:

Beginner League First Season: #2
Beginner League Second Season: #1 by a landslide
Advanced League First Season: #1 with some effort
<My players started getting negative potential from this point>
Pro League 2 First Season: I'm halfway through the season, somewhere at the bottom of the rankings.

I'm constantly juggling between two teams right now. My old A-team which I used to get where I am now, with players ranging between As and Bs mostly, but they're getting old and their potential is dropping rapidly. My B-team is 100% new players and I'm slowly training them to get on equal levels with my old team, so I can get rid of those old geezers. They are mostly in C and B ranges now.

Are there actually people here who steamrolled three competitions in a row? And how are you dealing with your negative potential dudes?

As someone mentioned earlier, I would definitely buy a strategy guide for this game if it was available, haha. I still don't know if all cards give skills, or just specific ones, and if you need to keep using the same cards to unlock that specific skill... Sometimes the camera quickly zooms in on my player Blom when he uses some neat trick. I'm guessing that's when a real "skill" is being used? On the other hand, I taught some of my players the Midfield Strike combo and I've seen them do that occasionally on the field, but then the camera doesn't zoom in. So there are different tiers of skills or something? So confusing! (but fun!)

Beginner League First Season: #1 with effort
Advanced League First Season: #1 comfortable. I have yet to play my qualificative match to know if I go to the Pro League 2.

And about your questions: I have exactly the same, with the same thoughts (zooms...) :]

RiggyRob

I'm hitting the reset button - I've been pinging between Pro League 1 and 2 for the last 4 seasons so now I'm clearing out ALL of my players and starting fresh. This way I'll be able to keep track of which combos I've taught my players.

Edit: My run so far:
Season 1 - 4th in Beginner League
Season 2 - 1st in Beginner League
Season 3 - 1st in Advanced League (lost playoff)
Season 4 - 1st in Advanced League (won playoff)
Season 5 - 4th in Pro League 2
Season 6 - 2nd in Pro League 2 (won playoff)
Season 7 - 8th in Pro League 1 (start of decline)
Season 8 - 12th in Pro League 1 (relegation)
Season 9 - 2nd in Pro League 2 (won playoff)
Season 10 - 12th in Pro League 1 (relegation)

Now it's my 11th season, I plan to build a team that'll go straight to the top of Pro League 1.

Oxx

It definitely feels rigged for maximum drama.

Every single season is the same: start out badly before going on a run of victories towards the end of the season.

I don't feel like training and raising the stats of a few players accounts for such a huge turnaround in form.

Ninja Dom

Here's my progress:

Year 1, Beginners League - 3rd place
Year 2, Beginners League - 1st place (promotion)
Year 3, Advanced League - 1st place (promotion)
Year 4, Pro League 2 - 2nd place (promotion)
Year 5, Pro League 1 - 4th place
Year 6, Pro League 1 - 3rd place. (I did manage the All Star team for one Friendly match).
Currently playing Year 7.

I've currently got two players in my first team that I've had since I started the game, Year 1. And to be fair, they're doing better than expected. Their Potential is negative but just under half a bar left.

My runs seem to follow a rough pattern

Beginner League: 1st
Advanced League: 4th
Advanced League: 1st
Pro League 2: 4th
Pro League 2: 6th (replaced entire team, didn't work)
Pro League 2: 1st
Pro League 1: 4th

4 A's and 3 S's?? Can you put him on the Friend Market please?

He's up!
I also put another player who I took on with 1 C and all D's and E's but only 4 potential bars. I've trained him slowly for four seasons and now he's hit max potential he has an A in every category and is very close to S's in two.
They're both awesome.
Take care of them!
My friend code is: 3609-2131-7801

It definitely feels rigged for maximum drama.

Every single season is the same: start out badly before going on a run of victories towards the end of the season.

I don't feel like training and raising the stats of a few players accounts for such a huge turnaround in form.

Hmmm my seasons are the opposite, I always start out well (started with 9 wins straight once) before declining.

Add me please, Jo.

0688-5246-0825

Gotcha!

I just finished training the guy I was talking about. So now I have up:

A. Millán - 2,700 wage - A, S, A, A, S, A, A
Cano Jr. - 4,800 wage - A, S, S, A, A, A, S

I play Cano behind the strikers and Millán on the right wing but as they're both Dynamo's they can go anywhere.
Anybody else want them?

Ninja Dom

Gotcha!

I play Cano behind the strikers and Millán on the right wing but as they're both Dynamo's they can go anywhere.
Anybody else want them?

Thanks I got a couple of star players you can grab in return. Also A and S stats.

Fuck!!! A. Milan came across with full Potential bar!!!

Zornica

Banned
Yeah no probs I'll do it this evening :)

It's A.Millán, right? Already bought.

my progress

with lots and lots of online matches in between.

edit: yay! just won my first cup game, and one of my players got nominated!

my future plan: buy many great players from the friend market for the A-Team and prepare my own B-Team in the meantime.

Spades

Gotcha!

Anybody else want them?

Add me please dude!

0576-4101-9322

Add me please dude!

0576-4101-9322

Done!

It's A.Millán, right? Already bought.

my progress

with lots and lots of online matches in between.

edit: yay! just won my first cup game, and one of my players got nominated!

my future plan: buy many great players from the friend market for the A-Team and prepare my own B-Team in the meantime.

That's the guy!
What happens when a player gets nominated? Does their potential change at all?

Thanks I got a couple of star players you can grab in return. Also A and S stats.

Fuck!!! A. Milan came across with full Potential bar!!!

Hey I got Hayabusa and I'll be back for one of your strikers soon :D

+Aliken+

Doing my 12th season now.

Here is my progress
S1 - Beginner : 1st // 20 points
S2 - Advanced: 4th // 28 points
S3 - Advanced: 3rd // 33 points
S4 - Advanced: 1st // 43 points
S5 - Pro League 2: 7th // 20 points
S6 - Pro League 2: 6th // 30 points
S7 - Pro League 2: 4th // 45 points (and Semi-Finals in the Federation Cup)
S8 - Pro League 2: 7th // 27 points
S9 - Pro League 2: 4th // 40 points
S10 - Pro League 2: 3rd // 56 points
S11 - Pro League 2: 1st // 69 points

Now in my 12th season with 3 games to go in the Pro League 1 I am 6th with 25 points and in the quarter finals of the Federation Cup.

kubus

Thanks for sharing your progress everyone. Glad to see I'm not the only one who hit a difficulty spike in Pro League 2.

RiggyRob

Thanks for sharing your progress everyone. Glad to see I'm not the only one who hit a difficulty spike in Pro League 2.

The hardest part to Pro League 2 I found was the fact that you'll always have a Pro League 1 team who has been relegated to compete with - if you don't consistently win against the other teams, they'll almost certainly take 1st place. Luckily, I've managed to get 2nd place and then win the playoff consistently so far.

Is there a site which lists all of the card combos and their respective stat/skill increases for particular positions (e.g. Iron Defence for Defenders, Midfield Maestro for Midfield, Rapid Dribbling for Forwards etc)?

At the moment I'm making up a Google spreadsheet with all of my players and trying to list the combos according to usefulness to that particular position, but with 125 listed combos (effectively 121 with GK only combos removed) + several unlisted combos, it's taking a lot longer than I thought.

Ninja Dom

So is this legit or not?

No it isn't legit. It's just his wishful thinking.

Now things are hotting up for me. I came 2nd in Pro League 1 which means I now qualify for the European Champions Competition, and I got three of my players in the All Star team. I hope my squad is gonna be big enough to do all three tournaments that I'm entering (Pro League 1, Federation Cup. Champions League).

kubus

The hardest part to Pro League 2 I found was the fact that you'll always have a Pro League 1 team who has been relegated to compete with - if you don't consistently win against the other teams, they'll almost certainly take 1st place. Luckily, I've managed to get 2nd place and then win the playoff consistently so far.

Is there a site which lists all of the card combos and their respective stat/skill increases for particular positions (e.g. Iron Defence for Defenders, Midfield Maestro for Midfield, Rapid Dribbling for Forwards etc)?

At the moment I'm making up a Google spreadsheet with all of my players and trying to list the combos according to usefulness to that particular position, but with 125 listed combos (effectively 121 with GK only combos removed) + several unlisted combos, it's taking a lot longer than I thought.
Yeah, I think the current #1 in Pro League 2 hasn't lost a single match yet. It's gonna be hard to beat them in the ranking, but the play offs should help with that.

I found this website that has a neat overview of all the card combos. But does it really make a difference which position you use a card on? I never noticed this before, but then again I haven't really paid attention to that.

I agree it would be useful to make a list of useful combos (and thus skills) for specific positions. Even more so if the stat increase is different!

RiggyRob

Yeah, I think the current #1 in Pro League 2 hasn't lost a single match yet. It's gonna be hard to beat them in the ranking, but the play offs should help with that.

I found this website that has a neat overview of all the card combos. But does it really make a difference which position you use a card on? I never noticed this before, but then again I haven't really paid attention to that.

I agree it would be useful to make a list of useful combos (and thus skills) for specific positions. Even more so if the stat increase is different!

I don't know, but that's kinda the point. Why would you give your striker Iron Defence for example? Some combos have negative effects that you might not want to happen, such as your centre back charging up front leaving you exposed at the back (I think that's Rush Attack or Open the Gates, but it's frustrating not knowing which is which!).

Some combos are obviously suited to being given to your whole team (Ball Control, Relentless Pressure etc.) but giving Deadly Slide to everyone might not be such a good idea.

kubus

I don't know, but that's kinda the point. Why would you give your striker Iron Defence for example? Some combos have negative effects that you might not want to happen, such as your centre back charging up front leaving you exposed at the back (I think that's Rush Attack or Open the Gates, but it's frustrating not knowing which is which!).

Some combos are obviously suited to being given to your whole team (Ball Control, Relentless Pressure etc.) but giving Deadly Slide to everyone might not be such a good idea.
Ah, sorry, my post wasn't clear. I thought you said that cards give different stat increases depending on what position player you use them on. To which I meant to say "Does it [stat increase] really change depending on the position" but I worded it a bit sloppily. I understand what you meant now!

RiggyRob

Ah, sorry, my post wasn't clear. I thought you said that cards give different stat increases depending on what position player you use them on. To which I meant to say "Does it [stat increase] really change depending on the position" but I worded it a bit sloppily. I understand what you meant now!

I guess I wasn't clear myself with the stat/skill increase part either, but it doesn't matter now.

By the way, that Lemon Tea site with the combos is extremely useful, and even lists some more combos that aren't in the in-game list (probably because they're detrimental/unsporting).

kubus

I guess I wasn't clear myself with the stat/skill increase part either, but it doesn't matter now.

By the way, that Lemon Tea site with the combos is extremely useful, and even lists some more combos that aren't in the in-game list (probably because they're detrimental/unsporting).
Yep, I wonder if a move like Diving would have severe consequences. It gives a huge boost to Speed, but it's not very nice :p. I'm not eager to find out, haha (probably end up with lots more Yellow/Red cards..)

RiggyRob

Yep, I wonder if a move like Diving would have severe consequences. It gives a huge boost to Speed, but it's not very nice :p. I'm not eager to find out, haha (probably end up with lots more Yellow/Red cards..)

Can you be carded for diving? I haven't seen it yet.

Zornica

Banned

I started a list a while ago but never finished it. It's also not very impressive.
There are skills everyone should learn... You already listed a few. I'd add the skill you got from the Spanish team.

in other news... I just finished my 3rd season and won pro league 2 with 72 points (22 Victories, 6 draws) and a 59 goal difference.
Made it up to the quarter finals in the first cup, but now 3 of my best players are injured -_- ugh... this is going to be tough.

RiggyRob

I started a list a while ago but never finished it. It's also not very impressive.
There are skills everyone should learn... You already listed a few. I'd add the skill you got from the Spanish team.

in other news... I just finished my 3rd season and won pro league 2 with 72 points (22 Victories, 6 draws) and a 59 goal difference.
Made it up to the quarter finals in the first cup, but now 3 of my best players are injured -_- ugh... this is going to be tough.

Funnily enough, the in-game list is pretty organised (starts with all the shooting combos, then the passing combos, then the controlling combos and so on). I just needed the Lemon Tea website so I could copy and paste the list into my Google spreadsheet.

windfish

He's up!
I also put another player who I took on with 1 C and all D's and E's but only 4 potential bars. I've trained him slowly for four seasons and now he's hit max potential he has an A in every category and is very close to S's in two.
They're both awesome.
Take care of them!
My friend code is: 3609-2131-7801

Hmmm my seasons are the opposite, I always start out well (started with 9 wins straight once) before declining.

Added you too (my fc: 0860-3232-3957)

How do you guys manage to raise the stats so fast and evenly to A and S levels?
Cards are not a problem but most of the times, if i train my player regular especially during their highest potential, they get more and more exhausted and risking injuries makes things even worse.

Iam now benching pretty much all of my shooting stars, so i can train them every week..
no idea how much experience (if any at all) will be lost from not playing them in regular matches *shrugs*

RiggyRob

Added you too (my fc: 0860-3232-3957)

How do you guys manage to raise the stats so fast and evenly to A and S levels?
Cards are not a problem but most of the times, if i train my player regular especially during their highest potential, they get more and more exhausted and risking injuries makes things even worse.

Iam now benching pretty much all of my shooting stars, so i can train them every week..
no idea how much experience (if any at all) will be lost from not playing them in regular matches *shrugs*

Simplest way is to look up which combo gives the biggest boost in the stats they're lacking in most and pump your players full of those combos so that they balance out quickly.

I found that playing regularly made the players potential increase and then decrease more quickly, so I think technically it's a better idea to train what will be your first team in a couple of seasons by keeping them on the bench and making sure they don't get injured (cause otherwise you'll lose valuable time for training them).

Just finished my best season!

Year 8 is done (and I've passed the 100 hour mark in this somehow...) and I won Pro League 1 for the first time.
P:22 - W:16 - D:6 - L:0 - GF:65 - GA:13
Finished 13 points clear.
I also won the Federation Cup!
Five of my players were selected for the All-Star game, which I managed and won too.

My budget has gone up to 65,000 for the next season too which is just as well as 7 of my players all have zero potential :(

Zornica

Banned
I found that playing regularly made the players potential increase and then decrease more quickly, so I think technically it's a better idea to train what will be your first team in a couple of seasons by keeping them on the bench and making sure they don't get injured (cause otherwise you'll lose valuable time for training them).

really? because I had some players I never used and their potential dropped way quicker than the potential of my regulars...
I still think everyone has some kind of internal clock, like a real human.

I just had my most exciting game ever.
Federation Cup, Quarter finals against the #2 Team from Pro League 1 (I already beat the #1 team the match before). After the first half they had already scored twice and I was ok with that, I never thought we would win anyway. But than in the 2nd half we made a comeback and also scored twice in a row. in the 91. minute we scored a 3rd time, but it didn't count -_- (offside...). penalty shoot-out was next. We went to shoot first and failed the first one... they scored. Then my goaly managed to block their 3rd attempt. So we were even again. And than... at the last go, we scored, but they didn't and we won. I nearly had a heart attack.

finals here we come! (against pro league 1 #3)

windfish

really? because I had some players I never used and their potential dropped way quicker than the potential of my regulars...
I still think everyone has some kind of internal clock, like a real human.

I just had my most exciting game ever.
Federation Cup, Quarter finals against the #2 Team from Pro League 1 (I already beat the #1 team the match before). After the first half they had already scored twice and I was ok with that, I never thought we would win anyway. But than in the 2nd half we made a comeback and also scored twice in a row. in the 91. minute we scored a 3rd time, but it didn't count -_- (offside...). penalty shoot-out was next. We went to shoot first and failed the first one... they scored. Then my goaly managed to block their 3rd attempt. So we were even again. And than... at the last go, we scored, but they didn't and we won. I nearly had a heart attack.

finals here we come! (against pro league 1 #3)

Haha that sounds great, good luck with the final,... meanwhile my little fellows got a good beating from your Team while playing a friendly! My side struggled to even touch the ball and got an early Goal, then somehow we managed to equalize (must have been one shot one Goal)...then all hell broke loose in second half and we got our asses handed to us, in the end all i got was one Oil Therapy Card... i turned off the 3ds and went to bed :(

Ninja Dom

I've just won Pro League 1 with 4 games to go. And 8 of my players have been selected for the All Star Team.

Now I'm concentrating on winning the Federation Cup. I got knocked out of the European Challenge Cup pretty easily though.

But it's not all good news. I can't see myself doing the same next season as my main stars have zero Potential and decreasing stats. The players that you Scout for just aren't good enough.

Zornica

Banned
against all odds I just won the federation cup... 5:0, and I'm only in my 3rd season(!). I kinda feel bad for the other team lol.
apparently the game couldn't handle the awesomeness and kept lagging the whole time...

thanks for sharing your players everybody, this is just as much your victory as it is mine.

season ended, most of my guys demanded their first raise. I guess I'll grant their request, they have earned it.

during my game against spain one of their players jumped over my defender while he was sliding.. does anyone know which skill that is? it seems quite useful.. (I lost 3:1)

Pand

All the friend codes and team IDs (I think) in the thread:

Code:
GAF username	Friend Code	Team ID
Ninja Dom	0688-5246-0825	E788A32C4
windfish	0860-3232-3957	9697B2813
Zornica		3995-6514-2832	F4B5D2EB1
daydreaming	5043-1159-2527	52D3FFD5F
Asso52		1049-0141-2804	A3C4E4960
MrKaepora	5455-9407-9927	2B4C6ABA8
kubus		0301-9768-0516 	896A8AE56
STG		3282-2612-1503
cw_sasuke	4313-0412-2734
Spades		0576-4101-9322	
Hasney		2466-2059-6830	
Stulaw		4768-7519-9584	
MicH		2836-0194-8979

I've added everyone on this list + Jo Shishido's Cheeks. My friendcode is 1263-6292-5082, hit me up!

Zornica

Banned
Is Italy out yet? I still need to farm more Spain-Combo cards..

I wonder what skill combo you can get from italy... simulaton maybe? :p

Oxx

Omg. Last kick of the game is a chipped goal from the edge of the box to beat the second place team.

Still fighting relegation. But it's definitely a dramatic ride.

I love how hands-off this game is, whether I'm working or washing up I always have a match set up in the background.
Seeing as how you don't control the Mii's in Tomodachi I hope it's as passive as this too.

I won my first European match today, even at home their win percentage was 42% but we won 2-0. My backing went up by 1%, my board and secretary are so demanding now!

RiggyRob

:O The Lemon Tea site just got a overhaul!

Super useful for checking which combos you can use with the cards you own.

It's a nice change but some of it doesn't work properly - e.g. it thinks for Wild Man you need to select everything or it won't appear despite the fact you may have already chosen Running, Aerobics and Sprinting. Still super useful though.

Edit: Also I've just seen that Hand of God is an unlisted combo. That's hilarious.

RiggyRob

nice upgrade... but I still prefer the japanese site. at least you can sort your results by whatever you need there.

You know you can click on the icons at the top of the table to sort it, right? The only other downside I can see apart from it not working properly is that the default listing doesn't match the in-game list.

LoveCake

I played the Italy DLC team last night & one of the Italy players took one of my top forwards down & he was carried off the pitch on a little stretcher :(

I wasn't going to stand for this, so i pressed the off button !

I then went to play the game again with the exact same formation & the very same thing happened again to the very same player as the very same second of the game, the score was the same to, it was exactly the same game, so i pressed the off button again,

I then played the game again, but i swapped out the forward for another (not as good) forward i had & the game was completely different, Italy didn't score two goals in the first half either.

Zornica

Banned
what's the best way to win against spain? which formation? agressiv? passiv? balanced?
for some reason, no matter what I do, I lose 2:1 because they score twice in the last 10 minutes every time :/

Top Bottom